[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brandish 2: The Planet Buster PC-98 translation coming soon™

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 843212.png (376KB, 569x684px) Image search: [Google]
843212.png
376KB, 569x684px
Get hype, anons!

Also, Brandish thread
>>
>>3749603
Is it different to the SNES version?
>>
Fugn nifty.
Glad that PC98 tittles are getting some attention.
>>
File: NP2_0055.gif (26KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
NP2_0055.gif
26KB, 640x400px
>>3751293

Koei's SFC version is decent and probably the best Falcom game available on the console, but it cuts a lot of content, misses some music and has only 2/3 of the maps (about 18 areas). The PC-98 original is superior in pretty much every way.

We also checked the SFC fan-translation, just in case we could reuse any of it for the PC-98 version (with the permission of the authors, of course), but we decided to go against it. Their translation seems suitably tongue-in-cheek, almost Working Designs-esque, and they also took tons of liberties from the original. PC-98 translation will be more faithful to Falcom's original intent.

As for the game itself, it's excellent. Brandish 1 was damn great already, but Brandish 2 uses the formula in a huge interconnected world with brilliant map design and better organized levels. It's the perfect combination of 90s dungeon crawler map design with unique, fun action mechanics. One of the best dungeon crawlers of all time and easily one of Falcom's greatest.

Pic related, I'm one of the beta testers doing QA.
>>
>>3751419

any plans for 3 and 4? I think one of those had an abandoned translation
>>
File: NP2_0061.gif (29KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
NP2_0061.gif
29KB, 640x400px
>>3751425

Brandish 3 it depends if we can use the work put into Brandish 2 for hacking Brandish 3. For Brandish 4, the entire game is already hacked and our translator roughly did the Law alignment of Dee.

It all depends if our main translator is willing to do them. Right now he's working on the Zero no Kiseki fan-translation, so he's quite busy at the moment.
>>
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! 2017 looking to be a good year already!
>>
>>3751443

Tell that guy hes my hero.
>>
First 46 Okunen, now this? Nice run for PC-88/98 games so far!

Brandish 1 is an amazing game (after you get used to the camera) - I have the PCE port which is a very well-done version (probably the best home version).
>>
>>3751419
Great to see more 90s Japanese PC games getting translated! I love the interfaces from that era, everyone kinda did their own thing, and it gives the games a lot of personality.
>>
Synchronicity is my favorite track in the series, it always sets the mood so well, Brandish is a cool game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMjzx_wAqJU
>>
>>3751293
Idk
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.