[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HoMM/Might and Magic thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 505
Thread images: 99

Astrologers proclaim the week of Plague.

READ THE FAQ
http://pastebin.com/6G9B1cMA

Dead general: >>3675812
>>
I missed this thread it motivates me to finish my games.
>>
What's a good army comp for Castle? What units should I focus on upgrading first?
>>
So HOTA is getting big update this week to 1.5.0
I wonder if they'll do any re-balancing for skills.
>>
>>3735442
Are they nerfing Cove? I heard they were OP.
>>
>>3735485
They're supposed to post in english what changes they're making a day or two before the update drops.
>>
Is that one anon still working on a tech tree for all towns?
>>
File: Crag Hack.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Crag Hack.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>3734930
>Week of the Plague
>>
>>3736038
close enough i couldn't remember what it was
>>
File: seeds01.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
seeds01.jpg
1B, 486x500px
What is, in your opinion, the most difficult campaign and what is the most enjoyable campaign in the Heroes saga?
>>
>>3736212
Dragon Slayer was my most difficult campaign.
Playing as Sandro with those combo artifacts was really fun.
>>
>>3736212
Dragon Slayer is pretty easy, just incredibly tedious. In terms of difficulty it's EASILY Yog getting no magic.

The most fun is Armageddon's Blade by a lot. It has multiple factions, tons of maps, Gelu Sharpshooter promotions, Conflux, and of course the direct tie-ins and references with MM7.
>>
>>3735093
Marksmen seem like the obvious answer here. It's a cheap building and doubles their damage output.
>>
File: castech.png (1B, 486x500px)
castech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3735940
I finished it.
>>
File: ramtech.png (1B, 486x500px)
ramtech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3737365
>>
>>3737365
Nice do you habe an album of them all?
>>
File: towtech.png (1B, 486x500px)
towtech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: inftech.png (1B, 486x500px)
inftech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3737371
They are separate pngs. If you wish, you may compile them.
>>
File: nectech.png (1B, 486x500px)
nectech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: duntech.png (1B, 486x500px)
duntech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: strtech.png (1B, 486x500px)
strtech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: fortech.png (1B, 486x500px)
fortech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: contech.png (1B, 486x500px)
contech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: inftech.png (1B, 486x500px)
inftech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3737375
Some fixes in description.
>>
nectech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3737379
And here. Forgot about wights' regeneration.
>>
File: skeletons.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
skeletons.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>24 replies
>Nobody has tried to summon her

This won't do.
>>
nectech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3737424
Sorry.
>>
File: contech.png (1B, 486x500px)
contech.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3737387
Fixed energy elemental's price.
>>
>>3737375
I'll make an album of them and add them to the pastebin.
>>
File: peasants.png (1B, 486x500px)
peasants.png
1B, 486x500px
There was 500 peasants guarding the passage, and orc chiefs could kill about 50 at a time. I grouped my goblins around them for protection and blocked the 2-hex passway with wolves. And for some reason peasants turned back and went all the way around the ridge even though they could easily massacre wolves.
>>
>>3737974
HoMM2 sprite art is too good
>>
>>3735093

Scout the map and if there are enough resources and gems go swordsmen>monks>angels and only upgrade angels, save those moneys. If not go marksmen>griffins>cavaliers and focus on the mage guild.

Castle is really flexible and as soon as you have archangels you've basically won the game due to them resurrecting each other. You won't have enough money to buy all units anyways.
>>
>>3736252
>In terms of difficulty it's EASILY Yog getting no magic.

I'm stumped at the part where you have to deliver helm of heavenly enlightment to some.
>>
>>3738012
If it's the one I'm remembering, basically you need to flank the Tower cities and force the hero to siege them against your Ancient Behemoth. If you have a Tower castle you can beat the big hero (Aine I think) and then the rest of the scenario is easy. Isolating and stealing a city is very difficult though.
>>
>>3738009
That's exactly what kind of answer I was looking for thanks.
>>
>>3738039

Yeah, it's actually no point in upgrading or buying all units to have an efficient army. Mostly because you won't have the economy for it not until the late game.
>>
>>3738072
I have this really bad habit in both RTS and TBS where I spend too much time trying to tech and mass troops instead of going out and getting shit done.
>>
>>3738079

I did that too. But in Homm most units are fodder and barely worth upgrading when all they get is more speed. Which you can mitigate with expert tactics or expert haste, which saves you a lot of money. Also scaring off mobs instead of engaging them is a good tactic for preserving troops, especially when you have a mishmash army of bad morale.
>>
Any news HotA 1.5.0?
Should be released by now...
>>
>>3738543
we need a local slav to give us hot scoops on HoMM3 mods
>>
>>3738543
it's delayed. Russian forum is down for the time, so the only place to find if there's any news is vk com/h3hota
>>
When starting a battle, do you move your shooters up or tell them to wait and let the enemy move up to you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ5XjRBTEpU
Might and Magic has the most beautiful ost that i´ve ever listened
>>
>>3739736
if you have more speed you should always wait, unless enemy morale can fuck you up
>>
>>3739765
Paul Romero is pretty based. I think the music before they hired him was good too.
>>
>tfw no good new games to recapture the feeling that HOMM3 gave me

Total war: warhammer is the closest that's come to it and even then I still like HOMM3 more.
>>
>>3740396
>dlc jewery and streamlining: the game
>capturing anything that made HoMM3 fun
>>
>>3740396
Maybe AOW3 for something modern?
>>
Is Necropolis the worst faction as far as HoMM 5 multiplayer is concerned if somebody has experienced with that here?

It depends on the map of course like different factions towns, but I'm saying in a standard games with medium to large maps. Their only worth from what I've heard is just insane rushing potential, which again depends on the map. Vanilla necro sounds great though and something closer to HOMM3 on the other hand I am loving dark energy with just singleplayer since the faction gets more depth but I can't imagine it being anything more than a setback in multiplayer.
>>
>>3738023

I did like you said, but got super lucky when lots of zealots joined me. After that just steamrolled through the map on week 1 raping everything.

Now on Sandros campaign and the lvl5 limit on the first campaign is really annoying because rolling both advanced wisdom and expert necromacy is annoying as fuck.
>>
>>3741246
Vanilla Necro is how the faction was designed and they were the strongest faction by far because of being behind over 7000 skeleton (archers). The last scenario in the Sylvan campaign was notorious for ravaging new players even in lower difficulties with thousands (in some cases >20k) of skeleton archers.

Then they changed it to the dark magic scheme and it never really brought the faction back in line. With the shrine of the netherworld, you figure the undead version of a creature at most factions is weaker for those tiers than other races. Since they cap the effectiveness of the main strength of the faction of course it doesn't perform the way it used to.
>>
What do you think is the most underrated town?
>>
>>3742801
Your only real options are Tower, Fortress, or Inferno. The others have pretty well defined strengths.

Tower is great as a secondary town, but a horrible starting faction. Everything is too expensive from the buildings, units, and even the upgrades. A library to get upgraded Arch Magi is overkill considering how expensive the base mage tower is.

>Inferno
>implying

So I guess Fortress by default. For a faction dominated by Witches, it seems dumb not to have a good mage guild though. Wyvern rushes will get you out faster than any other faction. Their T7 is awful, and takes every other tier aside from the most useful one to get to, but Gorgons are the real strength anyway.
>>
>>3741910
Oh yea that scenario, I didn't play with the vanilla version so there wasn't anything like that even on heroic(Thank god). But their armies did grow amusingly large because of the 6 towns, though nothing unmanagable.

Sounds like a shame really. Maybe they could've found another way that wouldn't run them to the ground or something like increasing a few of their base creature stats.
>>
Actually I kinda of have to take back what I said about them being the worst. That is some godlike creeping ability and you can build up a serious momentum, especially with Kaspar and NaadirWill probably still get crushed if it goes late though
>>
Does anyone know where to download the HD mod?
https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/eng/download isn't working
>>
>>3743060

Tower has gremlin masters through that allow you to clear a big chunk of the map at week1. But yeah. Tower and Infernos real strengths are not their units or heroes. It's their mage guilds. If you get berserk and expert fire magic with inferno, you'll be able to rape almost everything. If you get fly or Dimension door with tower then you won't even have to fight most neutral stacks, just cast the spell and go gather resources and artifacts.

The only magic town that is superior to both is Dungeon, due to highest chance of getting armageddon and mana vortex, which combined with intelligence will give you insane mana pools.

