[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some older games that let you choose your own route?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: route.jpg (83KB, 770x1024px) Image search: [Google]
route.jpg
83KB, 770x1024px
What are some older games that let you choose your own route? or choose your own story path
>>
Uncharted Waters: New Horizons has a fame system that implements most of the story events and objectives organically as the corresponding fame stat for your character rises. If you're a pirate you destroy fleets, if you're an adventurer you explore, and if you're a trader you invest in ports. It gives a lot of freedom, even to the point where you can defect to an enemy country, which will often make the game unbeatable.
>>
>>3742913
In Dragon Spirit on the NES, you can play as either the gold dragon (easy mode) or blue dragon (normal mode). The gold dragon has 6 HP instead of 3 HP, and rapid fire is always active. But the gold dragon skips certain stages, and you get a lame ending.

If you die in the intro stage, you land on the gold dragon route. If not, blue dragon route.
>>
File: Star_Fox_64_Planet_Map.png (402KB, 594x395px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Fox_64_Planet_Map.png
402KB, 594x395px
>>3742913

StarFox 64
>>
>>3742913
Fallout 2 had bunch of difftrent endings based on what you chose to do in each location.
>>
File: GA3.png (294KB, 479x290px) Image search: [Google]
GA3.png
294KB, 479x290px
Golden Axe III has stages with branched paths and you can choose between 2 other short stages when you finish them.
>>
>>3742913
>contra hard corps
it has 3 different endings i believe
>>
File: fc1JsMd[1].png (8KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
fc1JsMd[1].png
8KB, 256x224px
>>3742913
Romancing Saga is a good example of an early open world game and character development.
>>
File: 1340519348645.jpg (253KB, 830x479px) Image search: [Google]
1340519348645.jpg
253KB, 830x479px
>>3743831
It actually has 5 endings based on your two choices or the secret ending.
King of dragon pass is amazing for choosing your own shit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.