[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is he our guy /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

is he our guy /vr/?
>>
No, /vr/ is a Nintendo site.
>>
>>3745348
Nah, Nintendo babies just make the most noise. They think they're being funny when they post the "fart" meme over and over again while the actual collectors know about the differences between Genesis variants and the pros and cons of distortion or lack thereof on the fm chips. I pity children like you that wandered in from the /vg/ emulation thread.
>>
>>3745357
That's all cool and all, but GEMS is a horrible sound font.
>>
>>3745357
I wholeheartedly believe that creating a /nintendo/ board would literally improve the quality of both /v/ and /vr/.
>>
>>3745359
I much prefer the harsh sounds of the Genesis to the boring SNES that sounds like midi files being played back on my grandma's IBM Aptiva. Both consoles have their great musical moments and I'm not going to be a complete faggot and discount one over the other like a console warring waste of space who doesn't belong on this board take a hint you worthless unwanted trash, Google the alt suicide holiday faq, you'll never be one of us no matter how much posturing you do.

The 16 bit era was the best. Both consoles kicked serious ass. If you can't appreciate both you are in the wrong place.
>>
>>3745367
>The 16 bit era was the best. Both consoles kicked serious ass. If you can't appreciate both you are in the wrong place.
I got called an idort for saying this once but it's true, both of those consoles were GOAT.

Plus none of us are in grade school anymore (let's be honest here), there's no need to pick sides or shit when we all have jobs or at least welfare and can all just buy both or emulate and experience the amazing games put out on both platforms.
>>
>>3745363
noone would talk here.
>>
>>3745383
Yeah, I would say forcing you to hate one and love the other would be like telling you that you can't enjoy both David Bowie and Iggy and The Stooges. Very different sound coming out of both of them, one a lot more cleaner... The SNES has much better SFX and the use of PCM sampled drums often leads to awesome things. The Genesis has that distorted synth guitar sound that just can't be matched. I grew up a Sega fan and still have a bit of bias toward them but I have learned to seriously appreciate both. Especially since I took a liking to JRPGs.
>>
Re hashing an early 90s marketing battle instead of looking back on the greatest era this industry has ever given us with great affection is the biggest mistake any retro gamer can make.
>>
>>3745408
Yeah, Americucks always do that shit by ignoring the European home computer scene.
>>
>>3745415
>European home computer scene
It sounds like a load of crap
>>
>>3745415
>Americucks always do that shit by ignoring the European home computer scene.
If the European computer scene was so great why did nothing of value come from it? Why didn't it expand into the US or Japan?

I know you guys all have Turrican branded dildos but seriously- there's a reason your crappy home computers are at best a footnote and were quickly swept under the rug in favor of x86 processors and MS-DOS. I say this as someone who absolutely loves the PC-98 to bits, no one gives a fuck about the Amiga for a reason, admit it and move on.
>>
>>3745442
If Japanese computers are so great why are they using Windows and Apples?
>>
File: 13872204681325.png (190KB, 406x452px) Image search: [Google]
13872204681325.png
190KB, 406x452px
>>3745357
>He thinks the farting is a meme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqGyPdul86s
>>
>>3745456
Sounds like a TR-303. It's dope as fuck. You have shit taste.
>>
>>3745460
/mu/ is that you?
>>
>>3745462
Yup. Also correction, TB-303.
>>
>picture of some faggot with tumblr hair in the fucking 90s
>somehow, thread instantly transforms into a Sega vs Nintendo shitposting thread

You people are sad. Well, it's not your fault your parents couldn't afford both systems when you were younger, but still.
>>
>>3745347
Literally who?
>>
File: 1294718549169.jpg (10KB, 241x272px) Image search: [Google]
1294718549169.jpg
10KB, 241x272px
>>3745363
I agree, make /sony/, /microsoft/, /nec/ and /amiga/ while you're at it.
>>
>>3745415
Aren't you that fag who keeps claiming europe had the best retro games?
>>
>>3745347
Who's the guy in the pic? Judging from the bandannas, jacket, hair color, SFII, anime posters, my guess would be a photo of young HappyConsoleGamer but I really don't know any better.
>>
>>3745887
I'm 99.9% sure that's the happy console gamer
>>
>>3746093
I assumed as much, but I wasn't too sure.
>>
File: 1288095930245.png (125KB, 581x545px) Image search: [Google]
1288095930245.png
125KB, 581x545px
>>3745348
>>3745357

>mfw these two retards assumed the guy in the pic was some kind of Sega messiah from the 90s, but it just turned out to be a youtuber faggot who also, in fact, loves Nintendo.
>>
>>3745347
What kind of Street Fighter II posters were that?
>>
>>3746150
Looks like clips from magazines or a guide taped into a white cardboard.
>>
>>3745885
What kind of spoiled...
>>
>>3746189
>enjoying more vidya
>spoiled

Spoiled are the brats who download full ROM sets and play only 4 minutes each and call them all shit.
>>
>>3745359

>sound font
>>
>>3745347
No thats a fucking leaf aka canadian cuck.
>>
>>3745357
/v/ and /vr/ to a lesser extent is definitively a nintendo fanclub. Anything anti nintendo gets deleted pretty quickly. Where you can call people a sonygger or shit on sega all day and threads will stay up.
>>
>>3746238
>>3745357
>>3745347

/v/ only deletes threads with NSF stuff or awfully offtopic shit.
/vr/ mods delete shitposting, maybe you only notie when mods delete nintendo shitposting because you only care about your own posts, but I've seen mods deleting anti-sega, anti-PC and anti-treasure shitposting, just to name a few.

Also, we have many dedicated shitposters on /vr/, mods already know them, so they feel more persecuted.
>>
>>3745456
90's cyberpunk as fuck.

Don't care about youtubers. If I'm going to be doing something retro related it's going to be either playing games or researching mods and repairs. I just shitpost here at work.

>that vintage Powell Peralta bones jacket on the other hand...
>>
>>3746358
>I just shitpost here at work.

See you in the weekend, faggot.
>>
>>3745442
for awhile contemporary games with good gameplay were all dumbed down reboots and remakes of speccy and amiga games.

nobody knew because they never played the originals.
>>
>>3745456
this is a pretty sick track.
It sounds like some Ninja Tune shit.
like a coldcut cover of a ministry song.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.