[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gameboy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: gbaspzelda.jpg (27KB, 450x272px) Image search: [Google]
gbaspzelda.jpg
27KB, 450x272px
Is pic related the best way to play original GB and GB color games?
>>
File: GBA SPs.jpg (51KB, 1129x635px) Image search: [Google]
GBA SPs.jpg
51KB, 1129x635px
Yes, up until today I've always used my gba sp from 2003, but went to a thrift store and found a ags-101 model with the brighter screen and holllly shit its so amazing. Pic related, my 2 gba's.
>>
>>3742778
Yeah, you can play any Game Boy cartridge.

The best feature is the brightess and battery life.
>>
>>3742783
I still prefer the older model for GB/GBC, I don't know, the colors look too saturated on the 101.

I only use my AGS-101 for gba
>>
>>3742783
I use my old SP (non-101) mainly for playing in bed. The low brightness makes it a lot less painful to look at in darkness.
>>
>>3742798
Hmm that's not a bad idea, the green looks so neon. GBA games will make sense cause tis gba sp is like barely used, the shoulder buttons on my non-101 sp is kinda eh.
>>
>>3742810
wear sunglasses
>>
>>3742778
No. A non zelda one works better.
>>
>>3742990

Has to be Zelda for that retro feel
>>
>>3743159
>Has to be Zelda for that hipster feel
FTFY
>>
SGB2 gets my vote. Comfy AF.
>>
>>3742778
No. The colors are all fucked up when you play GBC games on a GBA.
>>
>>3743730
They're not, but okay.
>>
Gamecube GBA player with component cables.
>>
>>3743553
I'd agree with you if it played GBC games, but it doesn't.
>>
>>3743753
>>3743730
Due to the GBC's dark screen, the colors had to be oversaturated for anyone to see anything. So when played on a backlit system, the colors appear incredibly saturated. This is the same thing with the first two GBA Casltevanias. The first one was too dark to be viewed properly on the original GBA, and the second one was designed around it, so you have it too vivid to play on a backlit system.
>>
>>3743765
>Due to the GBC's dark screen
GBC's screen wasn't dark at all. That's the original GBA you're thinking of. I always found GBC's screen to be quite pleasant, even with just ambient light.
>>
>>3743765
>Due to the GBC's dark screen, the colors had to be oversaturated for anyone to see anything.

I am sure if Nintendo actually tried they could have put in some sort of filter or brightness option that would make GBC games look good on a GBA screen. The result is really bad, and it sucks because GBA should be perfect for it. Regardless whether you use the backlight or not, GBC games look terrible on it.
>>
>>3743753
Have you ever once looked at a GBC game running side by side on a GBC and a GBA? The colors are significantly different.
>>
>>3743730
play with the backlight on low and they look fine
>>
>>3743904
No they absolutely do not.
>>
AGS-101 for GB, GB/C, and GBC. DS Lite for GBA. New 3DS XL for DS, DSI, and 3DS.
>>
>>3742867
Kek
>>
>>3743756
It plays the black GBC games.
>>
>>3743553
Why SGB2 and not just the SGB? Unless you're doing multiplayer stuff, there really isn't a difference. Also saying it is the best way is just objectively wrong since it can't play GBC games.
>>
>>3744129
In other words, GB games. They have pallets for GB but use none of the hardware differences to its advantage outside of that so that it can be played on a regular GB. Stick it in your old GB and see what I mean.
>>
>>3744162
pallets for the GBC*
>>
>>3744160
OG SGB had a slower clock speed, SGB2 was cycle accurate.
>>
>>3743754
This. The 2nd mortgage payments aren't too bad after all.
>>
>>3745139
Cloned quite a while ago and now an off the shelf $50 mod. lol.
>>
Was this the last good Nintendo handheld?
>>
>>3746282
The DS was pretty good, and the 3DS was also pretty good, although Nintendo fucked up by not making enough games, and adding dumb shit like paid themes.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.