[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is one of the hardest games I have ever tried. Would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: simpsons.jpg (43KB, 1097x729px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons.jpg
43KB, 1097x729px
This is one of the hardest games I have ever tried. Would you agree it's one of the hardest NES games?
>>
It's not hard it's just stupidly designed. The button same as the jump button? Almost no invincibility after getting hit?
>>
No.
Here's your (you).
>>
>>3743282
No because it's Artificial Difficultyâ„¢
>>
>>3743296
okay what are some old games you think are hard with fair difficulty
>>
>>3743284
It was designed for joysticks with one button.
>>
>>3743282
NEVER GOT PAST THE FIRST LEVEL IN THIS FUCK BART
>>
File: megawut.jpg (8KB, 169x125px) Image search: [Google]
megawut.jpg
8KB, 169x125px
>>3743282
I don't really care, the Genesis version is much nicer.

Though personally, I've also grown into having a thing for altered Genesis controls, with a shoulder button used as one of the three buttons.
>>
Pretty easy game though? Bart vs the World was tough
>>
It's not hard.

It's just shit.
>>
>>3743441
I had both as a kid. I could actually beat Bart vs the World but I could never make it passed the third level in Space Mutants. I think I only got that far a handful of times. MY sister made it to the museum stage once, but could figure out how to hit the boss. Only now do I know that there are invisible platforms you're supposed to use.
>>
>>3743361
Don't have a cow, man
>>
i saw that angry video game cuck episode too
>>
>>3743282
Yeah its dildos, the controls are muck
>>
File: son.jpg (11KB, 196x247px) Image search: [Google]
son.jpg
11KB, 196x247px
>>3743690
>game based on an absurdely popular TV series
>released on the most popular video game console as well as ports in many other platforms
>implying people needed AVGN in order to know about it
>still using the "cuck" meme in 2017
>>
>>3744204

cuck detected
>>
>>3744227
SJW degenerate detected.
>>
File: IMG_0811.jpg (75KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0811.jpg
75KB, 640x640px
>>3743282
fuck this game. rented it as a kid and it still makes me mad thinking about it.
>>
>>3743661

I made it to the museum stage on the Amiga version - not sure how different it is to other formats though
>>
>>3745227
Museum is how far me and my friend growing up got.

Stage 1 is fucking NUTS with how you have to play it perfectly to clear it.

And then the rest of the stages are just "Eh, here's a million of the item have fun"
>>
>>3743282

yes

>beat level 1
>level 2 is fucking hard

so much for that shit
>>
>>3743282
>20 posts
>No mention of "Nintendo hard"

The game is difficult, but that is largely due to poor design or "artificial difficulty" as it is sometimes known. Having the "run" and "jump" commands operate under one button, especially in a 2D platformer, is just one example of how the game was poorly designed and, thus, more difficult than it should have otherwise been. Add to that the somewhat obscure puzzle elements as to how to solve each level, and the game feels almost impossible at times.

If you take the time to learn the solution to the levels, however, and master the confusing controls, it's not that difficult.
>>
>>3744245
same

I rented it from West Coast video thinking it would be the greatest but it just sucked balls
>>
>>3745269
Back in the day I never knew you had to do stuff perfect because it was all trial and error back then. Of course there were guide books and stuff but most games you just played and played until you got good at the controls.
>>
>>3744245
i was on a vacation in St Thomas during a hurricane and this was the only game i had.

i fucking mastered that shit.
>>
>>3743282
To this day I've never gotten past the museum. I still remember the day I finally beat the first stage and got to the mall. It was like a whole other fucking game.
>>
I don't remember it being that hard. I mean I couldn't even beat super mario bros 3 as a kid and I beat Space Mutants.

There's only 4 stages and they're short enough so you just memorize everything. Museum level is the hardest because there's some tight jumps and crocodiles and I just beat the power plant on my first try. It's not more than 30 minutes from start to end.
>>
>>3746821
>There's only 4 stages

pretty sure there's 5
>>
>>3745227
That makes use of only one button, doesn't it?
>>3745269
So ... why shouldn't people just play the Genesis version? Shouldn't that be the ultimate judgement of the quality and earnest-difficulty of this game? (unless there's something wrong with that version too)
>>
That fucking jumping section in Egypt is some of the worst fucking shit I've ever played.
>>
damn had this game growing up and it haunted me and my brother that we couldn't put a dent in it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.