[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People seriously cried over this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

File: vtfnrksz.jpg (8KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
vtfnrksz.jpg
8KB, 268x188px
People seriously cried over this?
>>
>>3732987
It was a simpler time.
>>
hide shit threads. don't respond unless you are a total fucking baited loser. go back to /v/
>>
>>3732987
I cried because I wasted hours trying to level up her.

But she was a good character, definitely the best girl in the game.
>>
I cried when I saw the heroism of Red XIII's father.

I didnt care much for Aerith.
>>
Half of people cried of the cheesy cinematic cutscene
The other half because they spend shitload of hours leveling her up just to get killed
>>
>>3732994
this
>>
>>3733006
Genuine question: How many RPGs trick you into leveling up a character only to take it away because they permanently die/defect?

I remember FF4 tried so hard to bait and switch you with everyone seemingly dying only for them to come back because fuck you. Except Tellah, of course.
>>
>>3733310

FFII perma-kills some folks with no replacement
>>
>>3733006
>>3733310
I don't think I used her once in the game before she died (when I had a choice). I thought it was weird that Cloud was so attached when they had been together for like 10 minutes total.
>>
>>3733310
Phantasy Star IV. FF7 is eerily similar to it.
>>
>>3733389
Alys dies really early into PS4, you're thinking of Nei
>>
>never played FF7
>this fucking scene is pretty much all I know about the game
I do want to play it sometime, but I need to know, is it worth leveling her up if she's just going to get killed off?
>>
File: funny+faces+6.jpg (125KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
funny+faces+6.jpg
125KB, 500x625px
Isn't this scene where /vr/'s spoiler image comes from?
>>
>>3733001
Same.
Cosmo Canyon Music is 10/10
>>
>>3732987
Nope, never used her in my party so I didn't even know who she was desu bro.
>>
>>3732992
Simpler people.
>>
>>3733310
There's Grandia, where Sue gets sick and goes home. I can imagine that it tricked some people, since your temporary characters couldn't learn new elements. Not that anyone would recommend not teaching Sue any skills.
>>
>>3733470
I gave her an egg the first time I played
>>
>>3733472
I think I even gave her two. You get extra eggs anyways.
>>
>>3733470
I'd give her an egg, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>3733418
She functions more as a handicap for the really shit players.
>>
>>3732987
It was the first time a character ever died in a video game.
>>
File: 1477688448752.png (125KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477688448752.png
125KB, 512x512px
>tfw a party member dies and you never got a chance to unequip their gear
>>
>>3732987
People thought FMV games were the definition of interactive multimedia and next gen gaming.

Of course you have to remember that those things did not exist before that; only in the arcades with titles like Dragon's Lair, so having them run on a Sega CD was mind blowing.
>>
>>3733483
What?
>>
>>3733524
I T W A S T H E F I R S T T I M E A C H A R A C T E R D I E D I N A V I D E O G A M E.
>>
>>3733548
Then you'd be wrong about a dozen times over.
>>
>>3733550
What?
>>
>>3733550
T H E N Y O U ' D B E W R O N G A B O U T A D O Z E N T I M E S O V E R.
>>
oh...
>>
>>3733572
I like you anon. I hope all the things in your day go right today
>>
>>3733576
Thanks! You too, bro!
>>
>>3732987
Shit that happens to Cyan and a few other characters in FF6 is more upsetting than Aeris' death.
>>
>>3733587
I was a bit torn up when Maxim gets the crush at the end of Lufia II, though it was a foregone conclusion. Seeing love interest in Terranigma get it too hurt.
>>
>>3733579
Only kidding, hope you get bummed!
>>
>>3733001
You're spelling that wrong.
>>
>>3733458
You're simply a faggot.
>>
>>3733663
Red 13* sorry
>>
I was massively spoiled by the full page spread in the official strategy guide. Otherwise I was annoyed by the whole "welp, there goes a character you've invested in for half the game." That and furiously looking for the whole "revive Aeris" rumors.
>>
File: Ff7_jesse_artwork.png (74KB, 150x332px) Image search: [Google]
Ff7_jesse_artwork.png
74KB, 150x332px
>>
>>3733001
>Red XIII howling up at his father's body
>Tears falling from Seto's stone eyes

Hold me bros.
>>
>>3733658
Asshole.
>>
>>3732987
But Cloud isn't real!
None of this is real!
>>
>>3733472

There's exactly enough for everyone anyways
>>
>>3733476

>You don't have to tell me what happened

>But you do have to learn magic from this egg
>>
>>3732987
Sucks that the Aeris cutscene is not on the Toshiba DVD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpOCK30ehPQ&index=1&list=PLKRZrzcZOFU5EgBycX61mkSRSgsrYOW2l
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ86r8P5MXU&list=PLKRZrzcZOFU5EgBycX61mkSRSgsrYOW2l&index=30
>>
File: Jessie-ffvii-highres.png (28KB, 221x326px) Image search: [Google]
Jessie-ffvii-highres.png
28KB, 221x326px
>>3733729
Best Girl
>>
>>3733729
>"Cloud.... you just want friends"
>can only tell Wedge to fuck off
>think to myself "later on I'll come back and be nicer to this guy, this is setting up development"
>everyone fucking dies

jesus
>>
ive actually had this spoiled forever like everyone but i recently played through the game and thought it was a good time

everyone lead me to believe that ff7 is some emo cloud bullshit (including square) but its only a few parts that make sense
>>
>>3734334
>everyone lead me to believe that ff7 is some emo cloud bullshit (including square)

