[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easiest Retro Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

There's much ado about the hardest games ever, but what about the easiest ones, ones you play to simply relax and have a fun time?
>>
I like some of the old pc city builders. I've been playing caesar 3 and pharaoh a lot lately.
>>
Rhapsody is nearly impossible to lose without trying but it's still worth playing for the story and cheesy musical numbers.
>>
Kirby's Dreamland may not be the easiest game on the system but it's difficulty is so low that it's almost hard to enjoy the game due to its lack of challenge.
>>
>>
>>3741626
Hey op I know this trick to make ANY retro game the easiest. Simply emulate and use save states. You can also save your progress in games that didn't otherwise allow you to or that didn't have a password feature. If you ever get stuck, just google what you need to do to proceed!
>>
>>3741782
*Starts to vomit*
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>3741721
Not counting hard mode. Althought even then, it's still fair, you just can't plow through everything.
>>
File: world-illusion.jpg (328KB, 666x456px) Image search: [Google]
world-illusion.jpg
328KB, 666x456px
Super Mario World: Tubular and Outrageous are the hardest stages if you don't know their gimmicks.

Sonic 1: The Labyrinth Zone "boss" is the hardest thing here and nothing more.

World of Illusion: Easy from the beginning to the end. Pete looks tough but his boss battle is a piece of cake.
>>
>>3741782
kill yourself loser

and never offer this "trick" again
>>
>>3744651
I'll offer it again and again and there is nothing you can do to stop me shithead
>>
>>3744868
This wasn't actually me by the way
>>
>>
File: Little_Mermaid_game_cover.jpg (49KB, 256x366px) Image search: [Google]
Little_Mermaid_game_cover.jpg
49KB, 256x366px
I just wanted to quickly check out what this game was like but I accidentally finished it in about 15 minutes.
>>
>>3741741
This is actually pretty tough. The sequels are much easier.
>>
File: Felix the Cat (U).png (3KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Felix the Cat (U).png
3KB, 256x240px
>>3745296
Also Felix The Cat.

>>3744881
However i'd say CnD has its difficulty spikes compared to those two.
>>
>>3741626
That are worth playing?

The Capcom Disney platformers on the SNES.
>>
File: dynamitedux-sms.jpg (179KB, 754x1045px) Image search: [Google]
dynamitedux-sms.jpg
179KB, 754x1045px
>>
>>3741782
>be me
>15 years ago
>use genesis emulator
>play kid chameleon
>save state the fuck out of it
>takes me over a month

Kid Chameleon is huge and ridiculously hard, even with save states.
>>
File: 823screenshot2[1].png (21KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
823screenshot2[1].png
21KB, 256x224px
>>3741626
Glory of Heracles IV is fun and easy.
>>
>>3741626

Lode Runner Championship NES
>>
>>3741626

Doom 1

> literally the only real dangerous thing in the game are damaging liquid pools, and sergeants because of hitscans

> both of the bosses are easy to deal with, the cyber only messes you up if you're dodging next to walls, and there's a place to take cover against the spider

> the only hard level in the game is E3M4
>>
>>3746245

Furthermore I will expand to say
Quake 2

> while the enemies are accurate and pretty much guarantee youll take damage, there's enough health and armor around to make up for it and if you have proper Initiative they dont get much of a chance

> most of the bosses are remarkably easy, the only one that might be classed as challenging is the Tread Tank at (the computer complex?)

> everything above the Shotgun is an absolute destroyer of enemies and even the SSG is useful against bosses, but the Chaingun destroys everything

there are some hazards and the Parasites are demon spiders, but other than common sense stuff and not lolligagging around its not that harsh of a game

> and its wonderfully aesthetic in a grunge way that is still attractive, lots of map architecture to peruse and explore, with monsters and danger a sidenote
>>
>>3741741
Jumping on that falling leafes
>>
>>3745303

if you play on hardest difficulty from the beginning it's mildly challenging I guess., I agree the sequels are easier.., like almost too easy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.