Rampart and necropolis don't really benefit from spells higher than 3rd level with the exception of town portal.
>>
>>3744181
website works fine for me
>>
>>3741910
Playing that game after patches really made me realize - Necromancy is only fun because its broken. With darkness points or whatever the fuck it was called, it is simply just not the same even if you can resurrect dragons and shit. The same thing in HoMM IV - it is capped by your EXP so no 9000 skeletons for you, and again - ability to raise ghosts barely helps.
>>
>>3745214

The only units worth ressurecting were vampire lords
>>
>>3745220
>Not power liches
Dropped
>>
So I got Mandate of Heaven, and...
>go right - get killed by 5000 goblins
>go left - get killed by 5000 mages
>go in the dungeon - get eaten by cobras and bats
Is there something I'm missing or I just need to git gud?
>>
>>3745361
Get bows
>>
Is there any patch for MM6 that removes the stupid artifact cap?
>>
>>3745487
Archer misses 3/4 of the time
EVERYONE misses 3/4 of the time, dammit
>>
>>3745563
Get better accuracy or better bows. You can get as high as precision in Castle Ironfist. If you want to savescum you can get 3, and if you don't even elven are ok. Also remember that you get +10 might in the fountain in New Sorpigal so most of your shots should be kills.
>>
>>3745490
No, it's built in and it's apparently much harder to remove than it should be. Greyface has complained about the difficulty in the past as this is a common request.
>>
>>3745590
I see, thanks. Do you have any specific links where he mentions this?
>>
>>3743274
It was probably the hardest vanilla scenario and made most of the Academy campaign feel a bit anticlimactic.

In lower difficulties you absolutely had to rush hard. If you couldn't get out of your city into undead territory with dragons by week 3 it was game over as the skeletons would get to a point you couldn't recover.

>I'm behind 7000 skeletons
Try twice that if you were even a couple weeks slow. This was on normal!

The trick at higher difficulties was there was a Sandro's cloak on the map, so if you had built your hero with Dark Magic it was doable. Getting dark magic on a Ranger is just about impossible to get in the first place though. You still had to rush anyway, but if you could catch him with only 12000 skeleton archers you could beat him.

On top of having to spam Puppet Master, you still had to keep the fucking Phoenix alive at the end or he revives with several weeks worth of units. There was an unlisted quest if you killed all the Shadow Dragon stacks on the map that he would also be unable to revive, but a couple of those were deep in enemy territory so you would have to have 90% map control already before you could even consider it.
>>
>>3745597
Nevermind, I've found a thread where he talks about it:

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/9704?start=320

It seems like you can't remove the artifact limit completely, but you can reset the 'found artifacts counter' with a memory editor, which in practice should allow you to go over the artifact cap.
>>
>>3745361
The fountain in new sorpigal heals mana
>>
>>3745706
>>3745584
And the other one restores hp. You really should rely on these for now. The charges run out of charges eventually, but those get restored after a day. It's also worth noting that the Temple heals and restores spell points for just 10g/person.

Obligatory READ THE PASTEBIN. Hit and run is normal, especially early.
>>
>>3745706
Yes, I know that
>>3745846
Alright, thanks for the help.
>>
>>3745895
Remember exploring and finding random artifacts is half the fun and don't spoil yourself with guides.
>>
jewbisoft pls
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FwsKPkpUEHo
>>
File: 1449906268307.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1449906268307.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>3747929
It could have being worse with actual "Amiibo" Skylanders style, but still fuck them for doing this!

Just to make it clear, nothing against change but for fuck sake at least make this change making sense AND not being a bad one!
>>
>>3736212
Isn't there an unlockable campaign?

98% of my HoMM3 play has been multiplayer but I have beaten Dragon Slayer.
>>
>>3745361
There's a fly scroll hidden in one of the walls of New Sorpigal.
>>
>>3743060
Hydras week 1 are the bomb and not unlikely to occur.

Also I always envisioned Witches as being low-level spellcasters that specialize in rituals and divination, not earth-shattering spells.

Beastmasters are a great hero class.
>>
>>3742801
>>3743060
I vote Inferno for underrated in a specific way: Efreeti rushes. With some luck, even on 200% you can get 5-6 Efreeti week 1, and they're terrific units with huge speed and a good upgrade. Devils also make them a great Single Player faction because your main is more likely to covet Intelligence, and then hit'n'run with Archdevils will cover all your needs. You can do Force Field cheese and what not with your superfast high attack unit that has no retaliation, and getting just 1-3 Devils with some appropriate Expert Magic is enough to clear Naga Banks, Dwarven Treasuries, even Griffin Conservatories, or Throngs of slow units without any problems very cost-effectively.

Otherwise though I agree that Fortress should try to end the game early and has a great advantage on Serpent Fly Bank-rich maps (for bonus Wyverns) or should transition into a more late-game town (Castle, Tower) if possible.

Really though for Single Player purposes the best towns are the ones with superfast units that can self-reliantly clear AI stacks and uncover as much map as possible. Fortress and Stronghold are great for quick objectives but you will have an annoying time going around with a full army all day long; Fortress does have a "wow" self-reliant unit that just breaks everything by itself in the window that you have it, but it's not nearly as universal because of its slowness.
>>
H-How to git gud in Heroes? recently I played the scenario Beebee and the Three pigs from Heroes 4 and i couldn´t beat the map, even in easy, is too difficult to me. I had no troubles in the Heroes 3 campaign so i guess i´m not a bad player
>>
Cool automapper, works with MM 1-5: https://www.eskimo.com/~edv/lockscroll/WhereAreWe/
>>
>>3750068
>Beebee and the Three pigs
Fuck this map. Try those intended for multiplayer
>>
>>3750068
gelu was a mistake
>>
>>3750096
I've heard good things about this automapper. Wouldn't use it for MM3 onwards though.
>>
So why again the new ass-ugly models for pikemen and orcs were made in HotA?
>>
File: VDWhTEq.png (1B, 486x500px)
VDWhTEq.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3751701
>>
>>3751701
what was wrong with the old ones?
>>
>>3752153
Nothing was wrong with them, that's why anon was asking, such a random thing to change.
>>
>>3751724
ONE
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
>>
>>3751701
They probably thought original sprites weren't very well detailed.
>>
any opinions on might and magic 9? I loved 6-8 and was thinking of starting it just for completion sake. I heard jvc wasnt very involved though....
>>
>>3752865
It's mostly hated because it wasn't really finished. The fan community had to release patches to fix basic bugs. It's playable now, but not really worth your time.

It's also on a different world (the same one as HoMM4). If you are looking for completion, go back and start at MM3. Even now MM3-5 still hold up pretty well despite some clunky interfaces and cartoonish graphics.

The pastebin in the OP has more details and breakdowns of the MM generations.
>>
File: grLwJpX.png (1B, 486x500px)
grLwJpX.png
1B, 486x500px
Is the Succession Wars mod making any progress? Don't know of anywhere you can track it.
>>
>>3754332
We supposed to get an update in december 2016 but Devs didn't spoke since October

You can track progress here http://heroes2.forumactif.com/t130p125-h3sw-general-discussion
>>
>>3754413
Thanks.
>>
Do you guys start attacking neutral armies from turn 1 or do you build up your armies a bit?
>>
>>3751701
I literally think they might have just made ot as a proof of concept or "hey, we can change sprites as well" sort of deal. Or possibly there were plans to remake all sprites which they thankfully didnt follow through?
>>3750068
Heroes IV is vastly different than H III. Difficulty levels change a fuckton and on higher ones you basically have to use all kinds of cheese. Also something as basic as simultanous counterstikes change dynamic of the fight a lot.
>>
>>3755057
If im tryharding then from turn 1 if humanly possible
>>
>>3755057
Depends on difficulty and what I can get from attacking. If it's wood or ore producers then absolutely.
>>
>>3755057
If you can lose zero units there's no reason not to. And in most situations you can turn 1.
>>
>>3755057
If I can have harpy hags, yes.
If no, turn 2-3.
>>
>>3755102
Well, actually in most cases it can be hard to have 0 losses. But 1-6 unit losses? Perfectly fine.
>>
>>3755113
Fair enough, 6 sounds a bit too high though. Like if you lose 6 units each time, after 4 stacks you suddenly have no T1 units left. For me I'd say < 3 is fine.

I also like to get a secondary hero that's capable of fighting stacks with only 1 unit at turn one if I can, notably the Stronghold ballista guy and the Conflux firewall/magic arrow girls.
>>
>>3755158
Well, i used that number because if for some reason you have no 2nd tier units then 1 powerstack of T1 + 6 1-offs to soak up retaliation.
>>
>>3755057

Usually from day one, because stacks have a tendency to grow into hords week 2.
>>
>>3749965

Witches are better spellcasters than wizards though. With high chance of getting water/ earth magic and almost guaranteed teleport / earthquake. I actually prefer them to beastmasters because they'll get you through a siege.
>>
>>3755345
>teleport/earthquake
y tho
>>
Any map creating/editing guides?
>>
>>3755365
Teleport is a must for hydras
>>
>>3755365

Fortress sucks at sieges with its 4 walkers. Even ballistics doesn't help much.

At least barbarians have cyclops that can turn walls and towers into mush.

Imo teleport > earthquake though. It may take you a couple of casts before anything happens. Might as well teleport two units over instead for instant damage.
>>
Did Eye of the Eagle anon ever finish his map?
>>
>>3755797
I think a few threads ago someone posted their map and it got a few critiques. You could use that for some guidelines on what not to do.
>>
>>3756905
I remember that, it was basically don't put something in every fucking square.
>>
>>3757917
succ wars needs to come out already
>>
>>3754413
Wait are they doing HoMM1 maps too? That's what I'm getting from that thread.
>>
>>3758037
>succ wars
>succ
>Succubus wars
Give it to me! Now!
>>
File: Untitled.png (1B, 486x500px)
Untitled.png
1B, 486x500px
Am I too retarded to play this game ? What the hell am I supposed to do in the first mission of this campaign.
>>
>>3759554
Is this HotA?
>>
>>3759554
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxnTwYtuIzA&list=PLe0K-GUDQkNIbLr8e0VbF6CLi0oslF2N8
You may find this guy's letsplays helpful.
>>
>>3754413
They occasionally post on their facebook too.
>>
File: succ.png (1B, 486x500px)
succ.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3754413
Russian here. I'm not really invested in HoMM, I just randomly stumbled upon this thread. I'll try to help a bit.

