[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fester's Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Festers-Quest-boxart.jpg (127KB, 563x792px) Image search: [Google]
Festers-Quest-boxart.jpg
127KB, 563x792px
>Got Fester's Quest for Christmas from my brother a year ago and didn't get around to playing it
>Cleaning all my NES carts and finally booted it up for the first time in like 20 years
>Hey this doesn't seem so bad. The music is good and the graphics and controls are decent.
>2 hits and your dead
>Dying sends you back to the start of the game world
>essential consumables like healing and anti-paralysis potions can only be purchased from specific family members and require immense backtracking to restock, and you have very limited storage capacity for each
>half the enemies are fucking invincible, and the other half take way too many hits
>Enemy respawns are completely broken and it makes just walking down the street a button-mash frenzy
>only one gun in the game isn't a broken mess and if you accidentally pick up an "upgrade" pickup you're fucked until you find a "downgrade" pickup

Holy hell this game makes me mad. Now I remember why my brother would cuss like a sailor when he played it. I actually reached a boss battle and of course I ran out of health and couldn't equip a potion fast enough.

I have concluded that Fester's Quest is meant to be an in-universe video game created by Uncle Fester. The absurd premise makes perfect sense in that context, as does the broken and unfair gameplay.
>>
>>3733234
Hi AVGN
>>
The final gun upgrade is fucking GOAT.

Also you can increase your hp bar throughout the game, but you won't need to if you don't get hit. FQ is much better than people give it credit for.
>>
>>3733667
>You can win as long as you don't lose
>>
>>3733750
Exactly. Stop complaining about something most retro games do. It's not like you have to fight all of the bosses again.
>>
>>3733234
>Helping my friend move his giant projector tv
>we find festers quest in the original box with the manual behind the tv
>top kek
>we setup a nes and start playing it
>>
>>3733842
My family had a projector TV. Thing was massive. It was actually our first HDTV and we got smacked with early adopter syndrome, since the thing didn't have HDMI and was not HDCP compliant.
>>
>>3733234
Did you play it with NES-brand NES Advantage? Use slo-mo and turbo, bro.

Also, dem recycled Blaster Master sounds.
>>
>>3734289

I've still got a sony LCD projection TV from 2004 that's 720p/1080i. It's a tank and accepts any HDMI connection converted to DVI.
>>
>>3734964
I have one, I just didn't bother to go upstairs and dig it out when I was playing. It certainly occurred to me that it'd help but I was being stubborn and lazy. I will be giving it a try though.
>>
>>3734964
>Did you play it with NES-brand NES Advantage?
Was there any other brand?
>>
Oddly enough the PAL version was optimized for 50 khz, the enemies take less hits than the US version, and your shots go through the wall and anything else that could get in the way. I think Sunsoft must have really liked Europe given how they were nice to re-balance Fester's Quest, keep it running smoothly in PAL frame rate, as well as giving them Ufouria, Gimmick, and Trip World.
>>
All you need is a turbo controller and Fester's Quest is magically transformed into a fun-as-tits game.
>>
>>3735023
Yeah, actually. I saw one at a pawn shop about 15 or so years ago.

I don't remember the name of it, and I regret not buying it. I just remember it was for the NES and looked like an advantage knockoff.
>>
>>3734964
>Also, dem recycled Blaster Master sounds.
The games uses the same engine as those tunnel parts in Blaster Master, right?
>>
>>3735361
I tried it out with the Advantage stick with turbo and it was a lot more enjoyable. I cranked it up all the way and grinded for a few minutes to completely upgrade my gun all the way into what i am calling "the rape cannon."

I made it all the way up to the third boss (the knight looking alien with the sword and shield) but I died. I missed a few pickups along the way, too. I know he's vulnerable when he swings his sword but I couldn't really figure out anything else about his pattern to exploit. I spammed him with the rape cannon and kept using potions to stay alive but that didn't work out so well for me.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.