[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What NES/Famicom games conjure the best atmosphere? Interpret

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: NES_Castlevania_3.png (3KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
NES_Castlevania_3.png
3KB, 256x240px
What NES/Famicom games conjure the best atmosphere?
Interpret 'atmosphere' however you want
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1528x2100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1528x2100px
Faxanadu
>>
All electronics create some quantity of ozone
>>
File: R7038XX.jpg (135KB, 550x670px) Image search: [Google]
R7038XX.jpg
135KB, 550x670px
>>3730748
MOTHER always had a distinct atmosphere.
>>
>>3730748
shadowgate
>>
>>3730760
MOTHER/EB:B has a profoundly moving atmosphere. Music, locales, characters, it's crazy for an NES/FC game/
>>
>>3730748
POW
Jaws
Tiny Toons
Ironsword.
>>
>>3730753

> Those scenarios
> That music

My nigga.
>>
>>3730760
>>3732234

I love MOTHER but I seriously don't think it's got half the atmosphere that the fanbase thinks it does. At least not until the very last moments of the game that is.
>>
The only problem with this game is that it is too short. Can you imagine what RCR would have been like if:

>you could take a train to different cities, or go exploring in the country GTA-style
>customize a gang of your own, train and buy equipment for them
>build and develop a hangout in a variety of places, equip it with training gyms, jukeboxes, and other stuff to make it look awesome
>do quests for store owners and other people in the city to unlock new items
>enemies actually came equipped with pic related - and even weirder stuff, like the things purchased in the mystery shop
>buy more clothing and customize your peeps, so you have the best looking *and* the toughest guys around
>get any variety of vintage cars
>fight in tournaments for prizes and prestige
>get a sandwich named after you at the burger joint

It's a platformer, and a beat-em-up, and an RPG. River City Ransom was Grand Theft Auto before GTA was even a thing.
>>
>>3730748

BATMAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQJvFPQL4Q8
>>
>>3730754
>>
File: trump kek.png (521KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
trump kek.png
521KB, 1024x1024px
>>3730754

> mfw they worry about the ozone hole
> they should send NEETs to antarctica to play video games and restore it
> they wont bother anybody and they'll be just fine down there
> they dont like being around other people anyway, except themselves.
>>
>>3733132
>enemies actually came equipped with pic related
They're supposed to be school delinquents not ganstas.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.