[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which do you prefer the most: The N64 or the PS1? Why? Between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: PS64.png (234KB, 820x628px) Image search: [Google]
PS64.png
234KB, 820x628px
Which do you prefer the most: The N64 or the PS1? Why?

Between the two, I'd say that the PS1 is my preferred console.

While the N64 is good, the PS1 for me just feels more comfy and better than the N64.

>The controller in the PS1 feels more comfortable. Genres like fighting games works well with the PS1 controller than the N64, for me anyway.
>There's more games in the PS1 that I enjoyed than in the N64.
>I don't really care that much about graphics but 3D models in the PS1 feels and looks more defined and better than the N64. Can't pinpoint why.
>It's easy to make a backup disc of a game in PS1 since it uses CD.
>I like the design of the PS1 more than the N64.
>>
I'm an RPG buff. So I like the PS1 more. This has absolutely nothing to do with specs, controller, or reviews. I like RPGs, so I liked the RPG system.
>>
Look mommy i made this thread again )!
>>
>>3733531
>>>/v/

>>3733508
I prefer ps1 graphics over the n64's.

Nearest > linear filtering
>>
Are JRPG your favorite genre?

If yes, then PSX

If no then N64
>>
>>3733508
>Genres like fighting games works well with the PS1 controller than the N64, for me anyway.

N64 has a standard d-pad that isn't segmented, and actually 6 face buttons instead of just 4. Too bad there weren't many 2D fighting games on the system.

Anyway,

Saturn>N64>ps
>>
>>3733508
>3D models in the PS1 feels and looks more defined and better than the N64. Can't pinpoint why.

You can't poinpoint why because it just isn't true.
>>
>>3733969
Why would you play fighting games with a pad to begin with? There are some good arcade sticks for the PS1.
>>
>>3733850
I disagree, I hate JRPGs and still prefer the PS1.

My taste: Platformers, action/tactical, survival horror.

Taking that into account, I have to say I would be missing Super Mario 64 (better than anything on PS1), but that's it.
>>
>>3733980
Well, OP was talking about the standard PS controller.
Anyway, why would you play fighting games on PS? Saturn is the way to go.
>>
N64 if you have a fetish for collectathons or racers.

PSX if you have actually good taste in videogames.
>>
I like ugly low-res textures, vaseline smear, and just barely having a handful of worthwhile games to play. So N64.
>>
>>3734162
>PSX if you have actually good taste in videogames.
wew lad
>>
>>3734248
If want to play a shitty console, then the PS1 is for you my friend.

Shitty low res textures, awful pixelation and boatloads of shovelware.
>>
The Sega Saturn
>>
3DO Interactive Multiplayer
>>
>>3734257
>Shitty low res textures, awful pixelation and boatloads of shovelware.

So... N64?
>>
>>3734395
No! PS1!
>>
>>3734395

He probably meant:

Incorrect perspective calculation, warping textures and more shovelware than you can count: PlayStation.

Both consoles were good anyway, don't be faggots.
But the wobbly textures on PS1 were annoying then and they're annoying now, the N64 looks bad on modern screens, but the anti-aliasing makes games look a lot smoother on CRTs.
>>
>>3733981
>I have to say I would be missing Super Mario 64 (better than anything on PS1), but that's it

So you're a contrarian, noted
>>
>>3734579
>contrarian

This must be the hot word all the /v/ kiddies are using these day.
>>
>>3733508
PS1 always seemed like the more mature choice to make, I've been using sony since I was 8 and never looked back.
>>
>>3733508

The PS1 had many more good games, but the N64's best games were better.
>>
>>3733508
I grew up playing the N64 and it has some great games on it

but anyone that doesn't think the PS1 is objectively better is fucking retarded
>>
File: flecowhy.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
flecowhy.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>3734695
>mature
>I was 8
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.