The latest update post was on January 17.
Here's my attempt on the translation.

"That's how creatures of our eight factions will look like in the upcoming beta. During discussions a lot of copies were broken, a lot of keyboards were wasted, a lot of brilliant ideas were tossed away. The content was heavily restricted by the concept of HoMM 2.

Maybe something will look off for your expectations, but keep in mind that the major part of our additions were made by the lesser evil principle, and every single creature in the bestiary has decent reason for it's existence."
>>
File: New_heroes_All.png (1B, 486x500px)
New_heroes_All.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3738543
Update post from January 18.

"The update is delayed yet again. Even though the team has high activity, there are some tasks that need more time. We won't give estimated release date to avoid needless expectations. But clearly the development of 1.5.0 is currently on its final stage.

Let's return to the description of some elements of the upcoming update. Let's start from the aesthetic additions. The update will have new models for heroes both on the map and in the battle, based both of class and gender.

It's a known fact that New World Computing was planning to implement the same thing. Left-over resources from the map editor are the proof. Besides, some of the earlier closed alpha screenshots of HoMM 3 have heroes of the same class with different genders.

And yet again HotA chose to implement features that were dropped by NWC due to the low budget and time. Even though it's purely cosmetic, this task was planned basically from the very beginning of the project.

You can see some of the animations there:
heroes3towns.com/heroes.html"

I left out some details from the update post.
In the update post from January 1 they promised to keep up with the update posts up until the release day, where they'll show off some of the most prominent changes.
>>
>>3760964
who's that lvl3 midget from Wizard's town?
>>
>>3761360
Looks like halfling mage or something. I've heard that names aren't decided yet.
>>
File: 197.gif (1B, 486x500px)
197.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>3760964
WHY DEATH KNIGHT IS ON FOOT
>>
>>3760964
>>3761024
Thank you slav anon
>>
>>3760964
>all those mandate of heaven characters in HoMM2 art style
MUH DICK
>>
File: Kg7apd6.png (1B, 486x500px)
Kg7apd6.png
1B, 486x500px
More SW pics
>>
>>3761870
Last one. Shame they took out inferno from the beta but it makes sense since that's a tough faction to fit into HoMM2 while the others seem to be borrowing some elements from MM6.
>>
>>3760964
Thanks i just checked the facebook page and this is indeed legit

Apperently there was an update in december aswell, dunno why they don't upload anything on the site i linked in my previous post, i checked heroescommunity few months ago and one of the devs said they will update it there.
>>3761842
Those are 3 years old ss's anon.
>>
>>3761968
sheit it's such a mess to look for SW news i forgot to check the dates
>>
>>3761553
They said it would look too cool for LV5 creature, and they don't want to gimp lich.
>>
File: black-knight.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
black-knight.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>3762420
At least they got the ballin' MM6 design
>>
>>3761875
>>3761870
>>3761868
>>3761865
>>3761864
>>3761857
>>3761852
>>3761849
This honestly doesn't look that good. UI design inevitably crowbared from one game into another and new spirtes unfortunately do stand out just enough.
>>
>>3762442
Looks good to me.
>>
>>3762442
Those screenshots are years old.
>>
>>3749965
Hydras are and have always been one of the best garrison units for castle defense out there. Clogging lanes, tanking damage and retaliation in multiple directions can be highly underrated, if you're in a situation that calls for hiding out in your castles.
>>
>>3761875
>Recruitable Ghosts
What could ever go wrong?
>>
>>3764335
Ghosts are neutral units now
>>
File: 1467401810380.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1467401810380.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>try to play hOMM 7
>I can"t play for more than 30 minutes without being bored as fuck
is this normal? should I just stick at it until I like it?
>>
>>3765340
>HoMM 7
>Even aknowledging its existence, let alone playing this abortion
Play HoMMs that aren't shit.
2 has very nice atmosphere
3 is an immortal classic
4 has heroes that fight alongside their soldiers and units walking without heroes
5 is 3 but from ubisoft
>>
>>3765340
No, it's just a shitty game. Ubi even killed support for it.
>>
>>3765351
tfw 4 runs like shit on win 10
>>
>>3765340
1 is a bit bland and unbalanced. It hasn't aged well largely because of how essential marketplaces are in the series.

2 is generally loved

3 everyone already plays and loves

4 has a very split fanbase, some love it and some hate it. Heroes are in combat and there's the XOR gimmick for unit buildings. It is also responsible for the destruction of Enroth.

5 was a remake of 3, but cuts off from the NWC worlds. Still largely worth playing, especially with the different difficulties actually meaning something.

6 was a major step back. Much more disliked than liked.

7 was liked by basically no one.
>>
File: Bashing_Skulls.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Bashing_Skulls.jpg
1B, 486x500px
for someone else is this campaign a nightmare?
>>
>>3765853
Crag's? Nah it's not all that hard. Annoying at times because of the limited mage guild, but not hard especially compared to the idiocy of Yog's.
>>
File: Sandro.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Sandro.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>3765853
Had troubles in one or two maps there. Currently I'm stuck on the first map of the last campaign vs necromancers. Pic related.
>>
best hot seat maps to play in heroes 4?
>>
>>3765357
dxwnd should help you with that. I had the same problem.
>>
>>3766584
What settings should I set for Homm4 in dxwnd? I can't find any combination of settings that works at all.
>>
>>3766295
Clancy totally banged Gem, didn't he? Also, why from all the characters feautured in HoMM 1-3 (Gem, Sandro, Crag Hag, Yog) only Gem retained her Enrothian past, while others were given a completely new backstory?
>>
>>3765361
Today I actually learned that HoMM1 still has a niche multiplayer community among some Russians (of course).

I am honestly curious because I don't know how is it not a Warlock vs Warlockfest, but I can't speak Russian.

HoMM1 is great in its relative simplicity and the extremely colourful, World of Xeen-invoking graphics.
>>
>>3766995
>I don't know how is it not a Warlock vs Warlockfest
Because every unit of the Warlocks is extremely expensive.
Meanwhile someone who started with a Barbarian castle will attack your castle with 30 goblins, 20 orcs, 12 wolves, 10 ogres and 8 trolls on week 2. Not even your castletowers will help since they always automatically attack the strongest shooter stack (the Trolls) but Trolls regnerate to full HP every turn.
>>
File: 1451157159684.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1451157159684.jpg
1B, 486x500px
What are the best campaigns in the whole of HOMM saga?
I love these games to death but I feel like I've already played all the good shit, the only games I haven't played/completed are the trash ones
>>
File: 1459079302393.png (1B, 486x500px)
1459079302393.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3767112
dragon slayer
>>
>>3766792
Because ubisoft are hacks?
>>
>>3767163
I think he was talking about SoD campaigns, not ubi stories.
>>
What are the best difficulties to play the SoD campaigns?
the default setting is usually kicking my ass, but playing on lower levels makes me feel like I'm not really experiencing the game
>>
>>3767235
Default setting of course. Do Restoration of Erathia first if you haven't.
>>
>>3767041
They are expensive, but the best HOMM1 starting strat is to constantly buy heroes to amass starting units. 30 goblins, 20 orcs, 12 wolves, 10 ogres and 8 trolls may very well meet with like 80 gargoyles and other assorted units on week 2 simply from excessive herobuying.

Warlocks also get high Spell Power which is more important in a game where HP totals are scarce.

And look at factions like Knight, who are supposed to be cheap but quick, yet have average speeds, no fliers, bad tech tree and a level 1 unit that is more often a liability than anything.

Warlocks can take on Ghost Graveyards fairly comfortably from the start; Knights have to wait until Pikemen at the very least.
>>
The best part of losing all my save progress in MM7 is maximizing skill point allocation to make early game less annoying.
>>
Do you guys prefer one off scenarios or campaigns?
>>
>>3769616
Random towns + Random generated XL maps on impossible vs 7 PC's master race.
>>
>>3769691
Also strong monsters, no water and complete underground levels, dyplomacy disabled.
>>
>>3769691
I feel like it is more challenging to not have the AIs gang up on the human player
When they can't conquer each other, they don't hit me with crazy stacks in the mid/late game
>>
>>3767235
They are a step up from some of the other campaigns but remember the campaigns should be release order (RoE -> AB -> SoD).
>>
>>3762442

Worry not. These screenshots are from the open beta from about four years ago. There's a lot of copy/paste work/palette swaps in those screenshots, whereas in the current status, they have zero tolerance for that shit. Currently, it literally looks like the NWC team got together again and decided to make an updated Heroes 2 in 2017.
>>
>>3770251
I hope they polish the nomad a bit he's the only sprite that sticks out in my eyes. Other than that, 10/10 work by based slavs.
>>
File: jjXC6f4.gif (1B, 486x500px)
jjXC6f4.gif
1B, 486x500px
These guys are doing a goddamn admirable job.
>>
>>3770254
Do they have any more of these animations?
>>
File: 2uvzJ3N.gif (1B, 486x500px)
2uvzJ3N.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>3770330
Nevermind I found the page they're hosted on. Nice compilation.
http://heroes2.forumactif.com/t448-h3sw-creature-animations
>>
>>3769695
No Dimension Door, no Town Portal, land only, Final Destination.
>>
>>3769691

>Impossible

It's kind of gay thought. The only thing it does is slow you down for a week. Also strong enemies means they will be guarding OP artifacts. Which will make the game a cakewalk when you get that helm of heavenly enlightnment or a spell book.

