[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just recently found my old Blue version, but every pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: corruptedblueversion.png (190KB, 620x558px) Image search: [Google]
corruptedblueversion.png
190KB, 620x558px
I just recently found my old Blue version, but every pokemon sprite is a black box. I tried replacing the battery, but it still does not save the file and i still have the problem with the sprites. does anyone have a solution to this problem? is my cartridge permafucked?
>>
>>3730780
The problem is with the SRAM. Someone on GameFAQs had a similar issue but fucked up installing the new chip. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/198314-pokemon-yellow-version-special-pikachu-edition/74205973 With steadier hands you might be alright.
>>
>>3730795
i'll look in to this, thank you.
>>
>>3730780
Can you take pics of what you're seeing? I'm intrigued.
>>
>>3730834
basically what is in the pic on my first post, i just did that in paint, i dont have my gameboy with me (posting from work, whoops) but if this thread is still up when i get home i can add pictures.

seems like its a fairly common problem, i'm going to try and replace the SRAM like >>3730795
suggested, there's a video of the exact problem i'm having, but on Yellow version, if you are interested in seeing the issue.
>>
>>3730780
cool creepy pasta
>>
>>3730795

This dude actually desoldered his fucking RAM and posted the pictures to prove how fucking dumb he is.

"That makes alot of sense. I am going to order the SRAM and replace it"

Jesus Christ, that's hilarious, I'm fucking dying.
>>
>>3730869
Why would this not work?
>>
>>3730869
>I will update one last time when I attempt the put the new SRAM chip in even.

he never updated. did he died?
>>
>>3730872

Give me a reason why it would.

Hard mode: Random fuck on GameFAQs with 20 posts is not a credible source
>>
>>3730885
i dont know shit about hardware, i was hoping you'd have something useful to say.
>>
>>3730885
GameFAQs only tracks active posts and has done so since the message boards opened. Not all-time posts.
>>
>>3730892

Well we were hoping you would provide more information instead of here is a shitty picture you made in paint and a video of somebody else who has the same problem but not really because it's a different game
>>
>>3730914
All pokemon sprites are replaced with black boxes, its pretty much that. the game will also not hold save data after being turned off, even after i replaced the battery. I can post pictures later if needed. I believe it is the SRAM because that holds the save data for the game along with the sprites for the pokemon.
>>
Could be so many things man. Like for example the moron in in the GameFAQ post obviously tried to "clean" his pins with sandpaper ruining them forever.
>>
>>3730780
Probably safer just buying a Chinese repro at this point man
>>
>>3730919
Before you go cutting apart your cart, test the voltage across the battery. If it's out of spec, replace it. If it checks out, remove it for a bit, and then reinstall.

What probably happened is that your battery is good, but somehow your save got corrupted. By removing the battery, you'll allow the SRAM to clear to its initial state. Should work after that.

It is highly, highly unlikely that your SRAM is damaged. The only way I could see that happening is some nasty ESD or taking your cart for a swim in acid.
>>
>>3730965
>>3730968

yeah i'll probably end up buying a repro cart and swapping the internals. i can't stand the reproduction GAME cartiridges.
>>
>>3730974

>How counterfeit GB carts end up on the market
>>
>>3731003
i have no plans on reselling it, but yeah its a pretty shitty thing to do
>>
File: 1476502360683.jpg (113KB, 363x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476502360683.jpg
113KB, 363x600px
>it was about that time Ash realized the universe he had been living in was nothing more than a simulation
>>
>>3731230
>Ash
>>
>>3730780
oh shit dr oak is calling you to. Just play the game until you get to lavendar town then just turn it off forever
>>
>>3730780
Sounds like you have a bootleg that doesn't support saves. Since you're too retarded to post an actual picture of anything I'm guessing you're too retarded to tell the difference between that and an original.
>>
Since it isn't worth its own thread I'll ask this question here:

Would it be possible to-
> Take an original Gen 1 cartridge
> Hook it up to a PC with one of those old third party cables and create a ROM image of your save file
> Use SD card magic to play that file on a hacked 3DS via the eShop copy of Red / Blue
> Transfer your original 1997 mons to Sun / Moon via the in-game tool and preserve your original 20 year old Pokemon for future generations
>>
>>3735026
Probably. Or something similar. Or you could just become l33t haxor.
>>
Spooky.
>>
>>3735026
Yes.
>>
>>3730780
It's haunted. Please for the love of god get rid of it before Red starts bleeding hyper realistic blood from his eyes while the theme plays backwards.
>>
Same thing happened to me when I replaced the SRAM chip in my modded yellow version with an FRAM chip to get rid of the need of a battery.
This problem (or a similar one where all sprites are just a corrupted pile of pixels) happens when the RAM chip is not properly connected to the board (anymore).
I guess in your case it might be happening because of a cold solder joint since you didn't do anything to it. The chances that the SRAM chip itself is dying is really really low compared to the chances of a cold solder joint.
I'd suggest you reflow all the pins. That should get rid of the problem
>>
>>3738950
Did you do this mod when you were new to soldering?
>>
File: h03jcOm.jpg (729KB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
h03jcOm.jpg
729KB, 2160x3840px
>>3738952
I don't think you can properly judge how fiddly this soldering job was from the photo mr. smartass.
Soldering to every single pin separately with the tiny pitch of 1.27 mm isn't exactly an easy task.
How about you show me some of your work?

Posting the image one more time, since I forgot to add it back after editing my text
>>
>>3735026
it's possible
>>
>>3738961
10/b8
No one could really be so stupid to brag about such shit. Or has /neov/ reached a new low?
>>
>>3738961
Dear Christ.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.