[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playstation CD burning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1484444139290.jpg (125KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484444139290.jpg
125KB, 1200x1200px
Resident Evil 2 Dualshock Version has two .bin files for each disc, how am I supposed to burn these to play them on my modded console? Do I have to use 4 CDs instead of two, or are both .bin files supposed to be burned to the same disc?
>>
There's only two discs for RE2.
>>
>>3750424
I know, which is why I'm confused.
>Resident Evil 2 - Dual Shock Ver. (USA) (Disc 1) (Leon) (Track 1).bin
>Resident Evil 2 - Dual Shock Ver. (USA) (Disc 1) (Leon) (Track 2).bin
It's the same thing for Claire's disc.
>>
File: Untitled.png (36KB, 979x735px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
36KB, 979x735px
Those are probably the audio tracks, I've never burned ps1 games to discs but you'll probably have to merge them into a single bin/cue pair.
Get the free version of isobuster (it's free in the winrar sense), you open the cue in it and find this option. Remember to rename the resulting file to .bin when saving it since it defaults to iso.
>>
File: uh.png (11KB, 410x185px) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
11KB, 410x185px
>>3750435
I'm just going to try burning the first .bin and see what it does. I didn't have to mess around with the .cue file when I burned RE1 so I'm not sure that's the problem with this one, I think it's treating the A and B scenarios for each character as it's own disc.
>>
>>3750463
The thing is that ps1 games often come with the audio tracks separate (in the form of a cue file + multiple bin files) because those discs also doubled as audio cds, and this is the only way to keep that information intact. If you try to open the game in an emulator, you probably won't hear any music, or at least some tracks will be missing.
Maybe if you point the burner to the cue sheet it'll burn both bin files to the disc without the need to merge them, but I'm not sure. If you don't want to risk wasting cds, it'll be safer to just merge them since it's so piss easy.
>>
Well, it seems to be working normally. I don't know exactly what would be different because I've never played this but apart from me burning it at too high of a speed and causing a few errors there were no problems. There was audio and it booted up no problem.
>>3750483
Maybe it is just the music then, but I'm watching a play through of the first ten minutes and the background noise is the same. Maybe I got confused because usually the .cue file is some 1kb file that I never pay attention to, but these "Track 2" .bins are significantly smaller than the Track 1 file while still being pretty big for a PS1 game (36mb)
>>
File: 1392440-bigthumbnail.jpg (64KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1392440-bigthumbnail.jpg
64KB, 450x337px
>>3750415
Nice starting a Jill Valentine thread!
>>
>>3750415
Multiple bins means you got a download that was formatted where the first one is data and any extra ones are CD audio tracks.

Either burn the cue sheet or mount the cue sheet and then use a "Copy CD from Drive" function instead of directly burning an image to a disc.
>>
>>3750519
So if I burn the cue, it will merge both tracks without errors? I burned it a second time after doing the thing >>3750435 said but it had even more errors than when I just burned the first .bin by itself. I still have like 8 CD-Rs but 2 wasted makes me hesitant to even try another one.

I don't get the copy cd from drive option, but I do get the burn to disc option once I mount the .cue file for leon's disc.
>>
File: 20-01-2017-20.43.jpg (160KB, 1241x923px) Image search: [Google]
20-01-2017-20.43.jpg
160KB, 1241x923px
>>3750610
If you burn bin #1, you are only burning the game data. If you burn bin #2, you are only burning the first audio track. You need to feed your burner the cue sheet because it is basically a table of contents text file (inspect it with notepad) referencing every single "chapter" along with their split times. So this is why generally you need to "burn" your cue sheet. If for whatever reason your software doesn't let you select a .cue file, the alternative is to mount it and let your software do a CD copy of your virtual drive. If you don't want to waste your CDs, open up the cue sheet in notepad and check that all the references match up (don't write a cue sheet by hand).
>>
>>3750415
you use the cue file to burn the discs retard
>>
>>3750637
I always just bought or borrowed burnt PS1 games when I was younger, and the only ones I've done only had one bin and a cue file so I didn't know...

Thanks for the help everyone, sorry for being a dumbass. It just burnt with no errors
>>
>>3750660
Fucking retard
>>
Since you are new to PSX burning, I want to mention that if you have any problems with CD burning, just be aware of all the variables at hand when trying to determine the source of the problem. I remember a time when I had fancy inject printable discs that kept giving me weird errors during FMV sequences on burnt discs. Switched them out with cheap Memorex ones and I was good to go.
>>
if you had been using imgburn it actually warns you to use the cue instead.
>>
At worst, you will burn a functional cd that will lack some audio tracks and you will experience missing voices/music.

You can mount the multitrack .cue to demon tools and then re-rip it with ImgBurn, then burn it.
>>
>>3750415
What is this crap
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.