Lately I've been playing inferno and tower a lot
>>
>>3770735
I thought strong enemies just made the stacks bigger without changing the map at all, and the random map template is what decides how many high level artifacts are around.

Does homm3 have any AI mods? Even with all the restrictions mentioned 1v7 impossible is still kind of easy.
>>
>>3770749

Nah, you can tell by the stacks how powerful a dragon utopia and pandoras box are as well.

Also random map generator usually spawns faction specific scrolls and spell shrines nearby. I would get berserk or armageddon pretty often with inferno/dungeon/necropolis or a spell tome of fire magic.

I would also find fly/dimension door/ chain lightning scrolls when with tower.
>>
>MM 6 and 7 never had mod support

It would have been so great if people could make their own campaigns, like in Neverwinter.
>>
>>3770749
VCMI authors are creating their AI from the scratch afaik, so that's your best bet probably. Not sure if its any good atm tho.
>>
>>3770735
Ya, slows you down for a week, so you have to play catch up. Sucks to play with a starting town such as Tower or Dungeon, but usually easy enough to start with an early game town and transition later.
>>
>>3769932
Oh yea i do it sometims but its inconsistent, most of the time i just give AI the heroes they perform the best on average and it does the trick.
>>3770749
Thats true even with WoG where you can make AI stronger with few scripts.

If you have ERA II theres Conquistador mod avaible that can enchance the AI http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=38959
>>
>>3770784
Both of those games have various mods. A mod expanding on MM8 is also in development.
>>
>>3770984

You can get pretty far with harpies and gremlins though and gather enough resources to help you jumpstart the game. You're supposed to use spellcasters with those towns so a huge army is not as important when you can magic arrow the fuck out of most easy stacks.
>>
>>3771705
Assuming you can find Magic Arrow and that you have some access to wells, I suppose. Some RMG maps are just really shit. And Dungeon's Evil Eye requirement can be really hard to fulfill on 200% for quite a while.

But yeah, fair point. I still appreciate 200% games for teaching me a bit more about leveraging level 1 units. Gretchin/Gurnisson Goblins is a fun exercise.

I wonder if I'd be able to do Barbarian Breakout 200% with Dungeon, though.
>>
are the installers in the pastebin all the GOG versions?
>>
>>3771757

Yeah evil eyes can be a hurdle. RNG sometimes spawns with the dwelling though and you can use an external dwelling plus portal of summoning to gather hordes of low level troops, which will speed up the resource gathering and mine clearing process.
>>
>>3771770
yeah
>>
>>3770784
there are apparently a lot of chink mods for mm6
>>
>>3771780
To be honest though, Dungeon has like the best possible starting hero in Shakti, so unless resources just plain don't exist in your vicinity, you should have a fair chance to get past that.
>>
>>3749974

Efreets are god tier units. Too bad they die fast
>>
Are the HotA balance changes good or shit? Anyone know if the new update is rebalancing Cove?
>>
>>3774265
You could argue that Flux has been overnerfed and Cove is OP. Still, some other problems have been fixed (Tower & Inferno are better) and i think the difference between the strongest and weakest faction is smaller by quite a big margin.
>>
>>3774595
Is Necro still fun to play?
>>
>>3774596
Yeah. You can still amass fuckton of skelletons, just have to wait a few days before you can truly snowball.
>>
>>3765853
Yes. The entire campaign is fun up until that. It seems entirely up to chance whether or not an overpowered enemy hero will spit out of a one way teleporter on week one.
>>
Is there an easy way to get to max reputation in MM6?
>>
>>3776192
Donate until you hit a certain point then just do good quests until you hit max rep. At a certain point in the main quest you will lose rep so make sure you hit max before that.
>>
>>3776192
Donate to Respectable. It's cheap and easy as fuck.

Each Council Quest is worth 1 full category of reputation aside from the Stables Jew who costs you one.

Exposing the Traitor gives you something like 4 full categories. The "quest" to run the gauntlet and hit the faces will lower your reputation 1 per person but gives 50k xp each which is what it is designed to balance out, but if you want quick reputation this is the fastest.

Also remember you can hire a Bard for the last category once get to Angelic which gets you all the way to Saintly.
>>
>>3776323
>>3776407
The problem is that I keep losing reputation and I'm not really sure why. And I seem to lose it quicker than I gain it.
>>
>>3776616
Stop using the Armageddon spell.
>>
>>3776650
I'm not. I'm not getting -200 like you do for killing a person, just the occasional -10 or so.
>>
>>3776668
Turning in bones to the guy in Free Haven or just bribing/threatening/begging npcs will do it.
>>
Does anyone know how long you're banned from a store if caught stealing in MM7? I can't find any information on this anywhere, probably because nobody uses stealing because it sucks, but I'm curious nonetheless.

I mean, it could just be permanent, but that seems stupid as it has the potential to pretty much break the game.
>>
>>3777303
>Not savescumming
>>
>>3777310

Sorry anon, I never savescum.
>>
>>3777303
It's supposed to be permanent, but I believe it resets after the standard respawn time which is 2 years.

Stealing is a garbage skill and always has been. Put the points into Merchant instead.
>>
>>3777374
>put points into merchant
>never have to think about money again
feels good
>>
File: confused kot.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
confused kot.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>3760964
>lvl 6 barbarian unit is just some orc holding a rock
>>
>>3778260
Orcs are piggus though.
>>
>>3778260
It's a troll, dingus.
>>
>>3778260
>Comments about H2 mod
>Clearly hasn't played H2
>>
>>3778292
Only in inferior countries like Russia and Japan. They're hulking green beasts everywhere else.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWrMDnAApvM
>>
>>3778893
Posted this without watching the whole thing. The second part is supposed to be about M&M and HoMM
>>
File: Roland.png (1B, 486x500px)
Roland.png
1B, 486x500px
>>3734930
How did this motherfucker get any supporters? Motherfucker sounds like a giant nose doing a Jesse Jackson impression. How could anyone take this nose sounding motherfucker seriously?

For that matter how are you supposed to finish his campaign? Just mute the audio? Shit's literally unplayable with that fucking voice. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>3778979
You're supposed to play as based Archibald not the pussywhipped faggot.
>>
>>3779019
But my 100% completion though.
>>
>>3779019
Archibald is easy mode.
The majority of missions in his campaign can be rushed with Ogre Alliance abuse.
Sure you can also rush with the dwarves in Roland's campaign but it's a lot harder.
>>
>>3779064
So true. The game is so much harder if you do the Necromancer's Guild. Archibald even ends with dragons joining. I almost always have a couple dozen Black Dragons ready for the last scenario with the carry over.
>>
>>3777374
>tfw having to choose between being a nigger and being a jew
>>
File: 1464434514359.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1464434514359.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>3778260
>lvl 6 stronghold unit is just some orc holding a rock
>>
I'm finishing Shadow of Death and I'm thinking about downloading the Chronicles. How shit are those campaigns?
>>
>>3779535
They aren't bad, but can be frustrating at times.
>>
>>3778893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue2EvW-0oTU
Here we go the part about M&M and HoMM.
>>
>>3780007
>Buying the M&M IP back, possibly with Kickstarter
I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen, especially since Ubi has effectively killed the main franchises. I mean what are they really getting from it at this point?
>>
>>3780132
I think they just released another shovelware title for M&M. I hope JVC doesn't make the sequel a mobile game if he buys it.
>>
>>3779064
>Sure you can also rush with the dwarves in Roland's campaign but it's a lot harder.
What? I haven't had any problems with steamrolling enemeis with my 150+ dwarves.
>>
>>3778260
It's been in vanilla you zogger
>>
>>3770353
http://heroes2.forumactif.com/t442-h3sw-canonical-faction-lineups
http://heroes2.forumactif.com/t447-h3sw-witch-faction-lineup
http://heroes2.forumactif.com/t230-dervish-faction-general-concept
Line-up with almost complete stats of creatures.
>>
>>3779535

Pretty easy a lot of the time
>>
What was the name of the setting to re-enable flavor text on artifacts for HoMM3 HD patch?
>>
>>3780007
I asked this last thread and got my answer in this vid. Turns out they did get pressured to turn HoMM into a real time series but JVC refused to do it and used Civ as an example of a TBS that was still popular despite being turn-based.
>>
Is there a way to disable the Armor of the Damned in HoMM 3 or do I have to play without SoD (which is required for the HD patch)?

