[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yoshi's Island is such a nice game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 27

File: 798299.png (5KB, 198x170px) Image search: [Google]
798299.png
5KB, 198x170px
Yoshi's Island is such a nice game.
>>
File: 1484535060164_painted.jpg (35KB, 419x397px) Image search: [Google]
1484535060164_painted.jpg
35KB, 419x397px
>>3748178
why create a new threat to say something we already know??

just joking, it's a a good title, and challenging
>>
>>3748178
It's fun to ride until your friends see you on it.
Any other Mario game you could pass the controller back and forth on deaths and have fun but not this one
>>
>>3748198
I dont see the problem about being saw playing it

In that case the problem is you
>>
>>3748178
The game had 10/10 art direction. The worlds were beautiful and the enemies were memorable and cute.

But I just wish you could stay in these comfy worlds a little more. The enemies are only that—enemies. You don't see them much or interact with them outside of killing them. Plus the whole focus in the game is on collecting, you clear a level once—you don't go back to it afterwards.

I wish there was a Yoshi's Island RPG or something like that. Or a SM64-style game where you could revisit one level often.
>>
File: paperm420.jpg (14KB, 296x199px) Image search: [Google]
paperm420.jpg
14KB, 296x199px
>>3748215
Paper Mario uses some characters from Yoshi's Island, there's a whole penguin village which is also arguably the best part of the game.
>>
>>3748476
Yeah, I wanted to mention this. PM is pretty similar in style to Yoshi's Island, save for crayon look.

I think cuter Yoshi's Island characters like penguins were more suited for an RPG. This gave the opportunity to show their personalities and such. They weren't much gameplay-wise anyway
>>
>>3748476
It's a huge crime we never got a Bumpty partner in Paper Mario.
>>
>>3748604
I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been a bumpty put into Mario kart as a playable character yet. Kids fucking love penguins. Seems like an obvious choice.
>>
File: dk.jpg (15KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
dk.jpg
15KB, 210x240px
Yoshi's Island is Mario made for literal babies.

Donkey Kong Country is Mario made for real men.
>>
File: bumpty_by_neoz7-dauwj4g.png (1MB, 1024x771px) Image search: [Google]
bumpty_by_neoz7-dauwj4g.png
1MB, 1024x771px
>>3748604
>>3748709
>>3748476
Man, I thought I was alone in loving bumpties. They should get more love from Nintendo
>>
>>3748725
To hell with this arsehole though, taking credit for your work and getting your name wrong.
>>
>>3748725
Where do these guys fit into the Mario 64 canon?
>>
>>3748712
Get out before Shigeru Miyamoto hears you
>>
>>3748752
t. Steve L. Kent
>>
>>3748749
Um, don't you remember the penguin you could throw from a cliff?
>>
The visual effects and art direction are nice and the music is fine in places, but I just really fucking hate the game.

Don't think it's fun in any sense of the word and derive no satisfaction from trudging through it.
>>
I haven't played this game since I was a kid, all the conflicting opinions people have towards it kind of make me want to replay it to see what I think of it now.
>>
>>3748215
Yoshi's Island is perfect. Everything we know and appreciate about the world is portrayed from the eyes of a child, the seasons, the colors, the enemies you encounter.

game could have used two or three more stage themes though
>>
>>3748949
The same could be said about any children's book or cartoon.
>>
>>3748887
What conflicting opinions? Many people view this as one of the best games ever.
>>
File: 1473831866527.jpg (101KB, 716x951px) Image search: [Google]
1473831866527.jpg
101KB, 716x951px
>>3748953
>The same could be said about any children's book or cartoon.
but you forget the thread is about a video game. This is a really ambitious thing. They set out to communicate a feel without having to explain it and and we're in the thread talking about how they succeeded in in doing so. Isn't that amazing?

