[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which would be the better experience, trying to beat all NES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: nes-snes.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
nes-snes.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
Which would be the better experience, trying to beat all NES games or all SNES games?
>>
What would be the better experience?
Eating Cyanide or rat poison?
>>
SNES might make you want to kill yourself a tad bit less. Nintendo hard will make your life a living hell.
>>
GEKIJOU NI NURETA YUME NO NA WO TOEBA....

kono sekai kurayami de
>>
>>3747956
I don't speak gook.
>>
>>3747969
GEKIJOU NI NURETA YUME NO NA WO KOEBA...
BAKURISHITA BAKARI GA....
>>
Both would be mind numbingly terrible since you'd have to play all the absolute garbage along the way

I think SNES is less likely to have genuinely unplayable games.

Oh, and you'd have to decide what counts as beating a game; can Color a Dinosaur be beaten? Do you need to just win a series in some sports game, or is there a higher goal? Etc.
>>
For every great game there are ten rightly forgotten turds.

SNES has a bigger library, so going with NES would be less horrible I guess.
>>
There are some seriously shitty (ugly graphics, bad controls, awful sound) SNES games, but overall I'd say the NES library has it worse when it comes to bad:good ratios.
>>
I'd say the Genesis would be more satisfying because it doesn't have babby games or slowdown half the time.
>>
>>3747931
Yo what's the deal with people jerking off over these two so hard lately?
Everyone on my buy sell group are only really fucking with these
>>
>>3748020
>Switch
>>
>>3748020
>Best-selling 8-bit and 16-bit consoles respectively
Gee, I wonder why?
>>
>>3748043
yea but 64 is better
and genesis gets almost no love
>>
>>3747931
Probably SNES.

Just because there was a lot of absolutely unplayable shit on the NES. There is a lot of that on the SNES too, but I think for the most part you'd be better off on the SNES since I think the quality control standards were a bit higher, and things kind of got figured out along the way.

Although you'd have to slog through a lot of floaty as fuck games like Bubsy, so theres that.
>>
>>3747931
>Pick NES
>Have to master piano with the Miracle Piano

No thanks.
>>
I'd just go with playing all games, but even then you're talking a large chunk of time. Too many that have ridiculous difficulty or don't have a win condition.
>>
>>3748065
>64 is better
Not a chance

>genesis gets almost no love
It's the patrician choice. Both the SNES and Genesis are the all time GOAT consoles from any era in my opinion. While you can get Genesis consoles dirt cheap don't let that fool you, the pre-TMSS model 1s that collectors actually want are more on par with SNES prices. Learn how to tell those apart from the stinkers.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2017/01/sega-genesis-is-stinker-really-that-bad.html

As annoying as it is that most Genesis consoles are hot garbage it's nice at the same time because it keeps the Nintendrone plebs out and keeps game prices low.
>>
>>3748071
>Not wanting to learn the piano
C'mon famalam.
>>
>>3747931
NES most definitely has games you can not beat because glitches or just bad design.
No idea about the SNES though.
>>
>>3748079
See this is what i'm talking about, 64 was considered GOAT for the longest time
now everyone only wants to play super nintendo
>>
>>3748115
A lot of people who only lived in that era and were way into it instead of playstation are starting to get into it again. It's pretty poorly regarded among people on this board and probably a lot of other places for it's limited library and lack of variety.
>>
>>3748115
I'm in the mindset of taking beautiful pixels over ugly, early polygons.
Not to mention everything back then that was 2D HAD to become 3D, some franchises faired better than others. But look at Castlevania, who prefers 64 over SoTN?
>>
>>3748065
the n64 has like 40 games in a favorable estimate. Maybe 15 or 20 realistically. It's not a good system, it's the worst of its generation.

>>3748124
N64 was a mistake, but many cases of early 3D still stand up wonderfully. Panzer Dragoon for example.
>>
>>3748132
>it's the best of its generation
There fixed that for you
>>
>>3748132
I need that scene from Jurassic Park where Dr. Malcolm is talking to Hammond about whether or not they should have made dinosaurs shooped into consumers talking to Nintendo/Sony/Sega about making early 3D games.
>>
>>3747931
SNES: far few fundamentally broken releases.
>>
>>3747931
All? Some of those games were broken as hell. You would need to modify that list in order to make it comparable with NES
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (201KB, 1472x918px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
201KB, 1472x918px
>>3748071
Both systems had Miracle Piano cartridges.
Both also had games that required an exercise bike.
>>
>>3748676
SNES*
>>
Why would you want to bother yourself with this anyway? Most games released from any year aren't worth the time and you'd be wasting your time playing bad games for the rest of your life. A goal of playing all the highlights from the NES or SNES sounds a lot more reasonable and worthy and you can probably fit both systems into that goal.
>>
>>3748068
Bubsy is cool, don't diss my Bubsy pls
>>
>>3748071
I had this fucking cartridge. With the fucking keyboard.