That artifact is simply far too easy to create compared to its absurd power.
>>
>>3782585
If memory severs right map editor allows for that
If not, i'm almost positive you can forbid it if you are playing WoG.
>>
Is there a reason to use HD patch if you play at 800x600 anyways?
>>
>>3783063
Holy shit yes. It adds so much functionality.

https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/eng/description/extended-ui
>>
>>3783063
Yes, the quality of life improvements alone are a godsend. Especially the UI improvements that load towns and battles instantly, and pickups being instant, which saves a lot of sanity over longer games, especially timed ones.
>>
HotA 1.5 is gunna have RMG Template editor.
With graphic interface.
And sensible level of intuitive mechanics.
Ho boy.
>>
>>3783291
So I wont have to fuck about with text files to make templates? Thank fuck. Templates are so fucking petty it's like digital autism.
>>
Does HotA add any campaigns? I couldn't find any information on that on their site.
>>
>>3783345
It does
>>
>>3783291
Have they announced a release date?
>>
>>3783984
Was supposed to be last month, but its been delayed with no new date set.
>>
>>3783984
SoonTM
or
It'sdonewhenit'sdone
>>
fuck
>>
>>3784439
I never noticed how fucking smug that eagle is
And you know what - Skill system is one of a few things i REALLY miss from Heroes V. It was functional, intricate (even though existence of soopah skill kind of took away from planning) and actually fun to use.
>>
>>3784439
> Not using the HD mod.

It's not too bad, you got it on your 4th hero.
>>
>>3784486
I do have HD mod but I play on a CRT so there's really no reason to go above 800x600 since they make the battle screens smaller.
>>
>>3784459
Most super skills are not so important.

In the old skill tree of the base game and HoF the ones to aim for are Urgash Call, Howl of Terror and Absolute Protection.

In the new ToE skill tree Nature's Luck, Rage of Elements and Urgash Call (even tough it leaves you without the allmighty Mass Slow) are the good ones while the others have too many suboptimal prequisties.
>>
>>3784439
Nobody gives a shit about Mirlanda
>>
>>3761360
id bet money it's a gnome
>>
File: m339rr0.png (10KB, 140x228px) Image search: [Google]
m339rr0.png
10KB, 140x228px
>>3785213
>>
Is HOMM 6 or 7 worth playing? I played every other HOMM.
>>
>>3785575
>6
Kind of. Sanctuary is fun faction.
>7
Hell naw
>>
>>3785575
see
>>3765361
>>
>>3761857
Archers and crossbowmen? WTF why not a monk instead?
>>
>>3786091
Too similar to the druids I guess. I'm not very happy with the crossbowmen either though.
>>
>>3786252
Well shit, guess we better remove either swordsmen or pikemen too. Don't need two melee units like that.
>>
File: homm2_sprites.png (62KB, 399x590px) Image search: [Google]
homm2_sprites.png
62KB, 399x590px
>>3786357
they're not removing anything just filling in the gaps
>>
>>3785575
I'd say 6 is but keep in mind that its HoMM in name only.
>>
>>3785348
Melee?
>>
File: 6p5lYl3.gif (10KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
6p5lYl3.gif
10KB, 100x100px
>>3786607
looks like a point blank magic attack so yes
>>
Is HoMMIV similar to Age of Wonders 1?
>>
>>3786760
Armies can walk and battle without heroes, heroes actually fight...guess it is like AoW games, without global spells.
>>
>>3765853
I think the second one where you're up against 3 castles that can teleport right into your base was brutal. I dialed the difficulty down to pawn to beat it. Granted, I still hadnt worked out how magic works and what spells are good, but the fact that you have 1 base, a long way to move to get to their camp while they can one-way teleport to you fucked my shit up good. Not to forget the triple spawn rate compared to yours.
>>
Creature Quest is out of soft launch. Did anyone actually play it? Does JVC still got it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqgXUrBQ0PY
>>
File: DOSBox_2017-02-09_00-57-08.png (314KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DOSBox_2017-02-09_00-57-08.png
314KB, 640x480px
Which one?
>>
>>3788942
Man, it really sucks Archie did nothing of note after he was freed.
>>
>Barbarian brothers
HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO WIN THIS.
I'm actually getting angry.
>>
Which version of HoMM2 is better, DOS or Windows?
>>
>>3789673
DoS but not by much. Cities have different music. I've had occasional balance bugs in the Windows version on some of the expansion maps when the AI gets Dimension Door and wrecks your shit because they can skip keymaster tents.
>>
>>3790109
Did you do any tweaks to DOSbox?
>>
>>3790169
No, the GoG install is the DoS one. I also have an old CD from like 20 years ago for Windows.

I can't confirm the AI abuses were fixed, but the patch version in the DoS version is later than the one I have for Windows.
>>
>>3790531
Let me rephrase that. The versions of the DOS one are later in the GoG installers. The Windows version matches the one I bought forever ago. My guess is that this fixed the AI cheese but I haven't played enough of the expansions (would take 3 or so of every campaign to be sure), since it doesn't come up unless they find Dimension Door in the first place.
>>
>>3785575
Not really. You're better off playing another series instead of low budget cash-ins.
>>
File: 1486779749082.png (88KB, 279x403px) Image search: [Google]
1486779749082.png
88KB, 279x403px
>>3788982
The important thing is that he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>3788942
The one that sounds like a human being and not some sort of talking Jesse Jackson nose.

Fuck Roland and his stupid voice.
>>
>>3792440
Catherine definitely wears the pants in their relationship.
>>
Is HoTA 1.5 out yet?
>>
Has anyone here had issues with sound popping for HoMM2 in DOSbox? It's really annoying.
>>3793370
Nope.
>>
File: archie.png (146KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
archie.png
146KB, 640x480px
>>3793378
Anyone? I'm tempted to dig out an old PC and turn it into a Windows XP gaymen machine if this keeps giving me issues.
>>
>>3793964
>>3793964
I do. Also teleport sound is all fucked up and makes me go deaf.
>>
>>3794000
I'm gonna keep fucking around with the windows and dosbox versions until I get it working.
>>
Are some units in this game completely garbage. I started the campaign on easy and am shocked at how terribly I'm doing. Battle Gnomes or whatever are the only units not getting destroyed.

Fuck you, useless centaurs.
>>
>>3794418
Battle Dwarves you mean? I'm guessing you're playing Shadow of Death which is actually a prequel to the original campaign. Do Restoration of Erathia first.
>>
>>3794418
You're just playing it wrong. They are fast and got decent stats.
>>
>>3794465
This you gotta get elves early on then turn them into grand elves for those double shots. Also learn to use wait and defend and try to minimize losses between battles.
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-11_20-23-36.png (124KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-11_20-23-36.png
124KB, 640x480px
Okay I managed to fix the sound popping by using the Windows version instead of DOSbox. The intro campaign cutscene has a few stutters but there's no annoying pops ingame which is much better than before. Now I just need to figure out how to take proper screenshots.
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-11_20-31-02.png (194KB, 648x526px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-11_20-31-02.png
194KB, 648x526px
>>3794558
It works fine if I hit f4 to go into windowed mode. Not the most elegant solution but it works.
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-11_21-04-32.png (270KB, 648x526px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-11_21-04-32.png
270KB, 648x526px
>>3794582
Also music starts from the beginning when you change screen but it's a small price to pay.
>>
I was really surprised to see homm2 work without flaws when I installed it from my 20 year old CD onto Windows 7 last year.
>>
>>3794671
I think if your operating system was any newer you would already have problems with it.
>>
>>3794671
7 was always good about compatibility. Microsoft seems to have thrown out a lot of the functionality for it in 8 and 10.
>>
Anyone knows if Succession wars is going to have campaigns?
>>
>>3794418
>Are some units in this game completely garbage
No, just situational.
Battle Dwarves, for instance, are usually not that good because you rarely need a tier 2 slow tank walker. They're theoretically good for protecting your archers, but you usually leave them at home to make your army more mobile.

Now if you have a template that starts you off near like 3-4 Dwarf Dwellings, you could totally make a formidable fighting force, you could go for it.

And Centaurs are among the best level 1 units because they're fast and have a decent attack, you can amass a lot of them and one-shot stacks or you can block archers with them. You use level 1 units for building yourself up and expanding, they require careful micro to not die, and they're supposed to go obsolete in a few weeks (unless they're Skeletons).

As Rampart, your core should be rushing Unicorns + Castle. 6 Unicorns week 2 are a fighting force of their own and with Grand Elf support will murder everything.
>>
File: 1464551404132.jpg (60KB, 693x663px) Image search: [Google]
1464551404132.jpg
60KB, 693x663px
Are there any fix to make HOMM6 not lag on modern computers?
On my 2013 laptop it was working fine at 60 FPS
On my 2017 laptop it's stuck at 15 FPS, no matter the resolution/effects settings etc

Do you guys know if I need to change something specific?
>>
>>3794558
vaporwave as fuck
>>
>>3795114
Yes, read the forum.
>>3780508
>>
>>3794418

Not really, they all have uses.