It isn't the first time a dev had done this but it's a really captivating thing. You feel me?
>>
>>3748973
It's true
>While Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto worked on Super Mario World, he thought to make Yoshi the series' "next hero" since the game designer did not like the other Yoshi games, including Yoshi's Safari and Yoshi's Cookie, and thought he could make something more authentic. When he first brought the game to Nintendo marketing, they declined the game for having Mario-style graphics rather than the vogue, computer pre-rendered graphics of Donkey Kong Country. In comparison, they felt that his game lacked the power to impress.[12] Incensed and opposed to the style, Miyamoto instead further escalated his cartoonish visuals into a hand-drawn, crayon style.[6][12] Nintendo's marketing department accepted this revision. Miyamoto later recalled feeling that the marketing department wanted "better hardware and more beautiful graphics instead of ... art".[12] Around the time of his rejection, Miyamoto allegedly said that "Donkey Kong Country proves that players will put up with mediocre gameplay as long as the art is good".
>>
>>3748971
Oh my god. Pictures can express a feel. What a wonderful discovery. Yoshi's Island didn't do it with means exclusive to video games. It could as well be a silent cartoon. Have you watched these? They are also about expressionism. Same with picture books and so on.

Moreover, crayon stylization has been done before, see this: https://youtu.be/Xnp5GLZHdEA . I also can't remember the names, but I've seen cartoons stylized as children's drawings.
>>
>>3749005
>Yoshi's Island didn't do it with means exclusive to video games.
I literally just fucking said that

that doesn't make it any less impressive
>>
>>3749019
It does, because it has been done times and times before it. Even Where The Wild Things Are is similar.
>>
File: 1471145337274.jpg (17KB, 416x308px) Image search: [Google]
1471145337274.jpg
17KB, 416x308px
>>3749027
>Don't say nice things about Yoshi's Island in a thread about Yoshi's Island
>it's not impressive to work within the means of a console to portray a certain look
>Why? because I say so
What are you even trying to accomplish?
>>
>>3749031
As usual, reading comprehension of /vr/ amazes me. I just said that your outlook on Yoshi's Island was very one-sided. You basically stated that what made it great was the atmosphere.
It's almost like you view it as some indie non-game which is all about muh message and muh atmosphere.

Yoshi's Island does not end there though. It's also a great collectathon with original mechanics and nice level design. I.e., it's also a great video GAME. And I'd argue that if it was actually style over substance, we wouldn't be talking about it right now. So to me, it's a great game first, great art book second.
>>
>>3749005

You're an idiot, maybe /tv/ is more your jazz.
>>
>>3749048
>As usual, reading comprehension of /vr/ amazes me.
Okay, so you decided to pick apart my unabashed infatuation with the game's visual aspects, I informed you that's a totally pointless thing to do, and then you decided that it would best to insult my reading comprehension as a means to offset the blowback.

>you view it as some indie non-game which is all about muh message and muh atmosphere.
God, that's a retarded thing to say.
>>
File: TAcharacterselect.png (17KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
TAcharacterselect.png
17KB, 256x224px
>>3748215
Tetris Attack also solely features YI characters. It gives them names and personalities (sorta of) and dialog. It's cool.
>>
>>3749221
Man, I remember playing that game. Good times.
>>
>>3749105
>I informed you that's a totally pointless thing to do, and then you decided that it would best to insult my reading comprehension as a means to offset the blowback.
Don't bother anon, this fucking faggot has been shitting up /vr/ with his poor argumentation skills, seriously do an archive crawl for "poor reading comprehension" he ALWAYS replies with this every time he gets BTFO. It really should be a word filtered phrase by now since only this dumbass uses it.
>>
>>3748712
Donkey Kong Country proves that players will put up with mediocre gameplay as long as the art is good.
>>
>>3749221
I sank so many hours into that game.

VS mode with a friend got insane at times.

>throw a 4-chain
>he returns it with 5
>send it back as a 6
>repeat until someone fucks up or runs out of blocks
>>
>>3749221
Loved it, but they're there mostly as fixed backgrounds, right?
>>
>>3749327
I thought a lot people thought the gameplay is good.
>>
>>3749370
The gameplay was alright, but nothing remarkable. And the enemies needed much more variety. Great art design and music though.
>>
File: yoshissafari.jpg (32KB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
yoshissafari.jpg
32KB, 350x240px
>>3748973
Steve L. Kent was most likely lying about the "mediocre gameplay" part. I can imagine Shiggy saying something like "most people only care about graphics", but I don't believe him saying DKC (a game he himself helped produce) would have "Mediocre gameplay", that's just Kent's bullshit to sell his book.

