[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw AGDQ is happening and there's not a single speedrunning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 9

File: paul.jpg (256KB, 568x750px) Image search: [Google]
paul.jpg
256KB, 568x750px
>mfw AGDQ is happening and there's not a single speedrunning thread in sight
>>
>>3736398
Agreed
>>
>>3736398
Came here to post this.
>>
>>3736398
Speedrunning is fine, AGDQ however is fucking cancer.
>>
File: 1433443008-dano-wilson.jpg (182KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
1433443008-dano-wilson.jpg
182KB, 1400x700px
fuck off brian wilson
>>
>>3736481
Nah, speedrunning itself is cancer. QED even after ignoring AGDQ, there's no speedrunning groups/organizations that aren't awful.
>>
>>3736496
Then don't look at groups, look at individuals
>>
I liked speedrunning better when it was just people recording their runs and uploading them to speeddemosarchive. No stupid donation culture, no stupid personalities that I have to acknowledge, no awful memes saturating the community
>>
>>3736524
Okay. Now all I see are autists.
>>
Are there Games Done Normal groups which I could join? Where people can watch me play Super Metroid and take 2 hours just to get through Brinstar because damn it, I like to take my time and explore.
>>
>>3736398
This. There's nothing more intolerable than a bunch of nappy-haired virgin speedrunners who end every sentence with an upward inflection, and say stupid shit like "manipulate the enemy's health", and act like they're above the actual makers of the game because they figured out a couple of glitches.
>>
>>3736607
>here we apply my patented timing glitch to beat the games intended path
>>
>>3736607
if you spent any reasonable amount of time with a game you'd know you can manipulate almost everything about some of those older games, rng is actually random etc, you can abuse seeds and step counts, this shit is all basic and easy to understand, if anything you purists are the autists kek, and you are probably projecting.

Besides, speedruns seems to be such an arbitrary thing to be angry about
>>
>>3736625
>you purests
>projecting

Pick one.
>>
Personally I'm impressed by speedruns, mostly because I know I can't do this myself.
>>
>>3736565

You mean...a let's play?
>>
>so here's a trick that goes out of bounds and skips the next 2 hours of gameplay
>lol good game, right?
Cancer.
>>
gets boring with time
>>
File: SuperMetroidMapNorfair.png (4MB, 9216x4656px) Image search: [Google]
SuperMetroidMapNorfair.png
4MB, 9216x4656px
Super Metroid speedruns are neat.
>>
>>3736386
The majority of speedruns are bullshit. Filled with unreasonable exploits that show little to no skill.
>>
>>3736625
>if you spent any reasonable amount of time with a game you'd know you can manipulate almost everything about some of those older games, rng is actually random etc, you can abuse seeds and step counts

Except no they probably wouldn't because normal people never, ever notice this type of shit. This is exclusively the dominion of Rain Man types with too much free time on their hands. Protip: If you've ever manipulated an RNG, you're on the spectrum.
>>
I just want to watch Zoast
>>
>Casuals who hear "speed running" and think of youtube personalities instead of playing games

Retards, the lot of ya
>>
File: 1449635021323.png (84KB, 155x197px) Image search: [Google]
1449635021323.png
84KB, 155x197px
>>3736398
This

End thread.
>>
Why does /vr/ hate speedrunning or GDQ so much?

At least they're getting money for a good cause while we're in our basements just hating.

I fail to see how all this is hate worthy.
>>
>>3736549
Implying you aren't one being here hating on people you don't know
>>
>>3737762
It takes skill to hit those exploits, and it also takes skill to get to them in a reasonably speedy manner to take advantage of them. Some tricks only save a few a seconds and if you fail them it costs you more time than it saves. There's a lot more that goes into these than you want to admit.
>>
File: 1473981790836.jpg (435KB, 1237x836px) Image search: [Google]
1473981790836.jpg
435KB, 1237x836px
>>3737867
Beats me.
Think a lot of people see it purely as e-celeb twitch shit.