The best strategy is to use shooters as early as possible and later transition to more powerfull units. 1-3 tier units are pretty much meatshield fodder.
>>
>>3795309
Completely this. As a new player focus on getting ranged units until you can destroy things with T6 and T7.
>>
Is it just me or is HoMM2 tougher than 3? Money is a lot harder to come by and losses are a huge deal. No range penalty on shooters from a distance is huge too.
>>
>>3795653
The vanilla campaigns are easy as fuck, but single map and expansions are much higher because of the lack of Capitols.
>>
do you think it's possible for somebody with no maths skills to design and balance a Homm-like game?
>>
>>3795849
I don't think it requires much math desu senpai
>>
>>3795849
Only with a shitton of playtesting. Math isn't really the main key here because certain abilities take precedence over things like +dmg and defense. As a rule, design each tier as roughly the same and then add unique identities to them and expand as necessary. Only once you have done this are you ready for a genuine rebalance.

The magic system alone can complicate the design.
>>
>>3795849
How little maths skills is "no math skills"? I think experience with tabletop and how their rules work is helpful since games generally obfuscate rules and dice rolls.
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-12_20-12-11.png (243KB, 648x507px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-12_20-12-11.png
243KB, 648x507px
Can't wait for Succession Wars.
>>
>>3796086
>How little maths skills is "no math skills"?
literally nothing
>>3795870
>Only with a shitton of playtesting
yeah, I assume so.
>>
>>3796746
if you literally mean no math skills and plan on just assigning random numbers to people (assuming you can even lay out the basic mechanics for the game) then it's probably going to be shit.
>>
>>3795205
>HOMM6
>>
>>3796724
That looks so good, holy shit i think i just came.
How long we will have to wait for this masterpiece?
>>
>>3797457
That's regular Heroes of Might and Magic 2. Succession Wars is supposed to have a new beta soon(tm) though.
>>
>>3795849
nobody balanced homm3 and look how good it is
>>
>>3797470
It's a lot more balanced than the earlier games.
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-13_20-18-03.png (263KB, 648x526px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-13_20-18-03.png
263KB, 648x526px
So for succ wars are they going to upscale the sprites at all? What about the UI elements all done for 640x480 res?
>>
>>3797481
I mean i think it is safe to say HoMM I was never meant to be balanced looking at obvious power differences.
>>
>>3798458
>Obligatory Forge post
>>
File: cyberzombie.gif (39KB, 425x320px) Image search: [Google]
cyberzombie.gif
39KB, 425x320px
>>3798464
>tfw never ever
>>
>>3792425
"He did nothing wrong" is the new "The cake is a lie"
>>
>>3795849

Sure if you take out leveling and have set heroes. Also simplify battles and damage to be like -1 or some shit like that. It would probably make the game faster
>>
>>3798705
t. Roland "my wife's son" Ironfist
>>
>>3798467
Stupid normies had to ruin everything.
>>
>>3800009
To be fair they could have gone about it better.
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-14_22-33-02.png (219KB, 648x526px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-14_22-33-02.png
219KB, 648x526px
What is generally considered to be the best and worst HoMM2 factions? Is it Warlock for best and Knight for worst?
>>
>>3800736
Wizard is the worst faction because all buildings are highly expensive and you don't get an extra income building like the Warlocks get.

Good: Warlock, Barbarian
Average: Knight, Necromancer
Bad: Sorcress, Wizard
>>
>>3800743
>Wizard is the worst faction because all buildings are highly expensive and you don't get an extra income building like the Warlocks get.

>that tier list

This is hugely misinformed and relies on the idea that games are decided by a crummy building that is not even as strong as the freaking Town Hall in HoMM3.

Warlocks are top tier, but not because of Dragons. They're supposed to be vulnerable to rushing, but they are not; mass Gargoyles dominates early game, and their entire line-up is solid. It's expensive, but Gargoyles can beat up a Knight by themselves.

But so do Sprites - buy a couple Sorceress heroes on top of her weekly growth and you will murder everything with the little fliers. Phoenixes are expensive, but not as expensive as other tier 6, and once you have them, you have the best hit'n'run tactics available in the game. Sorceress is a top tier faction for these reasons, and her hit'n'run is unstoppable.

Barbarian is only a game-winner on small maps. Lack of fliers makes any sieging a chore, and you can't easily reach the enemy backline. Trolls are a great unit if used properly for their regen, but overall, their stats are not that great.

Knight as mid tier is laughable. They are supposed to be a rush-down faction, but their early unit is freaking peasants. They have a very quick build up and could amass Crusaders quickly... but MP H2 games do not last beyond week 3, and any other full army trounces Knight. Knight is only great if you can turtle with 2-3 Knight towns for a while. Or if you can claim another, better town in the first week.

Necromancer is a strong faction precisely for the same reason as in HoMM3, and the Vampire Lord dominates as well. Wizard is a strong faction, but below Warlock because they do not have the ability to dominate everything and everyone with Gargoyles. They still have a higher chance to get Dimension Door/Armageddon and other crucial spells, which are the true game winners.
>>
>>3800852
Are gargoyles really that good? They seemed tanky but didn't do much damage.
>>
>>3801358
They are the best tier 2 unit and HoMM2 games are basically hilariously unbalanced skirmishes that end in week 2-3.

Just buy as many heroes as possible and make sure you get as many Warlocks as possible and just get a ton of them and you'll wreck, because they fly and win with everything else. Except maybe Battle Dwarves. Who are slow as fuck and nobody actually upgrades them.

For single player games this guy's tier list is also meh because if you're going to go into a huge-ass campaign, your Wizard will have Titans, your Sorceress will most certainly have Phoenix/Armageddon shenanigans, your Necro will have thousands of skeletons, while your Barbarian and Knight will have changed towns.
>>
>>3801708
What about Gryphon?
>>
Help out necrobros or fuck up dwarves in HoMM2 archie campaign?
>>
>>3802920
One gives you a level 5 necro hero in the tavern at the start of each level.
The other gives you Dwarfs Bane (all Dwarfes flee) and Ogre's Alliance (all Ogres join).

Many levels in the campaign a filled with large Ogre stacks so the choice should be clear.
>>
>>3800476
I mean yeah - i agree that faction that 5 out of 7 units are "recolors" is not that interesting and it could have been mor eased into the game (instead of fucking laser blasters for T1 units)
>>
>>3802984
The basic premise is pretty great. Didn't some of the steampunk designs get reused for HoMM4 like dragon golems? I don't know if that was just a rumor or not.
>>
>>3802987
Well I heard plenty of rumors (both confirmed and not) what the units were going to be and i don't remember any of them having mechanical dragon - although what "Juggernaut" was supposed to be is pretty vague.
>>
>>3802125
Gryphon are okay.
Remember that fliers in HoMM2 can automatically get to the other side of the map regardless if their speed is Average or Ultra Fast. That makes them a little more distinguished from their HoMM3 brethren.

It is harder to amass them, because you won't get any from the starting heroes, but they are a solid unit.
>>
File: 139483627938.png (563KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
139483627938.png
563KB, 569x802px
>>3802932
>>
After staying up past midnight multiple nights in a row playing HoMM2, I get why people like it so much apart from the art style. The simplicity of it compared to HoMM3 works in its favor and I love the faction designs. It seems to have a lot less clutter on the map too. I still prefer 3's combat overall but 2 is still worth going back to play.
>>
>>3803916
Does 1/2 damage wirh shooters only apply on sieges?
>>
>>3804932
I never got into HoMM II, I actually played more of original King's Bounty than either H I or H II.
>>
>>3805839
H2 is definitely worth playing. Download is in the OP pastebin.
>>
>>3806029
Nah, I did play it, bought it some time ago as a bonus to H III together with I. It just didn't appeal that much to me.
>>
>>3806030
What's the appeal of OG King's Bounty?
>>
>>3807151
I don't know, but i had decent fun with it. I know, it is incredibly shallow and all.
>>
Does anyone know if betraying Archibald or Roland changes anything in the campaign?
>>
>>3808081
You lose all alliances and carry overs.
>>
>>3808125
So it's hard mode?
>>
>>3808127
Basically. You take over at the campaign of the former enemy, but lose all your goodies.
>>
>>3808125
>>3808127
>>3808181
You know, H II campaigns have really good feel of being a commander. I still prefer character-focused HIV ones (of course vanilla ones), but outside of them, Roland/Archie definetely take the cake.
>>
>>3808204
>I still prefer character-focused HIV
heh
>>
>>3808212
was just going to post that
>>
>>3808204
As a less memey response I'm curious how the succ wars devs are going to adapt the HoMM1 and 2 campaigns to 3 and I wonder how accurate they will be.
>>
>>3807151
It's basic and quick.
There existed so-called sequel to KB2 from Russian guy, though.
>>
>>3805742
Yes.
>>
>>3786657
>>
File: GuardPost.jpg (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
GuardPost.jpg
5KB, 150x150px
>The Guard Post automatically adds a stack of additional units directly to the battlefield when defending the town from a siege.