Someone over at Square got Cloud and Squall mixed up and it stuck for some reason.
>>
>>3733404
Nei was a shit character you were forced to use. I got so sick of cloning that bitch, she died like 3 times more than any character.
>>
>>3733484
FF4 does that to you for half the fucking game.
>>
>>3734376
Squall is asocial by his own choice, not emo.
>>
>>3734415
>Shit character
>Levels fast as fuck and gets powerful items she can dual wield
>>
>>3734334

I played it a couple years back and had the same experience. Cloud to me was spoken of as this meme-tier edgelord teenagers go nuts for but he came across totally fine in the game, I think it was the Seinfeld effect of him getting so many interior copies over the years that everyone lost sight of his actual merits.
>>
>>3734461
Advent Children fucked up his character.
>>
>>3733568
Running Mario into a Goomba doesn't count, bro.
>>
Fuck you OP. Games hadn't been this cinematic before. Get off 4chan and go do your homework.
>>
>>3734420
At least it was nice enough to do that, seeing as how your party was a constant revolving door.
>>
>>3732987
nobu's music tends to hit people home...
>>
>>3732987
having lost a parent, I think the scene where cloud thinks he is a clone and tifa, having lost her parents, and cloud even IF he was a fake still drives her into a break down hit home.

it wasn't until I replayed it I realized how greived this character was yet hiding, thust the name, lockhart.
>>
>>3734456
honestly, the weaknesses of cloud for me humanized him more in a comparison to his cold cocky attitude in the beginning.

squal was more choicely anti-social, but for me, he was still interesting and relatable, up until the point were all of the supporting cast became one bland counter point character to cloud. but that was the fault of lazy writing, and not squall himself.

I think the greater difference in story with FF8 vs FF7 is FF7 had both real life and subjective themes planted in the story and run through out it. where FF8 kept changing its own focus, never giving us anything solid outside the romance arc...
>>
>>3732987
Dem tittes tho
>>
>>3733320

fcuk u fgt i am about to blind run that game
>>
>>3734850

damn son, u think he hit dat?
>>
>>3734828
this, if you played aeris' theme over a mr. bean sketch I'd think the show was a heartbreaking documentary about autism
>>
>>3734859
he did hit her once...
>>
>>3732987
It didn't elicit tears per se, it's more of a demoralizing gut punch.
>>
>>3735018
He hit her quite a few times over and over again actually.
>>
>>3735290
Before her flower bloomed?
>>
>>3735290
people forget that... she kinda forgot that...

I always wondered if there were translation errors there, or it was just being japanese...
>>
>>3733682
lol
>>
>>3735352
What else is there to discuss? He was manipulated by Sephiroth then went crazy.
>>
>>3735407

yeah, but it was amazing how well arith, tifa and everyone else seemed to take it
>>
>>3735415
Yeah well I dont think striking woman is a big deal in Japan.
Just look at how Cid treats Shera..btw when Cid tells you his story about going to outer space and the music shifts to Cids theme, I cried some manly tears.
I can totally relate to having your dreams crushed by some woman.. I wanna go to outer space as well but my mom wont let me.
>>
>>3732987
"People".
>>
>>3735452
Cid is verbally abusive and swears like a sailor but he is not a violent person.
>>
>>3735452
>Yeah well I dont think striking woman is a big deal in Japan.
yeah, but that was where I didn't feel the cultural transfer didn't go as well...
>>
>>3735463
also, she was right about the damaged thing, they not checked it, he would have died.
>>
>>3735536
I felt so badly for him when the tank pinned him and he immediately realized how big of a retard he was.
>>
>>3732995

>best girl

Smallboobfags need to leave.
>>
>>3736196
>not into small tits on a weeb image board
You might be doing it wrong kohai.
>>
>>3733729
Best waifu.
>>
File: mat2.jpg (7KB, 317x222px) Image search: [Google]
mat2.jpg
7KB, 317x222px
>holy shit that materia falls so awkwardly
>>
>Grandpa told me that he's going away again!
>>
>>3737060
Yeah. But finding out later how crucial it was to the main plot, it's good that they focused on it as much as they did.

Making the little things so memorable is a huge part of this game's appeal, honestly. It says a lot that the biggest twist in the game (Cloud not being who he remembered) really only works well if you have a good memory of what was a nameless, generic npc soldier. But almost everyone who played the game and got to that part remembered that guy. And part of why that worked so well is that so many little npcs are actually very memorable, so that generic npc didn't stand out as getting an odd amount of focus before you knew he'd be important. He fit in so well with the rest of the game.

The man and woman with the airplane in the resort town stand out to me in particular as two very small npcs who are surprisingly memorable. But there are a bunch. I've only played this game once, a few years ago, but it still impresses me how much of it was just so memorable and has stayed with me.
>>
>>3736196
You're thinking of Yuffie.
>>
>>3732987
yes, they did. they're also heavy advocates of muh stawree in vidya
>>
FF7 is depressing.
So much death and misery everywhere and you have to keep going.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.