[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/, first of all thanks for giving me advice on my first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Awshit.jpg (190KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Awshit.jpg
190KB, 1600x1200px
Hey /vr/, first of all thanks for giving me advice on my first /vr/ purchase - the picrelated Gameboy Color for 20 bucks. I now have an important question - region locking. It's a Japistan Gameboy I think. Do I need to get specific repros for it? A specific flashcart? If it's region locked, can the right flashcart play Gaijin roms?

Thanks, /vr/, you are awesome.
>>
no gameboys are region locked
>>
>>3749476
Is that a
No, gameboys are region locked
or
None of the gameboys are region locked
>>
Google exists for a reason.
>>
>>3749478
The latter
>>
>>3749489
Thanks m800
>>
>>3749495
Why wouldn't you already know this? Even /v/ would know this.
>>
>>3749501
I am mainly a PC guy. I live in a place where nintendo didn't exist until the casual success of the Wii
>>
>>3749517
Well, shit. Did you have to come to /vr/ just to ask that? You pushed a thread out with this one, so you better ask more relevant questions now.
>>
>>3749517
What games do you plan on getting?
>>
>>3749649
Looking at bootlegs on Aliexpress. I'll probably either get a flashcart if I find a decent one or just buy the standart set of Zerudas/Pogeymanz/Marios
>>
>>3749685
Flashcarts are super convenient, but I'll always prefer collecting the original carts. If you want I could recommend some games for you. If not, that's cool too.
>>
>>3749690
Years of emulation gave me enough knowledge of the games. I just want to play on original hardware.
Still, can you recommend some cool gems I might have not heard of?
>>
>>3749702
I don't really know of any hidden gems, but I can recommend a few that might've been overlooked.
Both Mario Golf and Mario Tennis are great RPG/Sport hybrids. They're made by Camelot Software who went on the make the Golden Sun series on the GBA. Both games are quite addicting and great time killers.
Kirby's Tilt 'n' Tumble is a game that you can't properly emulate given the fact that you have to tilt the cartridge to go anywhere. If you can find it for cheap, then you should pick it up.
>>
>>3749685
For Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal don't buy bootlegs because the real time clock in the game won't work. Stick to Blue/Red/Yellow for bootlegs and find original carts of the others.
>>
>>3749723
Will the clock work on a flashcart?
>>
>>3749728
I believe there are some out there with RTC but everdrive doesn't support it.
>>
>>3749734
There's always something
>>
>>3749739
Yeah I bought all 3 of those games in a lot for like $50. They have a lot of personal nostalgic value to me so I could justify it. Means I won't have any issue getting the everdrive which is the best option for a GBC flash cart. Only other issue with that is LSDJ if you're into that.
>>
>>3749748
Trying to find just crystal for a decent price is annoying. Are there any /vr/ websites except for ebay?
>>
>>3749771
It's best when you can get them in a lot, that's usually the cheapest way to get Crystal. Crystal should be the only one you really need unless you're seriously into Pokemon and want to link together two gameboys so you can complete a pokedex. Other options are half.com and the amazon marketplace though.

Don't forget that almost all of these cartridges have dead batteries now. If you want the RTC to work you'll either need to buy ones that have had them replaced by somebody or solder it in yourself. Last and worst option is to tape down your replacement battery if you have no confidence in your soldering skills.
>>
>>3749783
Say I have the balls for battery replacement. What kind of battery would it be?
>>
>>3749789
CR2025
>>
>>3749794
Amazon.co.uk doesn't have pics of the game cartriges people are selling. Is that site usually a believable place for originals?
>>
>>3749685
Why bother with repros or boots. Most games for the dmg and GBC are cheap enough to buy the original cart and sometimes the repros are even more expensive.
>>
>>3749802
If it's fulfilled by amazon it most likely is. I've only used .com myself. Often the seller will say something like battery replaced/authentic. Amazon has a generous return policy as well.

>>3749814
Yeah but it seems like finding people that will ship to his country cheaply will be a serious problem for him. China wins in that regard.
>>
>>3749818
Problem is not cheaply. Problem is at all. Most ebay listings don't ship here at all
>>
>>3749835
There are some forwarding services out there that will let you buy items from whatever site you want and ship them to a US address. You can even have them store multiple items and combine shipping. I looked into that when I lived in the Philippines but the customs fees would have raped me.
>>
>>3749857
RIGHT I almost forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.