How does this thing even work. Does the stack size grow according to the weeks or town level? Had like 600 shieldguards after a few weekswhich is pretty cool
>>
>>3805742
Yes, and the penalty is completely removed if you got even Basic Archery.
>>
File: King's_Bounty_Coverart.png (187KB, 250x326px) Image search: [Google]
King's_Bounty_Coverart.png
187KB, 250x326px
Is it worth trying this out?
>>
>>3809491
Definitely.
>>
>>3809491
Yeah, and to add to that, the mechanic of enemy "bosses" is something really interesting for its times. Also the game allows you to ride a dragon, and it's definetely a nice touch.
>>
File: yaaaaaaghaaghggdddd.png (440KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
yaaaaaaghaaghggdddd.png
440KB, 800x600px
>>3784439
Not that useless if the enemy has more powerful spells.
>>
>>3809707
If you already defeated the enemy army then it's easy to take his castle which has those spells in the mage guild too.
>>
File: mm7.jpg (105KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
mm7.jpg
105KB, 480x362px
Which one is the better game? This one of MM6 ?
>>
>>3809707
1. Chance to learn

2. You don't learn them during battle, you learn them after

3. If Neutrals casted more spells, and they had some exclusives that could only be gained by Eagle Eye, and point 1 & 2 wasn't a bitch, it could be okay a okay skill

4- You are still using a skill which relies on Wisdom, and Elemental skills to be leveled, to be effective
>>
File: 1279165661008.jpg (37KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
1279165661008.jpg
37KB, 600x426px
>>3809724
>that dwarf
what the fuck is he going to do against a dragon with a dagger
>>
>>3809728
He is actually dragons ally and he is backstabbing that girl with a cute ass.
>>
>>3809724
I'm in the minority here but I liked 7 better, even its dungeons, MM6's dungeons meander on too long at the end of the game.
>>
>>3809724
MM6 has better dungeons, a better skill system, harder difficulty, more content, and better pacing with you getting less money overall.

MM7 has arcomage and some other neat shit so you should play both.
>>
>>3809793
is there a stand alone arcomage game somewhere ?
they should be a free2play game with these rules
in b4 HearthStone
>>
>>3809795
There was one but I never played it. MM8 has extra arcomage cards.
>>
>>3809795
Yes, 3DO sold the MM7 version separately, but you would want the 8 version anyway. I think GreatEmerald at Celestial Heavens was working on an open source rebalance, but I don't know what happened to it. Last time I checked his site it was just a terminal version.
>>
MCSS or KCSS for my dark path plathrough of MM7?
>>
>>3809930
KCSS. You will be weak early game with either comp, but a knight can carry much more effectively. Monks don't really start pouring out the damage until 2nd promotion.
>>
>>3809930
KTCS
>>
>>3809795
I know there once was a recolor of acromage called "Ants" or something like that.
>>
>>3809970
Thieves are garbage because stealing is garbage and chests don't do enough damage to make disarm really worth it.
>>
>>3809973
Thieves are the highest physical damage dealers in the game.
>>
>>3809976
With leather armor, no hp, and no relevant spellcasting all game. They also scale horribly.
>>
>>3809976
Is the only difference (for damage output) between thief and knight that thief has triple damage chance and knight gets GM armsmaster? If so, the knight does more damage until the thief has like 50 in dagger and even then if the knight has like +15 armsmaster (which he will) he still does more damage.
>>
File: low quality content.png (1MB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
low quality content.png
1MB, 857x1202px
>>
>>3810771
They start out with a lower recovery time from daggers, but once the knight gets spear/sword master he will destroy the Thief on damage. This doesnt take long.
>>
File: meem.jpg (727KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
meem.jpg
727KB, 857x1202px
>>3810772
>>
>>3810787

This is 100% accurate.
>>
>>3810771
Long term yes, both will hit recovery cap but daggers do a hell of a lot less damage than spear sword or axe sword.

Throughout the entire game the only time a thief does a lot more dps is when he has expert dagger but the knight doesn't yet have master sword.
>>
>>3810772
Needs one more row with forge town at the bottom.
>>
File: Truth.jpg (349KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Truth.jpg
349KB, 857x1202px
>>3810787
>>
File: meme.png (2MB, 868x1516px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
2MB, 868x1516px
>>3811242
>>
>>3811251
perfect
>>
File: meeme.jpg (1MB, 855x1518px) Image search: [Google]
meeme.jpg
1MB, 855x1518px
>>3810787
I have nothing better to do.
>>
Why does this always happen
>find a nice SP map
>do nicely until the endgame
>get stomped by the "endgame" AI opponent
First Unleashing the Bloodthirsty, which is basically "hide shooter stacks behind force fields: the map" which works nicely until I run into a steamroller with expert Dispel. I guess I either luck out with Sphere of Permanence in the artifact merchants or can fuck off.

Now it's The Pen and the Sword, where I barely manage to take over two AIs before the "endgame" one shows up with 70 titans. I have no fucking clue how I'm supposed to beat that.

it hurts being bad
>>
>>3811780
You either didn't build your heroes right or you just need more troops. By the end of those big scenarios you should be out massing the opponent by 10x at least.
>>
>>3811808
I'm not sure how can I build my heroes wrong - the paths are linear I obviously don't pick Eagle Eye or such bullshit.
I was doing sort of fine in TPS despite both AIs getting lucky with random Confluxes on their territory, so I could just barely match my archangel numbers to their phoenixes.

The only two things I may (I think) have done wrong was to not build a portal of glory the earliest I could. Or pick exp instead of gold out of chests, but I generally had enough to buy out weekly armies anyway.
>>
>>3811839
The Ancient Behemoth will wreck everything, including heroes with better stats than you. Clone is amazing with big stacks.
>>
>peasant rebellion mission in HoMM2 as necro
mass skeletons never gets old
>>
File: 1408869225440.jpg (102KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1408869225440.jpg
102KB, 480x480px
>>3811631
Which game has the best necromancy?
>>
>>3812821
Probably HoMM3
>>
>15 upg. harpies vs 80 pikemen
Will I win with harpies?
>>
Matt Chat 366: Jon Van Caneghem on Might and Magic

CRPG maestro Jon Van Caneghem is back to talk about the games that made him famous: Might and Magic and Heroes of Might and Magic. We also talk about Might and Magic Online and the possibility of his acquiring the rights from Ubisoft and making a new Might and Magic game.

https://youtu.be/Ue2EvW-0oTU

>Jon Van Caneghem, The Legend of
>>
>>3812934
>>3780007
>>
>>3812934
>the possibility of his acquiring the rights from Ubisoft and making a new Might and Magic game.
TRUE HOMM V WHEN?
>>
File: creature quest.jpg (478KB, 1920x962px) Image search: [Google]
creature quest.jpg
478KB, 1920x962px
RPG meets Strategy in a QUEST FOR CREATURES.

The groundbreaking Collectible Strategy RPG from the creator of Might & Magic.

Did not know Jon Van Caneghem made a new game.
>>
File: tmp_7910-1485798520175397285130.jpg (35KB, 385x375px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7910-1485798520175397285130.jpg
35KB, 385x375px
>>3812947
What the fuck with modern artists?
This picture looks like created for an another mobile trash.
>>
>>3812969
It's literally a mobile game.
>>
>>3812895
Did you win?
>>
>>3812821
With Cloak of the Undead King H3, otherwise H4. Resurrecting Vampire Lords after every fight is hard to match.
>>
>>3812947
Why do mobile games' art seems so bland to me?
>>
>>3813021
I had to stop the game, unfortunately.
I'll report back in 12 hours, I think.
>>
>>3813139
I expect stack splitting shenanigans.
>>
>>3813139
But did you win?
>>
>>3813462
6 hours more, anon
But i think if map layout was favourable, its more than doable. Also morale can be a bitch
>>
File: 8t76543789.jpg (274KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
8t76543789.jpg
274KB, 1366x768px
>>3812821
I'd say the most FUN was definitely H3 but I like the system of H5 the most. Turning any type of unit into undead and deciding on which one to do as well as search for equivalent stack strategically was greatIf only almost every undead unit wasn't such trash and the dark energy so scarce
>>
>>3813773
Just hire lots of Necro heroes and have them visit the exp booster locations on the map to get a bigger dark energy pool.
>>
>>3813808
That's actually true. Plus with mentoring I'm betting it would skyrocket as well and if you have more necro tows then you could really abuse it. I'll give it a try later since its been a while.
>>
File: harpies.png (650KB, 802x595px) Image search: [Google]
harpies.png
650KB, 802x595px
My army is ready
>>
>>3814301
I have faith in you
>>
>>3814330
Thanks.
Though, I had to reconsider how to divide my army early, things went bad fast.
Now I divided harpies in stacks of 8 and 7 units, but now I'm stuck as well.
Note to myself: never let heroes go out of town without magic book.
>>
File: harpies2.png (616KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
harpies2.png
616KB, 801x601px
>>3814378
Oops, the pic.
Then again, I think magic wouldn't do much because I have 10 MP.
>>
File: 2just.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
2just.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
I can't. I just can't, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
It's been close to a year since I asked for advice because I was stuck in the first fucking campaign.
And I still am.
I even like turn based strategy games, and I'm good at most of them. Why am I so shit at hommIII?
>>
>>3814397
What campaign?
>>
>>3814402
The first one in Restoration of Erathia. The Castle and a few free angels one.
>>
File: harpies3.png (600KB, 801x598px) Image search: [Google]
harpies3.png
600KB, 801x598px
>>3814379
Well, fuck, moral of the uppermost leftmost fuckers made me vulnerable again.
I'd be killed if I played this battle in netplay to be honest.
>>
>>3814408
You should be able to just mass angels and steamroll that map
>>
File: harpies4.png (544KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
harpies4.png
544KB, 800x601px
>>3814416
cyka blyat
>>
>>3811631
I got this for free on GOG. Is it good? Is there any hd mod or similar?
>>
>>3814451
There's 5 games in the post you replied to you have to be more specific.
>>
>>3814518
The one that's not in the picture he replied to.
>>
Is image upload not working for anyone else?
>>
>>3814408
hire many heroes in the first mission
>>
>>3815089
I think only 4 carry over from the first mission but it increases exponentially and you get tons of angels on that mission which makes it a cakewalk. You just have to learn to pick and choose your battles but try to expand as quickly as possible.
>>
remember when people complained that M&M discussion would drive out all HoMM posting?
>>
>>3814397
just abuse carryover heroes, dont complete the map untill your main hero takes all the stat powerups on the map and all the available spells, that way for the last mission you should be able to just fly around imploding everyone and when you have a real army it would be unstopable becuase all of your stats would be in the 40s
>>
>Kreegan alliance
Fuck this meme game. I'm done.
>>
>>3815698
git gud
>>
So, to maybe stir up some -discussion-; what would do you think would it take for the series to have its reinessance? What would H VIII have to be, except for "not shitty"?
>>
>>3816026
It needs to go back to JVC and not have any publisher meddling from Ubisoft before I ever give a new HoMM a chance.
>>
>>3816026
others will probably give better answers than I, but one of the minor things I liked about 3 was the variety and amount of neutral creatures. It's not entirely what I need for a new game, but I would like there to be a nice amount.Oh, and better balance of factions.Keep the divergent upgrades of 5 possibly, but again, make it not so one is drastically better than the other.
>>
>>3816026
Take a competent gave dev and stop trying to reinvent the series. It worked with basically the same formula when they made 5, but then they kept trying to "improve" it and largely made things worse. The skill wheel was actually pretty neat because it built on a previous concept as opposed the the 6 system which was a regression.