I enjoy them because I get to see games done in a way that I may not be familiar with, see some neat bugs, and maybe learn a few new tricks.
Been quite a few times I saw something in a speedrun that made me go "shit, I need to try that" and gave me a new reason to revisit a title.

Sure there is e-drama with people, but thats ANY shit where people have their face online. I can ignore that angle because I'm not a giant fucking artist.
>>
>>3737867
hating speedrunning is "i'm better than those autists" sort of deal
people like to "overlook" the effort that goes into learning these things and keeping a consistently good style, as >>3737883 mentioned
they've seen one terrible run steered by an autist or one cringe compilation and built their opinion on the subject on it

most of the time gdq gets hate for an identical reason, but people who are not averse towards speedrunning tend to agree that gdq just became much more sterile over the years due to continued attempts to appeal to wider crowds and sponsors
some also say the foundations that get money from gdq don't actually do jack
>>
>>3736547
>shoutouts to wetduck69
>Fucks up because talking during a speedrun.
>Literally no idea who any one of these shoutouts are meant for.
>>
I like watching speedruns, there's alot of autism in the community, but there are also some great runners that are really entertaining (Bad Brakes, TMR, PJ, Big Jon, Feasel)
>>
>>3737867
/v/irgins hate everything that give other people joy.
>>
>>3736607
That shit is so annoying, it just prove that the fuckers just play low skill ceiling games that they don't even need to be 100% focused to run
>>
AGDQ tends to get worse every year but there have been a few standout runs this time.

There's nothing innately wrong with speedrunning. However, I find that it gets boring to see some games all get played the same way with no room for improvisation or style--not all games, just some. I'd much rather watch a skillful 1CC in those cases. The bizarre streaming culture that has popped up around it is also a turn off.
>>
classic thread.
>>
>le everyone has to be PC now
>le so randumb donation messages
>le games everyone's already seen 500 times

Why do people watch this shit, again..? Sage.
>>
File: 1436747949230.jpg (5KB, 212x249px) Image search: [Google]
1436747949230.jpg
5KB, 212x249px
I miss YSG
>>
>>3738746
>le everyone has to be PC now

Huh? What the fuck are you memeing about?
>>
>>3736481
No, AGDQ fights cancer and kills the animals.
>>
>>3736386
>do a test-run to see if speedrunning a relatively obscure game would be worthwhile
>overall do quite well, but beyond a few gaffes can't see anything that would cut my time by more than 5 minutes.
>World record is 10 minutes better, I'm second.
>Nobody cares about PBs so I might as well be 90th
>>
I could like it better if they didn't settle on a retard name

I mean seriously "Done Quick"?
>>
>>3739315
>AGDQ fights cancer

To horribly and loosely reference a Youtube comment (oh, the irony), they also allow twitch chat.
>>
>>3739501
the name comes from this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7HWk1QIWyA
>>
>>3739295
as in politically correct, not as in personal computer.
>>
>>3736549
>>>/v/
>>
>>3736386
Classic
>>
>>3737776
>Being so autistic you actually watch some nerd play video games for hours on end over and over again for months
>>
>>3737871
>ur just a hater u dont know them
ok

>>3737867
>At least they're getting money for a good cause while we're in our basements just hating.
See above

When the fuck did this myspace tier rebuttal become seriously used again?

>>3737867
It became hated because for the majority of people it stopped being about watching a game being done fast and more about who's playing the game, which falls into ecelebrity garbage, which is /vg/ material not /vr/
>>
>>3739983
What's PC about AGDQ?

Or are you just an easily-triggered Trumpcuck who makes it a point to get angry about everything?
>>
>>3740347
Not him, but I can already read you getting triggered
>>
Why don't people like gdq hmm
>Not about speedrunning anymore
>We all look at the e-celebs
>E-celebs camera/face cam shit is just as big or bigger than the gameplay window
>Thanks to this every speedrunner is a narsisitic cunt
>This was cool a few years ago, at this point we're watching literally identical runs with maybe one step or two different that cut down milliseconds to seconds.
>When you realize that the best someone can hope for are milliseconds and UP TO A SECOND WOAH off the time because all the glitches have been discovered already
>the unbeatable Loz oot speedrun is done by the literal embodiment of everything wrong with speedrunning (Narcissism, donation culture, give money pwease, im an e celeb,ecelebs don't have to make content, just pay me)
>T
>>
>>3740517
I've watched GDQ for only a few years and I don't understand a lot of your points.

