[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: jekyll hyde.jpg (80KB, 700x782px) Image search: [Google]
jekyll hyde.jpg
80KB, 700x782px
I don't think Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for the NES was a bad game. I think it is hard as tits. But that only makes it challenging, not bad. What do you think, /vr/?
>>
>>3733209
No offense, OP, but it sounds like you pulled your opinion from somewhere else...
>>
That can't be right. This game is borderline unplayable.

Are you attempting to ruse me?
>>
>>3733214
Well the phrase "hard as tits" came from the Tourettes Guy but no. This is my opinion. I've managed to get to level 5 on it. Hope to get further someday. I just have to devote some time to it.
>>
>>3733217
I think it's the bomb guys that a lot of people have the most trouble with. I have a method of getting past them without damage or very little damage. Unless some other enemy interferes.
>>
I think they forgot to program a hitbox for the cane.
>>
>>3733583
But the cane does work. But it only works on one enemy. The bees. You can kill bees with it. I think the whole point was the whole good and evil thing. Not being able to hurt people despite having a tool to do so is Jekyll's whole thing. He's trying to get about his day without causing an uproar. So his deal is just avoiding people. While Hyde is the polar opposite. His whole objective is to kill the beast inside his head which in reality is the people on the street.
>>
>>3733961

They look like monsters to you?
>>
It's just a meme thanks to James (whose first video was just him fucking around).
>>
I find it hilarious
You can't win because everything is against you
Even the most ridiculous and mundane things
It's very nihilistic, and I like it for that
>>
the game is just poorly acclaimed as an hard and bad game because a certain eceleb shitted over it
>>
>>3733276
You have to jump away from the explosion.
>>
It's really not a bad game. But play the Famicom version, there's more varied level design and an actual final boss...

It seemed like they released the beta version in the US.

And the cane thing is intentional, Dr. Jekyll is supposed to be mild-mannered. Mr. Hyde is the violent maniac.

I love the idea behind the game that if you get hurt enough and lose your cool as Jekyll, you literally lose progress in the game as you become Hyde and walk backwards... the metaphor being that playing as Mr. Hyde is ruining your life...

I see the stuff that you fight as Hyde as manifestations of the demons he has to fight in his head to get well again.

You have to play well as quick as possible as to lose as little progress as possible and carry on as the Doctor.

The idea is amazing, albeit the execution is pretty sloppy.
>>
Rented this game around 1990 for $1
My friends and I laughed our asses off playing it
A game can be bad, but still enjoyable.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.