[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made this game such a masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

What made this game such a masterpiece?
>>
Contrarianism.
>>
>>3732554
What made /vr/ such an utter shithole lately?
>>
>>3732554
>Masterpiece
>Game is just a pallete swap for american audiences
DDP/SMB2 were good games but you can't even compare that shit to SMB3
>>
>>3732573

It was already meant to be a Mario 2 game before it was made into Doki Doki Panic, you austic fuck.
>>
>>3732554
Did you know this game was Ding Dong Picnic in Japan?
>>
>>3732554
Please stop with these lame-ass spam-a-lot cookie-cutter "what made this game such a masterpiece?" threads.
>>
>what gave this game such a retro feel
>>
>>3732580
>Source: My ass
>>
Interesting fact: this game used to be called Benedict Cumberbatch in Japan.
>>
>>3732629
Bzzzt. Wrong.
My dad is shugeru meumto the founder of Nintendo. I just axed him about Super Mario Bros 2 and Donkey Kong Picnic. He told me that DDP was originally supposed to be Mario Bros 2 but instead they changed it to DDP because he hates Jews.
Check and Mate.
>>
>>3732554
DYKG Mario 2 is actually not Mario 2 it is in fact a different Japanese game know as Donkey's Dong Panic.
>>
File: 76979_1.png (2KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
76979_1.png
2KB, 256x240px
Interesting fact: this game was known as "Super Bros. 5" in chinese bootleg carts for famiclones.
It was the same game as Super Mario USA though.
>>
I was 7 when I first played it. I had played Mario 1 and loved it, but Mario 2 was such a fun experience. No time limits, massive levels, wonderful graphics and sound, different characters to select, etc.

Just a fun game
>>
>>3732570
No shit?!
>>
>>3732647
Did you know that Super Mario USA is actually a Japanese game called Sonic Adventure 2
>>
>>3732554
Tight controls with a new game mechanic, interesting world filled with vibrant colors and a great soundtrack, at least that's how I feel.
>>
>>3732580
>you austic fuck.
>>
I'm not the only one reporting these threads, right?
>>
>>3732696
For what?
>>
>>3732714
for being shitpost b8 like "what did he mean by this" and "now that the dust has settled" threads
you have /v/ for that bullshit
>>
>>3732730
You need to have mods for that to work, right?
>>
DID YOU KNOW
>>
>>3732573
>Game is just a pallete swap for american audiences
WHATTTTTTTT?????????????

Tell me more!
>>
File: tmp_17125-mybait1893491489.png (838KB, 998x976px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_17125-mybait1893491489.png
838KB, 998x976px
>>3732554
>>
DID YOU KNOW
>>
>>3732554

Different characteristics between selectable characters.
>>
>>3732554
Serious question
Would Doki Doki Panic become a big franchise like Mario if it didn't get Mario-ized?

I love all the shy guys, subcon, ninjis, birdo, and overall setting of this weird game, but would they all disappear if it wasn't thanks to Mario?
>>
Best version of the game, the Donkey Dickhole Hispanic! was an amazing game but it was a promotional game for some shitty Fuji TV fall lineup of new seasons of their TV shows.

Nintendo rereleased it in Japan as Super Mario USA and it's now canon. Not to mention the American version is superior to the Japanese in almost every way.

Suck it weeaboos.
>>
>>3732850
Like dust in the wind.
Look at other great NES and SNES games that didn't get recognition.
Ufouria for example. Metroid, only not shitty. But still no recognition.
>>
>>3732730
I got a 24 hour global ban the other day for confronting the mods with this, specifically suggesting the mods themselves are posting them to increase reply counts and/or make a case for killing the board
>>
Did you know that Donkey Kong went on a picnic?
>>
>>3733149
ACTUALLY wasn't it BANJO who went on a picnic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIbIldA2c1s
>>
>>3732554
The fact that it was not actually a mario game... In fact, the real Super Mario bros 2 was considered "too difficult" to be released in the states, so they simply ripped the game "Doki Doki" and gave it Mario skins.... Actually, the famous "Shy Guy" was originally from Doki Doki as well, but later became part of the Mario copyright because of SMB2's success.
>>
>>3733192
why is she such a shy guy?
>>
>>3732850
Maybe.

But like >>3732863 said, it became Mario because of licensing issues. Nintendo don't own the four main characters.
>>
File: advanced saltmining.jpg (113KB, 600x287px) Image search: [Google]
advanced saltmining.jpg
113KB, 600x287px
>>3732554
>>3732570
>>3732618
>>3732629
>>3732660
>>3732673

OMG all the fucking salt here
>>
>>3733231
That's actually pretty hot.
>>
>>3733231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8St3HAwJOYU
>>
>>3732569
What the hell are you talking about? It was one of the best-selling games on the NES. There is nothing "contrarian" about liking it. You'd realize this if you had been alive when the NES was still popular.
>>
>>3734295
well yea, it's minus 8
>>
>>3732554
Did you guys know this is just a remake of Doki Doki Panic originally released in Japan?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.