>>3748991
That last quote in here is most likely bullshit.
>>
>be 3 years old
>grandpa buys Super Metroid and Yoshi's Island for mine and my brother's birthdays
>tfw playing those games when they were fresh and new

why has life never been so good again
>>
honestly I don't like it that much

the levels are too different from other Mario games not really in a good way
>>
ITT: people seem to be either pro Yoshi and contra DKC or the reverse. Why not just like both of them for what they are?
>>
>>3749695
I do. However, I've played a lot of Yoshi games than I played DK games.
>>
>>3749556
What is this.
>>
>>3750080
Not retro at all, Google platformania
>>
>>3749343

It's a puzzle game, what else should the characters do?
Player1s charactr sets the design and music during the battle and the characters stand in the middle as little sprites who do animations according to the play, if you do a combo or chain they do an attack animation and if a block comes your way they act like they were shaken by it crashing down. Also he victory and losing animations.
Apart from that they are static pictures in the background of the playing field.
>>
These are the cutest
>>
>>3748178
>Yoshi's Island is such a boring game.
FIFY
>>
>>3751547
Someone said it
Thank you
>>
File: repan.png (62KB, 180x192px) Image search: [Google]
repan.png
62KB, 180x192px
>>3751547
>Yoshi's Island
>boring
>>
>>3748178
Penguins are the cutest vidya animals.
>>
File: Marchmilde.png (80KB, 320x308px) Image search: [Google]
Marchmilde.png
80KB, 320x308px
Funny that almost every new Yoshi's Island enemy is a sphere with some details here and there. Even the bosses.
>>
>>3751585
Yeah it's ass
Any Mario game is funner
>>
File: 1484194573329.jpg (138KB, 607x504px) Image search: [Google]
1484194573329.jpg
138KB, 607x504px
>>3748178
i got banned last week for calling someone a cuck tranny and telling them to kill themselves for liking yoshi's island, so i won't do that again.

however, i'm not a fan of the art style. i feel it's childish and too big a departure from the mario games that preceded it. i'm also bitter that they never made a 2d sequel to SMW for the snes with a more traditional art style.
>>
>>3751585
The platforming took a backseat to collecting and solving puzzles. I mean I do like those things in general, but the way SMW executed them made the game feel like a chore.
>>
File: RaphaelRavenAlt.jpg (85KB, 640x601px) Image search: [Google]
RaphaelRavenAlt.jpg
85KB, 640x601px
>>3751625
Paint it black, add a beak
>>
>>3751634
There's enough of both, platforming and puzzle/collectan, and they complement each other.
Also, you can just play the game without caring about scores, that's how I played it as a kid.
Went back to the game as an adult and enjoyed another layer of it by 100%ing it. But getting perfect scores isn't necessary to beat the game.

Yoshi's Island is the opposite of boring to me, and yeah, I also love other Super Mario games, doesn't mean I can't enjoy YI. (also YI has a lot of elements from SMB2/USA and World)
>>
>>3751632
I share your bitterness on that one.
They really could've made something even more special. Much like DKC2 improved upon DKC1 in every way, I think the same could've been done with SMW.
>>
File: yoshisland.jpg (42KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
yoshisland.jpg
42KB, 736x736px
>>3751667
>>3751632
But then people would complain about "rehash" and what not.
I think SMW did enough with the amount of secret levels on Special World.
Other than more levels, what could be improved about SMW? The romhack community already produced many good SMW hacks.
>>
File: mariosque.jpg (161KB, 800x1122px) Image search: [Google]
mariosque.jpg
161KB, 800x1122px
>>3751667
this guy knows whats up.
>>3751679
they managed to improve things each game they put out until that point; smb1, sm3, and smw were all different and had new features added but the art style remained consistent.
i believe that they could have surprised us all again had they tried.
>>
>>3751627
You're dead wrong about it being ass or boring. It really is fun
>>
>>3751771
>but the art style remained consistent.

They all have distinct different art styles, I remember as a kid playing SMB3 first, and when I played SMB1 it felt weird, especially Mario's sprite, he looked like a suspicious guy.

Anyway, I do think SMB3 and World are the peak of 2D Mario... again, what would you improve about them other than new levels?
Okay, New Super Mario Bros. added wall-jumping (actually, Super Mario 64 did, but that was 3D), but I think physics-wise, SMW is Mario perfection.