It was the only NES "game" my parents would allow me to "play". Anything else induced rage from my father (and he could be quite violent). He really really wanted me to learn piano instead of wasting my time with silly games. And he watched me every time. And the slightest mistake elicited bad comments. That was the entirety of my NES experience.

Needless to say, I now hate both NES and the piano.
>>
>>3748071

there's Miracle Piano on SNES too. It has even more songs/lessons/stages than the NES version..
>>
>>3749639
>muh Sega vs Nintendo feud

Is this a 1993 elementary school? Are you still angry because you didn't have both consoles and were stuck with Mario instead of Streets of Rage, the superior port of Mortal Kombat and the Thunderforce series? Neck yourself my man.
>>
File: 1473070362849.jpg (79KB, 960x645px) Image search: [Google]
1473070362849.jpg
79KB, 960x645px
>>3747931
SNES by no short measure. NES games are generally good but most exist in a fog of development where they weren't exactly sure what makes games good or fun. Many of the early/obscure titles are barely what I would consider artificial difficult due to the sheer volume, randomness and excess of enemy movement and spawn patterns.
>>
I'm willing to wager that the NES had a lot more shovelware, and unplayable shovelware at that.
>>
>>3749452
Maybe you should try hating your father.
>>
>>3749873
Nah, he did his best given the circumstances and I was a Sega boy btw.
>>
>>3747931
The most challenging would be the NES
The most rewarding would be the SNES
>>
File: AutismTheMusical.jpg (30KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
AutismTheMusical.jpg
30KB, 300x254px
>>3747931

Why would you play every game on a platform to completion? That would be like listening to every song released in 2001 versus every song released in 2004. You're going to have to slough through a ton of banal shit to find the enjoyable games.

Just play the whole library in emulation for both, finish the ones you like.
>>
caring about quantity of games beaten is for memelords, just play whatever you feel like playing
>>
>>3748124
>ugly
N64 graphics are beautiful
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
You guys haven't heard of Nesmania? The Mexican Runner is finishing all the NES games. He's satisfied when he gets a game over screen at the end of a game, doesn't matter what difficulty. A good chunk of the games have been beaten spoiler free as well and I'd presume that it's all still saved on twitch (he has a youtube channel you can google as well)

So far at game 696/714, so he's almost done. And yes, so far it includes both Ikari Warriors and Miracle Piano (all songs). He's a real champion.

TheMexicanRunner on both youtube and twitch
>>
>>3747931
SNES, easily, unless you're masochistic and want to experience Nintendo Hard. Donkey Kong Country is imo one of the greatest games ever made, even withstanding the test of time, and I don't think that can be said of any title for the NES. Virtually anything out on the NES was improved for the SNES.

As many others have pointed out, there were a LOT of shitty games for both consoles, and there's no need to force yourself to play through them... I'd say use the popcorn rule: quit when you stop making progress every hour or two.

>>3749847
Beautifully said. Another point in that vein is that the 8-bit graphics were really limiting, and there were lots of times where the players would have trouble interpreting what they were seeing. Sometimes what seemed obvious to the devs didn't make sense to players (esp. when you go from Japan to USA) and that turns into artificial difficulty.
>>
>>3748009
Except 1/3 of the time you would be playing sports games. Fun...
>>
>>3750992

>Game 699
>Wheel of Fortune

Pretty cool project, never heard of anything like it before
>>
>>3747931
Probably SNES because beating every NES game would make you a ZEN MASTER
>>
>>3747931
Few people are doing on twitch.
>>3750992 will soon finish all licenced NES games ( no japanese only games). He has had a lot of dedication, patience and time for doing the whole project in three years. currently he is at 702

For SNES the most advanced is absnerdity with 483 games beaten. Unlike the previous guy he also includes fan translations (but not untranslated games).

There are few who have tried this but most will give up before they reach 300 games. Snes seem the most pupular cosole for these kind of projects. There are others in the retro channel doing the same with different consoles. Sadly there is no streamer with enough japanese skill and dedication to do this kind of projects for japanese games.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.