>Not about speedrunning any more
All I see is many games being speed run in the schedule, with some interviews in between. Lots of obscure games that I have never seen run before at GDQ each year too.

>We all look at the e-celebs
>E-celebs camer/face cam shit is just as big or bigger than the gameplay window
When? Where? Screenshots outside of a few rare occasions? I can't even name any e-celebs other than Trihex and Cosmo because I don't let this stuff bother me or take much notice. Spike Vegeta or whatever his name is? The announcers? Don't be so pedantic, because you seem to be exaggerating.

You have to be a special kind of autistic retard to chimp out over a bunch of cringey and shy nerds coming together to raise money for charity. I hope my life doesn't reach a stage where I am as jaded and disgruntled about really petty and insignificant things like some of you posting in this thread.
>>
>>3740517
>all the glitches have been discovered already

Things That Aren't True: The Post
>>
File: pol starter kit.png (24KB, 875x700px) Image search: [Google]
pol starter kit.png
24KB, 875x700px
>mfw everyone in this thread is talking about e-celebs

>I watch speedruns occasionally and I couldn't remember any of the speedrunners' names if my life depended on it

>There's a Super Metroid runner whose name starts with a Z, I think.

You don't have to pay attention to e-celeb shit if you don't want to. Stop being a bunch of memelords.
>>
Have mixed opinions on it, like the SDA community but GDQ is losing its appeal. Still a good cause I guess.

You can talk about depressing cancer and illnesses all day endlessly, but you freak out if someone says "shit"?

Fuck you.
>>
>>3736386
No it isn't. It's an empty, disconnected channel like always. Nice ruse. Fell for it earlier in the week too but like now it was offline with no one in the chat.
>>
>>3740517
Your male declension of the word NARCISSA is an act of violence by intentionally misgendering her. Fascist.
>>
>>3740347
I'm as anti-/pol/ and as PC as you can find on 4chan, I just made it clear to the guy.
>>
Fucking kids and their "e-celebs problem". It's not AGDQ's problem, it's your problem. Your celebrity mentality and the fact that your pathetic brain focuses on the small pictures of them and random names people naturally put um.

I watched quite a lot of AGDQ and there's not a single person I recognized and not a single person whose name was familiar to me.

So it's definitely not e-celebs. Or maybe I'm just not a YouTube watching kid like you are.

Also, why people who are good at games wouldn't be known, and of course there would be people who are good at games at an event where games being finished quickly.
>>
>>3740347
Look up the people who've been banned before you post, retard.
>>
>>3740676
Tried to avoid naming it.
It doesn't deserve to be called by name at this point
>>
>>3740557
>I dont know any speedrunners
>That means no one else does
I hope I don't ever become so self centered that I believe that if I don't know something, no one else does.
>>
>>3740347
Can you stop?
>>
>>3741261
well nigger it was your choice getting involved with e-drama
>>
>>3741058
What were they banned for?
>>
>>3741561
One guy was banned for saying "fuck" and "shit" more than once.

And that was back in 2013, I can't imagine how bad it must be now.
>>
>>3736549
Werster is our guy though, and he also hates GDQ
>>
>>3741708
was just watching a video on it. Needless to say, GDQ's events have been more about preserving the appearance of the organization rather than actually funding charity and you know, playing fucking video games. Seems like this guy covered the past events well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_yLhHfc3i4

GDQ is pozzed and fucking dead.
>>
no damage runs > speedruns
>>
>>3741820
That's 2 guys then. Since I was talking about someone else.
>>
File: 1471841426020.jpg (154KB, 351x390px) Image search: [Google]
1471841426020.jpg
154KB, 351x390px
>>3737867
>for a good cause
>>
>>3741708
That's has nothing to do with political correctness.
>>
>>3742102
Yes it does.