I much rather Yoshi's Island, a new series with new gameplay mechanics, rather than yet another Mario game.
>>
>>3751660
This.
>>
>>3751632
>however, i'm not a fan of the art style.

I respect this opinion though I don't share it.
I found YI's artstyle absolutely lovely from the first time I saw it and wished for it for Christmas and I still do. It looks beautiful.
>>
>>3751797
>>I much rather Yoshi's Island, a new series with new gameplay mechanics, rather than yet another Mario game.

I agree. I miss it when Nintendo came up with platforming games that didn't star Mario (as much). Yoshi's Island, the Wario Land games ... hell even Luigi's Mansion or even -yes I dare write that- Super Princess Peach were more interesting gameplay wise than every 2D mario game since New Super Mario Bros. for the DS.

Spoilered to avoid some autists screaming "NOT RETRO, REE!" or shit like that.
>>
>>3751632
>i feel it's childish and too big a departure from the mario games that preceded it.
I see your point, but to be fair, that was the case since the Mario bros. and Bowser were babies in that game. Plus, I don't think the art style was even that childish, especially comparing to Yoshi's Story's.
>>
>>3748178
it was one of my favorite games growing up. 10/10 soundtrack, gameplay, world, everything. only thing that annoyed me was when you got hit and baby mario would cry, that did get annoying sometimes, not sure how they would change that system.

>>3751919
nintendo got too corporate and don't want to take risks anymore with stuff like that. it's too bad because I don't think they know how much the West fucking loved those games. also i think Nintendo keeps trying to make things 'fresh' with 'new' ideas, which is nice...but some of their stuff they really just need to go back to and use the formula again, because it worked so well.
>>
File: Mare_EE_Oh.jpg (331KB, 1200x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Mare_EE_Oh.jpg
331KB, 1200x1024px
>>3751660
That's a fair rebuttal. I actually didn't get to play it until probably 10-13 years after it was released. The Mario games for the NES were (and still are) some of my all time favorite games, but i got a genesis instead of snes around that time. i got to play SMW at a friend's house and loved it, so i was really excited when i finally got to play SMW2 after all those years. I really wanted to like it, but I don't even think i got half way through before i moved on to something else. Being honest with myself, now that i look back i think my OCD may have kept me from enjoying the game. i remember trying to 100% each level as I went through, and as i said got exhausted and bored with it. Perhaps one day I'll go back and try to just play through it first, and then every now and then try to 100
% each level.
>>
>>3749327
But Yoshi's Island has way better visuals. You can pick it up today and it hasn't aged a bit. It still feels as magical as it did 22 years ago.
>>
>>3749370
>>3752146

>replying to Steve L. Kent
>>
>>3748476
>>3748215

There's also an actual yoshi island
>>
>>3748178
>Yoshi's Island is such a nice game.

Until you get to THAT part.
>>
>>3752227

Well it's an extra level, these are supposed to be hard, for expert players.
imho THAT part would be the realy loooong booooring cave.
>>
File: fami.jpg (82KB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
fami.jpg
82KB, 1280x974px
>>3752227
>>3752292

>tfw Kamek's Revenge
>>
>>3752227
>>3752296

I concur with these statements.

>>3752292
But this as well, those levels are usually supposed to be harder. By the way, that level you mentioned was probably even annoying for playtesters from Nintendo back in the 90s because they called it "the looong cave". Now imagine trying to beat that level with 100 points without missing anything. You probably don't want that.
>>
>>3752314

I wanted and I did back then as a kid.
But I left this level for last to get 100.
Pretty dickish move to put that chomp rock section right before the end. Fuck up and you can again spend >3minutes scrolling slooowly in a circle.
>>
>>3748178
>>3748178
I agree
>>
>>3751625
This thing is literally just Kirby
>>
Are these /vr/ threads always this slow?
>>
>>3754669
/vr/ is a regular-paced board, it used to be slower but now it's faster than some other boards that are older, like /m/ or /jp/. It's not as fast as /a/ or /mu/, and of course not as fast as /v/ or /b/, but it's not the slowest either. I personally think it has the perfect pacing, you can make a thread and be sure it'll still be there next morning.
>>
>>3754669

Yes. We are a niche board.
Not that many threads, not that many posts.
But that's perfect the way it is.
>>
>>3751457
So cute that you jump the fat mother so you can kidnap her children
>>
>>3754737
Yep. You can even kill her in the latest Yoshi game.
>>3752227
Poochy ain't stupid.
I've always wanted Poochy to appear outside of the Yoshi series. He's just too cute.
>>
>>>3748712
>Donkey Kong Country proves that players will put up with mediocre gameplay as long as the art is good.

