[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me figure out the name of an old PC game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

The game ran on Windows and installed via disc. I think I played it during the XP era but it may have been available earlier or compatible with earlier systems.

You were an investigator (I think) who went through space searching for someone. You chose X/Y coordinates of the solar system to travel to different destinations.

You started at three apartment building I believe, looking for the guy. His apartment has been abandoned and his super seemed rather annoyed.

*SPOILERS*
In the end you send his spaceship into a black hole you discovered during your quest.
*END SPOILERS*

It may be part of a series and was mostly point and click iirc. It had basic 2d graphics and showed just a landscape (usually buildings) and a few things you could click on. You'd ring doorbells and ask people questions, maybe get some items from them. If it helps I think the main character's name might have been in the title. You had a spaceship and so did your enemy. Your space ship MAY have been damaged at some point and you might have needed to collect materials to fix it.

As I recall the backdrops were kind of Dr. Suessy, and the characters were more doodly or humorous than "realistic", for lack of a better term. Think cartoons. What I am positive about is that during the ending you hack into his ships controls or something and thus send him into a black whole you either discovered or heard rumors of earlier. Speaking of which, it was kind of a learning/brain game. You found clues and had to put 2+2 together, but as I recall some things were in shades of grey and you had to read between the lines. I believe it was probably released around 2000-2005.

As such it had mystery elements. You were like a p.i. or a cop or a sleuth or something.
>>
>>3731065
lol there's so many educational games they're a bitch and it blows my mind that people in their 20s were playing basic addition games in 2005. I fuck girls in their 20s.
>>
>>3731085
http://www.whatwasthatgame.com/PC/Detective-game-that-took-place-in-space--Mysterypoint-and-clicktext-based_238

Basic algebra, maybe. It was also pretty esoteric compared to Math Blaster and shit like that, IIRC.
>>
>>3731085
I don't have sex because it will never make me happy.
>>
>>3731453

Faggot.
>>
>>3731085
I don't have sex because girls will not talk to me.
>>
>>3731509
Pretty sure you guys are on the wrong board...
>>
>>3731509
I'd prefer most of the girls I have sex with not to talk because they're fucking stupid
>>
>>3731508
Gay people also have sex anon.
>>
>>3731717
gross
>>
>>3731085
Oh god, feeble files had so many references to this game. That is so cool. I had no idea.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.