[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of these sections of Hyrule Field?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

What was the point of these sections of Hyrule Field?
>>
Trees are good for recycling oxygen and shit.
>>
Top has a secret next to tree by the river as well as a hidden fairy fountain if you explore across the river.

The bottom was just there for a Big Poe. The trees are intimidating to you and stop Epona so it's probably the hardest of the ten.
>>
File: R-3754389-1343361952-3367.jpeg.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-3754389-1343361952-3367.jpeg.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>3746583
To weed out the shitty golfers
>>
The bottom was probably a path to another land that was removed due to time constraints.

It is confirmed that the game was going to feature two temples more.
>>
Hyrule field was clearly rushed, it's empty af
>>
>>3746583

spoopy helicopter plant thing
>>
>>3746640
It's the hub and was made to make the world feel large and open, compared to Mario 64.

I'm not sure how much more Nintendo could cram into Hyrule Field without running into memory issues.
>>
>>3746618
That's Wind Waker you're thinking of.
>>
They were places of secrets.

>>3746875
Not him, but there really should have been enemies in the adult hyrule field.
>>
The most thrilling and stressful part of the whole game was walking out onto Hyrule field the first time and rolling your way to Hyrule Town to try and reach it before sundown.
>>
>>3746884
Nope, OoT https://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/16/zelda64-project-development/
>>
Hyrule Field is a good example of barren as fuck. ALttP did such a better job. I'm sure they would've never done as good to that extent but imagine how it would be if it was actually investful. It looks nice when in game mostly but it would've been so better.
>>
>>3746962
>>3746640
Hyrule is only empty if you have no imagination.

I always wonder how many wars were fought that make up all those Stalchilds, and why they never appear appear if you're on the road. Or what those giant walls are, or what the delta with the Big Fairy is for.

Ok, it's empty, but it's at least interesting. Every Peahat in the field has different behavior for example. They could have been lazy and just made everything the same or only made enemies for the nighttime. For the time, OoT was pretty kino, given that the field is just a hub. It's like complaining that the castle in Mario is empty. Could have been a level select, but that wouldn't have been as fun.
>>
>>3746949
Whoa, interesting.
>>
>>3746618

Considering flashcarts have 64DD functionality now I'd love to see a hack that attempts to restore some of the Zelda URA features along with a couple new temples. Probably a few years off as the scene is still pretty emulator-based but it'd be cool.
>>
>>3746640
Fields tend to be empty. When they're filled with, say, trees, or towns, or racetracks, they stop being fields.
>>
>>3747652
fields can be investful. The field itself could've only been from the red line from op's pic and above with the river leading to Kakariko and Zora's river. Maybe a little more possibly like the trail leading to Lon Lon Ranch.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.