Why is the gameplay mediocre?
I thought the gameplay mechanics are very good.
Gaining speed when rolling on enemies and airjumps feeling awesome and can switch the pace of the game. Its no super metroid but neither is Mario.
>>
>>3749695
I love both. I cant say a bad thing about either but i like dkc2 more because it has atleast a serious tone in soundtrack and graphics.
>>
>>3748210
It's funny that I'm sort of the opposite; I love playing casual games like Pokemon, Mario, and Minecraft, and I get a little embarrassed if I'm seen playing "nerdy" stuff like Dwarf Fortress or Nethack.
>>
>>3752164
It's funny how Yoshi's Island went from being just the tutorial stage in a Mario game, to being a full-fledged franchise with its own characters and lore.
>>
>>3756621
I know, right? I love it when the series expand its characters, settings, and lore.
>>
>>3756794
I wish we knew more about shy guys, and why they wear the mask not even memeing; I have this headcanon where the cloak and mask are a religious garb, sorta like a burqa.
>>
>>3757046
That and I also want to know whatever happened to Wart and why has some of his army left him.
>>
File: cara tímido.gif (2MB, 467x370px) Image search: [Google]
cara tímido.gif
2MB, 467x370px
>>3757046
>>
File: Yoshi'sIslandSMW.png (4KB, 225x175px) Image search: [Google]
Yoshi'sIslandSMW.png
4KB, 225x175px
>>3756618
Maybe it just means that you're faggot

>>3756621
Well, the whole first island in SMW is called "Yoshi Island". See: https://www.mariowiki.com/Yoshi%27s_Island_(place)

Also,
>While Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto worked on Super Mario World, he thought to make Yoshi the series' "next hero" since the game designer did not like the other Yoshi games, including Yoshi's Safari and Yoshi's Cookie, and thought he could make something more authentic.

I guess Miyamoto was invested in this character. He said he wanted to put a dinosaur in the game since SMB3, but Famicom's limitations didn't allow it.
>>
its hard :(
>>
>>3748178
one of the best super nintendo games, without a doubt.
>>
>>3757070
>Well, the whole first island in SMW is called "Yoshi Island". See: https://www.mariowiki.com/Yoshi%27s_Island_(place)
It was called Yoster Island in Japan if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>3757046
>why they wear the mask
becouse of the obscure japanese event, there is no real reason for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL9o9zzCUsQ
>>
>>3757069
Seeing how they can make facial expressions in the Striker games, that means their "clothes" are their skin and flesh while their "mask" are their face.
>>
>>3749327
Oh please. People loved the animal friends and platforming when DKC came out. That's why it got 2 sequels
>>
>>3752227
THAT part to me is the auto scrollers since it's a collectithon
>>
>>3757935
You're right. Interesting. I wonder what it means. It's also called "Yoster" in US release of SMRPG.
>>
>>3757945
>that Birdo
Amazing. Dinky Dong Piclic
>>
>>3752113
What if Mario was feeling adventurous and decided to wear his regular overalls with a fire cap?
>>
>>3748991
Youre so fucking stupid they know where the quote is from they are questioning the validity of miyamoto actually saying that
>>
>>3751771
>I believe they could have surprised us again had they tried.
They literally did that and you are complaining. Most of the ideas in super mario world covered a lot of bases and it would be hard to make a direct sequel without suffering in quality by adding really unnecessary gimmicks or just retreading the same ground. Yoshi's Island is different enough that it doesnt feel like the same game with the new moveset and egg mechanics, but its rooted enough in smw1 that you can tell where its coming from. I understand your sentiment of just wanting a straightforward sequel and improvement from the first smw, but i think if you consider it realistically they did the best they could. What could they have done that wasnt basically just more maps? I dont see nintendo being that shameless and just making literally the same game again within the short span of time between YI and smw1. Of course nowadays its a different story, all those NEW SUPER MARIO BROS games are basically what youd get if nintendo had listened and made smw2 more like 1 and those are really generic and bland games that just feel like 3d smw for the 10th time
>>
>>3758580
it just means the camera is from a different angle and they didnt model a proper face because youre never meant to see it.
>>
File: 005.jpg (30KB, 320x266px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
30KB, 320x266px
>>3758819
The way its written in japanese is ヨースター (Yo-sutaa).
スター would actually be romanized as Star. So maybe a combination of Yo(shi) and Star?

