[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atari Jaguar & CD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: jagcd.jpg (41KB, 592x570px) Image search: [Google]
jagcd.jpg
41KB, 592x570px
Is there anyone here who owns a Atari Jaguar and a Jaguar CD? If so, would you recommend buying the system just to play the handful of good games that are on it?
>>
>>3732849
No not at all, there are so many better choices
>>
>>3732854
Is it still worth a collector's novelty?
>>
no way in hell is this worth the price it commands online
>>
>>3732849
The Jaguar is incredibly overpriced and a working Jaguar CD is astronomically expensive.

There are a total of maybe 5 games on the Jag and the Jag CD worth playing.
>>
>>3732849
I can do without the CD, but I would like a Jag someday for Tempest 2000 and AvP.
>>
I thought I'd be dead by the time someone talks about this system unironically.
>>
>>3736253
The Jag has a pretty dedicated cult following believe it or not. It's even got a homebrew scene now.
>>
>>3736416
and the Atari Jaguar also had really good versions of games with good cult followings like Doom, Wolfenstein, and Rayman.
>>
>>3734062
I don't know about avp but I had tempest2000 for the Saturn when I was a kid. It played flawlessly and the music was amazing.
>>
>>3732849
>the Jaguar and attached CD player looks like a toilet
Should tell you all you need to know, anon.
>>
As much as I like the Jaguar I wouldn't really say so at this point. As far as I know the only flashcart it has is the skunkboard and I don't think they even make it any more. If you do though
>AVP is overrated
>Rayman is gorgeous with an interesting different soundtrack
>Phase motherfuckin Zero, amazing yet not finished game, still very very enjoyable
>Bubsy the Bobcat in Fractured Furry Tails, hard as hell but pretty fun
Oh man
>>
It does have some of the best console ports of wolfenstein 3D, doom and raiden. Some pretty decent Amiga ports too. It doest have a whole lot in the way of exclusives worth playing though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.