[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Old Nintendo games can cost hundreds of dollars How doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: amazingtater.jpg (555KB, 1514x1600px) Image search: [Google]
amazingtater.jpg
555KB, 1514x1600px
>Old Nintendo games can cost hundreds of dollars

How doesn't this inspire dishonesty in people? Shit, I wouldn't leave a $5 item lying around outside. People will steal anything that isn't tied down.

How do you know if you spend hundreds of dollars on a game that you're not getting a reproduction?
>>
>>3744946
Any expensive game will probably have pictures of the PCB, but for most repros, the shells are a dead giveaway (plastic screws on SNES repros, saying GAME instead of Nintendo Game Boy on GB repros, etc).
>>
A trained eye can tell by the label. An untrained eye can tell by opening it up and seeing an afro-rigged board.
>>
Learn how to analyze things, especially the PCBs. I do predict, though, that as scum make better and better bootlegs, the market will get flooded with legitimate looking carts and some of the fad hoppers might move on. But who knows.

There's even people who bootleg prototypes, which is extremely shitty.
>>
>>3744946
I can usually tell a bootleg by the outside alone.

Things to look for are embossed numbers, how the label was printed, fonts, quality of the plastic, and the pcb color.

Most bootlegs use a less dense plastic than official carts, and they're slightly larger due to how they clone the shells.
>>
>>3744946
people just buy those games BECAUSE they're expensive
lots of times they don't even open the box
status symbol for pathetic virgins
>>
>>3744996

Funny how some of these things have rapidly exploded to their high price points, when just a few years ago a lot of these Mr. Moneybags showoff collectors gave zero shits at all about any of them. The people who are legitimately into old games to the point that they are/were willing to pump meaningful money into them already bought what they wanted before the fad.

Like, seriously, how can you care about showing off your overpriced crap when literally just a couple years ago you didn't care at all about owning it? Unless you are a total newfag, if you're willing to pay several hundred for Little Samson today, why didn't you want to pay sub-$100 for it a handful of years ago?
>>
>>3745009
Little Samson wasn't sub 100 a few years ago.
4 years ago it was going for 700$.
And I remember 6-7 years ago 400$ was a really good deal.
Shit rarely explodes in value. It's a steady progression.
I remember when Samson and bonk were both under 100. It was a long time ago. 15ish years.
Same shit happens back then tho. Always gunna be people that wanna show off/brag/etc.
>>
2 simply things:
check the labels for the numbers in it
check the board for the nintendo logo on the board
>>
>>3745009
Not necessarily true, for example I wanted to collect for a long time but it wasn't until prices went up that it was a now or never mentality. I used to think I could wait until I was retired then start collecting, now I believe that if I don't buy now that I will never be able to.
>>
>>3744946
You don't, at least not with a good "reproduction". With the shittier ones it's very easy. With one actually designed to fool anyone but an amateur bandwagon collector you won't be able to tell without tests you're unable to run.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.