[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghosts n' Goblins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: gng-title.png (12KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
gng-title.png
12KB, 1024x896px
The first time I'd ever heard of Ghosts n' Goblins was on the NES. When I learned about the arcade version I wasn't that interested. I thought it couldn't be that good in comparison to the NES version. But then I fired up the old MAME on my computer. Because I'll probably never see a real GnG cabinet in its original build in my lifetime. And I was blown away.

The first thing I noticed was the music. I thought the music was great when I played the NES version but the original score of the game sounded like a real harpsichord and the booming sound it made was almost intimidating! I could only imagine being in arcades in the 80s and hearing that from across the room. Being drawn to that machine with its attention-getting sound effects and music.

Oh and it's hard. I thought the NES version was hard but the arcade version is even harder. I can't imagine having to do that twice.
>>
>>3733297
>it couldn't be that good in comparison to the NES version
The NES port is horrible, what on earth were you smoking?
>>
>>3733302
NES was my first real experience with the series. And I still don't think it's bad. It's just not nearly as good as the arcade version.
>>
>>3733302
nostalgia goggles
>>
>>3733312
You might think that. But I didn't play it until a few months ago.
>>
>>3733297
>When I learned about the arcade version I wasn't that interested. I thought it couldn't be that good in comparison to the NES version.
you are dumb
>>
>>3733343
Glad my fellow retro game enthusiasts are so mature.
>>
File: 0016.jpg (9KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
0016.jpg
9KB, 480x272px
I got the capcom collection on PSP which has the first three arcade games.
I never knew these games could be so much fun to play.
1 is good but really frustrating at times, also fuck clearing stage 4 and 5 with pic related.
2 is fucking great and my personal favorite, i still replay the game every once in a while.
3 is still great but way easier than 2, except the final stage, seriously fuck that.
Are there any ports that are better than the arcade versions? I only read somewhere that 3's gba port added a lot of content.
>>
I actually think the NES version is harder because of all that flickering and choppy framerate, that's why I prefer to play the arcade or the GBC version (which is pretty good but it suffers with the small field of vision).
>>
File: 1481699911783.jpg (40KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
1481699911783.jpg
40KB, 600x514px
>this thread
>>
>>3735270
>phony social media post with photo crop
stop
>>
Ghost 'n Goblins was one of the first arcade games I ever saw in my life. It was a pretty popular game with a great mix of cartoony and dark graphics. Frustrating difficulty, though.

By the time Ghouls' n Ghosts was released, I thought it was probably the most amazing game you could see in the arcades. Really, it's very difficult to see a 1988 game with better graphics. Even other developers, like Konami ones admitted in interviews the were amazed by its graphics and how the terrain was not a straight line anymore in a platform game.
>>
>>3733297
>>3733302
>>3733305
>>3733312

To be frank I never heard of Ghosts/Goblins back when I was a kid playing nintendo games. Never heard of it for SNES either, even though sometimes I would pour over game catalogues.

If I saw it on any lists it never stuck out to me, nobody I knew had it, and I dont remember ever seeing it at the game rentals either (ie, convenience store, tape rental place).

And the only games that stick out to me from the arcade were afterburner, terminator 2, pang and (mrs)pacman.

I didnt know about it until I saw the rom a few years ago. Wouldnt say thats necessarily a good thing but it does have pretty nice graphics.

> inb4 I was okay at ninja gaiden and castlevania but the bird levels from both remind me of Early Stage levels from ghosts/goblins.
>>
File: Dark Souls 3 - SNES Cover.jpg (155KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3 - SNES Cover.jpg
155KB, 640x448px
>>3735331

>frustrating difficulty though
>mfw dark souls gets made in an alternate reality back in the retro years, but its just ghosts and goblins with some different looks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.