Political correctness was a thing before the internet made it synonymous with cucking and feminism.
>>
>>3741848

>mfw Megaman Zero no damage run on hard mode

Pure autism
>>
>>3742169
Sorry, memefriend, but political correctness revolves around the potential offense caused to minorities/disadvantaged people/etc.

Calling an asian guy a slanty is politically incorrect.

Calling someone a dickhead is not.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG6hPJpxzm4

please inform yourselves before posting
>>
>>3737867
>they're getting money for a good cause
charity is more guilt-tithe than aid.

hating is autistic as fuck, but the charitable element is redundant. an appeal to personal success would've been better juxtaposition.
>>
File: autism-intensifies.gif (1MB, 164x228px) Image search: [Google]
autism-intensifies.gif
1MB, 164x228px
GDQ went to shit the moment it became a product to be sold as opposed to a con of sorts where autistic people gather to show off their vidya skills. Compare AGDQ 2014 with 2015. That's when everything wrong with this event started to show up in full force. Half the screen is taken up by adds and bid wars. The only reason people even attend this con is to meet up with their fellow autistic buddies.

Also, the fact that the marathon ended with Undercuck tells wonders about who they want their audience to be. Who else could give away thousands of mommy and daddy's hard earned cash than entitled cultural marxists who do so simply because the organizers agree with them to a certain extent? I swear I could be raping and torturing some poor faggot's mom while beheading his dog and as long as I tell him "fuck le ebil patriarchy xD" he'll immediately ask me if I have a patreon.
>>
>>3743083
>your entire 2nd paragraph

Shh, /pol/cuck, shhh... everything will be all right.
>>
>>3743790
*everything will be alt-right.
>>
>>3737871
Come on man, you don't need to meet these faggots to have an intimate knowledge of who they are. Didn't one guy go fucking nuts and start going by Narcissa or something? Be reasonable, they are shit people.
>>
>>3743790
Jesus, you even type like a faggot. Please kill yourself.
>>
>>3743876
Shhhh
>>
>>3743815
kek
>>
>>3743932
Not an argument.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey3grPHi-vA
>>
>>3744716
le cringe xD

fuck this pathetic video.
>>
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/did-this-dude-just-sniff-this-chicks-chair-seat/85239021/
>>
>>3737867
Most people who hate speedrunning used to think they knew everything about their favorite game. Then they found a speedrun video that completely fucked them in the ass, and they were forever butthurt from then on.

Hating AGDQ is perfectly reasonable though. What a shitfest of autism and cringe. Just a bunch of sweaty awkward nerds yelling HOIP when the announcer tells them to, and a goddamned ban on swearing because "let's cater to the child segment, even though most speedrunning fans are in their twenties and kids can't donate anyway". It's amazing how fu... sorry, DARN stupid the organizers are. They can all go to HECK.
>>
>>3745421
>Most people who hate speedrunning used to think they knew everything about their favorite game. Then they found a speedrun video that completely fucked them in the ass, and they were forever butthurt from then on.
That is a petty reason to hate on something. I hate it because it's gay.
>>
>>3745278
What a slut, it's obvious she only went there to feel worshipped cause of her fat tits. She's even wearing a third-date-shirt with a peephole
>>
>>3745424
If we're talking about streaming, I agree. The stream chats are literally online gay circlejerks. If you're just talking about speedrunning in general I can't see any reason to hate it.
>>
>>3745434
>I can't see any reason to hate it.
How about, most runs require more knowledge of glitches and skips than actual game skills.
>>
>>3745448
That's all of any% speedrunning dumbass
>>
this thread did not disappoint.
>>
>>3745470
I tried watching glitchless runs, guess what, they still allow SOME glitches.
>>
There are certainly a decent number of reasons to hate GDQ even avoiding the whole "where our funding goes" debacle not opening that can of worms

