[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Contra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: s-l640.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
s-l640.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>Super C was released on the Wii, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console and even the goddamn NES Mini
>Contra III was also released on the Wii and Wii U
>Even the shitty MSX2 version of Contra was available in Japan on Wii and Wii U
>The iconic NES version of the first game that people are actually nostalgic for wasn't.
Was there any reason why Konami never released the original NES Contra on Nintendo's downloadable services? I heard it might have something to do with the Famicom version using a special mapper, but that wasn't an issue with Salamander and Gradius II apparently, which used similar mappers. Another speculation is the fact that Bill and Lance looked way too much like Arnie and Sly on the title screen, but that's not something that couldn't be fixed with a simple redrawing.
>inb4 paying for ROMs
I already have the ROMs for every regional version, I'm just genuinely curious why Konami hasn't re-released one of their most iconic games on modern platforms.
>>
>>3746035
ms has it in their grip
>>
File: img_11_m.jpg (69KB, 425x536px) Image search: [Google]
img_11_m.jpg
69KB, 425x536px
>>3746319
I don't think so. Xbox 360 only had the arcade version of Contra (which was also on a Nintendo DS compilation) and that's now on PS4 too.
http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/contra.htm
>>
>>3746357
Nintendo could have the power to block the NES version from getting released elsewhere. Microsoft could have exclusivity rights to contra 1 for the Xbox arcade, banning it from any competitors.

Well, probably not exactly, because that would have allowed a loophole for contra to be on the NES mini, assuming nintendo didn't get lazy, which wouldn't make sense cause it's just a rom.
>>
File: orbschematic.jpg (36KB, 587x562px) Image search: [Google]
orbschematic.jpg
36KB, 587x562px
>>3746319
What's a "Time Machince"?
>>
>>3746440
Except MS never had any exclusivity agreement for Contra. They only had the Arcade Contra on Xbox 360 and that was also on PS4, PS2, and Nintendo DS.

It's the NES version that never got re-released (except for its inclusion in Contra 4 on DS).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.