Alternatively (and more likely, now that I think of it) a wordplay with Yoshi and Easter (making a reference to the Easter Island).
>>
>>3759474
American Mario?
>>
File: LargeRex.png (4KB, 215x180px) Image search: [Google]
LargeRex.png
4KB, 215x180px
>>3759957
>Rex have wings
how the fuck did i never notice this
>>
>>3749695
I like both of them, honestly. I don't see why people need to pick a fight over it.
>>
>>3752113
I can tell you from experience: trying to 100% a game on your first run can completely ruin it for you.

On my first run of Final Fantasy VI I used a guide and did everything. Everything. No stone unturned, no Esper left behind. I burnt myself out on the game and can't bring myself to play it again, and in hindsight this was the dumbest fucking thing I've ever done.
>>
>>3758819
It's worth noting that because Super Mario RPG was a Square Enix game, Ted Woolsey was the one to localize it instead of..... whoever did normal Mario games.

That's why Super Mario RPG has a bunch of really weird shit going on with names that never happened in other Mario games. Yoshi's Island reverting to Yoster Island, all Boos being called "The Big Boo". Spinies and Paratroopas being "Spikeys" and "Sky Troopas". Shit like that.
>>
>>3760593
Indeed they do. Makes me wonder how come they can't fly.
>>3760602
Agreed
>>
>>3752015
>only thing that annoyed me was when you got hit and baby mario would cry, that did get annoying sometimes, not sure how they would change that system

You literally just have to get good
>>
>>3760914
>Makes me wonder how come they can't fly.
I doubt these tiny wings would help. Also, might be wrong here, but only real feather wings work in Mario
>>
>>3761021
What about them bats in Super Mario World or other Mario games then?
>>
>>3761061
Ah, yeah, ok. I knew there'd be some exceptions. But nevertheless, Rexes' wings are too tiny
>>
>>3761067
True
>>
>>3760612
Why though? If you had a great time the first time around, you really shouldnt worry about replaying. You dont HAVE to replay a game anon, you can just move on to the next one. I can see maybe using a guide ruining the feeling of surprise or something, but being upset you cant replay the game is kind of dumb.
>>
>>3761596
I have to agree on this. I used the guide for some games, too. Doesn't mean I won't have a great time playing it for the first run.
>>
>>3760593
they didn't in the original timeline...
mengele effect. look it up
>>
>>3760627
Well shit, this explains a lot of things I've always wondered with SMRPG. I always wished there was a true sequel for that game. I imagined a more complex and expanded world where other characters like Yoshi and Wario (or Booster) would join your party and a much more challenging game, while keeping the same charm and humor.
>>
>>3752227
don't bully the poochy
>>
>>3748949
If you download the music rip there's versions of almost every outdoor tracks fuzzified even though it like only happens in that one jungle and athletic level. Why did they just add more music...
>>
File: verygoonie.png (52KB, 349x271px) Image search: [Google]
verygoonie.png
52KB, 349x271px
>>3751636

Best sphere-enemy. I love these guys.
>>
>>3765067
>>Why didn't they just add more music...

Probably because of memory limitations on the SNES. I love the music from most /vr/-related Mario games but the DKC trilogy (especially the first) just blows them out of the water even if it's for the sheer amount of music.

For real, everytime I'm playing Yoshi's Island I get tired of hearing the same songs over and over again (which is even worse in the first two SMB games but less annoying) while I never get bored of listening to the songs in the DKC games.

I still love the art direction and all the different enemies in Yoshi's Island more. That and it's more challenging to 100% it in my experience.
>>
>>3748215
That "wanting more but not being able to get it" feeling? That's what perfection feels like.
>>
>>3765596
No, that's the feeling of a ruined opportunity. It's an annoying flaw, reminding you that game development is always rushed and constrained.

And certainly perfection would have more replayability than YI.
>>
>>3765637
Are you saying that YI isn't replayable?
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.