First off is the most obvious that GDQ is becoming commercialized as fuck, every year the bid war and promotional/lottery windows seem to get larger and larger as they try to get more people to chuck in their money. There's nothing wrong with these things in escence in fact giving incentives to donate is a pretty smart idea, but it almost feels like the speedruns are becoming secondary to the donations

The second issue which kind of jumps off from the first topic is GDQ management being incredibly fucking anal about things like banning runners for swearing or making fun of the GDQ speedrunning submission system like that black guy the JSMB2 run a while back

3rd is the fact that a lot of speed runs are incredibly boring. "Hey man check out this super mario world glitch where i exploit the games code to warp to the end credits in under 5 minutes!"

Wow fucking riveting. Isn't the idea of a speed run to show off your in game skills to beat the challenge of the game as fast as possible? How can anyone find watching that entertaining? I know a lot of runs aren't like that but if I'm going to watch a speed run I want to be impressed by the players skills more than anything.

And there are many more reasons which I'll probably sperg out about later when i can be bothered
>>
>>3743035
>hating is autistic as fuck
So now entire areas of the emotional spectrum are autistic? including all legitimate criticism? fuck off you dumb cunt passive aggressive controlling cunt.

>>3745502
>3rd is the fact that a lot of speed runs are incredibly boring.
This desu but the reason the audience stays high on the stream imo is 90% have it on in the background and probably aren't even watching and nearly every cunt just donates to get a few words and their own name shouted out in public to feel good whilst not really giving 2 shits about the runs or the charity, it's clever marketing feeding on narcissism.
>>
>>3745426
gtf >>>/r9k/
>>
the only problem is people speedrunning super pleb games like any new game made in the last 15 years.

especially those new le retro platformers.
>>
>>3745525
wat. Most of the fucks there are the r9k types ie think women are the answer to all their probs and worship them, he's right why is she there? You think she speedruns zelda? get real.
>>
>>3745540
i don't speedrun games and i watch gdq. can't a person just like watching?
>>
>>3745543
You don't speedrun games but you have an interest in them, i'm not gonna speak on that girls behalf but i find it unlikely that a knowingly attractive female slipped into her figure hugging tight clothings and fuck me heels to waltz on down to a hall of sweaty degenerate beta males to enjoy speedruns. Even if she does enjoy speedruns i think it's pretty obvious that she is feeding on the attention from the demographic.
>>
>>3745509
>So now entire areas of the emotional spectrum are autistic?
If they're activated by certain stimuli, yes. If you're emotionally invested enough to hate, you're autistic.
>including all legitimate criticism?
One can criticise without emotional investment.
>cunt passive aggressive controlling cunt.
oh my.
>>
>>3745481
*exploits
>>
>>3745426
Wanna know how I know you've never been kissed?
>>
>>3737867
Hating 4chan is perfectly reasonable though. What a shitfest of autism and cringe. Just a bunch of sweaty awkward nerds yelling FAG when (..)
>>
>>3745448
wtf pulling of perfect timed glitches and having the patience to run a game over and over and over again? Credit should be given there. What are you good at?
>>
>>3748264
>using glitches to skip content of a game means you're good at the game
top kek. play it the way the devs intended or get the FUCK out, nigger
>>
>>3745502
>making fun of the GDQ speedrunning submission system like that black guy the JSMB2 run a while back
big john is a total bro
>>
>>3748259
If you're so triggered about it you can fuck off back to rebbit you faggot
>>
>>3746392
>If you're emotionally invested enough to hate, you're autistic.

Terrible armchair psychology pulled directly from your arsehole. You also have no understanding of what autism really is.

>>3746392
>One can criticise without emotional investment.
Without emotional investment no one tends to feel motivated to, it's called desire which is a direct relative to action. Going around spouting views on things you don't care about at all is far more questionable no matter if positive or negative.
>>
>>3748361
>You also have no understanding of what autism really is.
Legitimate autism right here folks.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.