I of course would prefer just retconning the damn thing and moving it to Axeoth or even Enroth, but Ubi was clear that will never happen.

JVC buying the rights back is ideal of course.
>>
>>3816224
>the the
to the
>>
>>3816132
>>3816224
The thing that worries me about JVC buying the rights back is that he might make it a phone game since he has stated he wants to make games for where the market is.
>>
>>3816224
Did you play 7 as well? That one is probably a definition of a cashgrab.

They tried to go for the 'skill wheel' to mimick 5 but ended up with a total abomination.
>>
Anyone know any cheese strategies for MM1? Progress is happening at a snail's pace.
>>
File: mm_000.png (33KB, 1279x801px) Image search: [Google]
mm_000.png
33KB, 1279x801px
>>3817208
Bonus screenshot
>>
M&M had one of the most interesting Lores in gaming history. I loved the sci-fi behind a fantasy world theme.
>>
>>3817219
Redo the card quest a bunch. Each run more than 10k xp.
>>
>>3817142
Pretty sure might and magic X sold twice as much as homm7 which is funny since Ubisoft killed off the RPGs because they didn't sell as much as the strategy spinoff.
>>
>>3817641
Was MMX more successful than HoMMs past VI?
>>
>>3817660
Checking steamspy right now it has more sales than HoMM7 but not 6
>>
>>3817660
>>3817673
MM10 was a flop
HoMM6 was a semi flop
HoMM7 was a complete flop
>>
>>3818487
are they really flops when made on shoestring budgets?
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-23_23-31-30.png (218KB, 648x526px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-23_23-31-30.png
218KB, 648x526px
Skeleton spam never gets old. I just fought a bunch of peasants and got 1200 free skellies.
>>
>>3819240
>knight
>skeletons
Do you play campaign?
>>
>>3819407
Yeah that's the expert necro knight you get
>>
>>3816026
Make a game with a decent budget behind it with a good amount of content and solid mechanics.
>>
>>3819096
yes
>>
File: h2roland.png (234KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
h2roland.png
234KB, 640x480px
6th mission of the Roland campaign, found this Easter egg on a sign post near the north-eastern village.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axLRUszuu9I
>>
>>3821646
Nice
>>
>>3821646
Laughed at it the first time I saw it way back. It showed how much they really enjoyed making the games in a way that is missing from a ton of modern titles.
>>
>>3815212
In fairness the thread is pretty fucking slow, but it would be even slower if we kept it to HoMM and it would fall off the board at this rate.
>>
>>3823059
I miss summertime speed for this thread. Not too fast but fast enough to have proper discussion. On that note what are some good places to go for easy XP/money in MM7? I lost my save file and don't feel like doing everything over again.
>>
>>3823070
Money is kill the trees in Tularean and sell them in Stone City after you clear the trogs out.

As for xp, there aren't any specific places. Just do the easier quests and train as necessary.
>>
>>3823070
Also worth noting you can get decent bows for everyone just from clearing out the trees on the main island.

You can get top level bows and spears in Avlee, which will carry you for the first third of the game.
>>
Do you guys play MM6-8 with mouselook or good old tractor style keyboard controls?
>>
>>3823805
Mouselook. It's just more convenient.
>>
File: lol.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>3823805
Keyboard because that's how the earlier games were and I just never really adjusted.

>>3824117
>Angelic Alliance from a tomb
Holy fuck
>>
>>3823059
It's even slower than normal largely because the OP picture is kill. You can't even access the thread in the catalog without pinning it and hitting a tiny box. It should get better once we make a new thread. Normally I prefer until it falls near the end of page 10, but this is a situation where the instant we hit 500, a new thread should be made.
>>
>>3824618
I'll probably dump screenies from my M&M/HoMM games just to put this thread out of its misery.
>>
>>3825089
Might not be a bad idea. I doubt there have been more than 4 posters in the last 5 days.
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-26_16-53-27.png (295KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-26_16-53-27.png
295KB, 640x480px
postan comfy briefing screenshots
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-26_16-53-14.png (376KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-26_16-53-14.png
376KB, 640x480px
>>3825224
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-26_16-53-51.png (381KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-26_16-53-51.png
381KB, 640x480px
>>3825225
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-26_16-54-01.png (261KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-26_16-54-01.png
261KB, 640x480px
>>3825230
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-18_23-00-05.png (155KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-18_23-00-05.png
155KB, 640x480px
>>3825234
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-26_16-54-26.png (556KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-26_16-54-26.png
556KB, 640x480px
>>3825238
>>
>>3825238
That seems less than comfy
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-20_22-33-24.png (208KB, 648x526px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-20_22-33-24.png
208KB, 648x526px
>>3825398
peasant revolts are always comfy
>>
HoMM I/II ghosts > HoMM III ghosts

I remember when I played King's Bounty, ghosts suddenly overgrew maximum leadership stack size and began to fight with my army. It's hilarious to remember it now.
I wonder, how could one mix KB and HoMM into HoMM-ish game?
We already had modern KBs, I wonder how could we have, for example, leadership for heroes.
>>
>>3826103
HoMM2 ghosts are the worst to fight since they can attack on the first turn.
>>
>>3826658
You don't go to fight ghosts with peasents, do you?
>>
>>3826759
No but they always kill my shooters
>>
>>3824117

Is this due to HD mod?
>>
>>3826898
I don't think HD mods change any of that.
>>
>>3826898
Tombs just have a chance to give you any artifact. The chance for high level stuff is just really really low though.
>>
Is there a way to do a co-op campaign in HoMM3 and have the other player be able to watch your battles?
>>
>>3828410
I don't know, but you could sit beside him or both stream.
>>
>>3826658
>>3826103
I don't think there's anything more annoying than HoMM5 ghosts and Naadir.
>>
>>3826785
Pack some flyers
>>
>>3828654
Those are just needlessly annoying, not dangerous.
>>
>>3828410
Not natively, I would've said stream it like >>3828476.
>>
File: Cart of Ore.png (615KB, 1587x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cart of Ore.png
615KB, 1587x600px
Always relevant
>>
Are whirlpools worthwhile for easy transportation or should I avoid them since you lose some troops?
>>
>>3829209
Depends on the map. All it does is cut your smallest stack by half. What you do is take your T1 and split it into a 1 stack.
>>
>>3829212
Thanks I never knew that trick.
>>
>>3829221
Just remember to do it every time you run through because it will kill off the 1 unit stack..
>>
File: STOP.jpg (44KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
44KB, 337x450px
>>3824618
And it's dead now. We made it.
>>
The next OP better not be shooter stacks general or necro town AGAIN
>>
>>3829241
I'm not usually the one that does it, but I could make one with the Crag Hack with nothing but Offense skills.
>>
>>3829245
That would be acceptable
>>
>>3829251

>>3829256
Thread posts: 505
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.