[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JRPG´S PSP ports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: FirstDepartureUSAcover.jpg (98KB, 640x1110px) Image search: [Google]
FirstDepartureUSAcover.jpg
98KB, 640x1110px
So the following games have ports/remakes on the PSP

>Star Ocean (pic related)
>Valkyre Profile (lenneth)
>Lunar (silver star harmony)
>Final Fantasy 3

have any of you have tried them? should I just emulate the originals instead?
>>
>>3735841
Of those I only have played VC and it's practically identical to the original except it's in widescreen and has some expensive-looking but soulless cgi cutscenes.

Also Star Ocean 2 is a respectable version, people say the voices are corny but it's just like a saturday anime voice english cast against bad 90s game voice cast.

Also Tales of Eternia was released on PSP but I guess it's PAL exclusive.
>>
I always play the original first.
>>
I didn't know they ported the DS FF3 to PSP but they ported it to fucking everything so I guess I'm not surprised.

It's probably the best version but significantly different from the original in obvious ways.
>>
>>3735841
All of these except Valkyrie Profile are brand new games, calling them ports would do it injustice.
>>
>>3735841
The PSP port of Valkyrie Profile is based on the Japanese version and has a few bugs that got fixed for the US release. Play the PS1 version.
>>
>>3735881

>Also Star Ocean 2 is a respectable version, people say the voices are corny but it's just like a saturday anime voice english cast against bad 90s game voice cast.

so the first one is not?
>>
>>3735841
as far as I recall the VP port is the same and has fancy CG cutscenes

the PSP remake of 1 is actually really good but the overworld seems a bit empty. it's basically remodeled to look and play like star ocean 2

the PSP port of 2 is a bit bittersweet because it takes away the 3d item models and the amazing battle dialogue but the new dialogue can be heard outside battle in private actions and most story scenes.

the DS version of FF3 was boring as fuck though

>>3736172
I'd play both because they both have their merits
>>
File: persona.jpg (37KB, 300x432px) Image search: [Google]
persona.jpg
37KB, 300x432px
also the next title (but not the 2nd half of its duology)
>>
>>3735841
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed First Departure way more than the original SNES version.
However, my first SO was SO2 (still my favorite to this day), and since the remake tries to replicate it's style...you know.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.