[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss controllers for emulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (46KB, 924x629px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46KB, 924x629px
So, if I fucked up and I should buy something else this is the time to tell me to cancel anons, I got sick of the shitty x360 d-pad.

Also we can discuss of the best controllers for emulation here
>>
Xbox One's controller is basically the Xbox 360 controller with a D-pad that isn't garbage.

It also has native support on Windows 7 and onward. Plug and play.
>>
I just buy (insert system controller) to usb
>>
>>3730321
I see, but is pretty expensive

>>3730327
I'm not gonna buy one controller per system that I'm going to emulate, I just want a dpad that isn't garbage
>>
Why do you need a turbo FC controller? Isn't the SFC style enough for you?
>>
>>3730238
That's a lot of money for a Buffalo controller. I got one last year for $11.

If you're willing to pay $20, just get the 8BitDo SFC30. Greatest third party controller ever.
>>
>>3730238
they are garbage controllers
dont feel like original at all
>>
File: 20170110_170352.png (262KB, 458x758px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_170352.png
262KB, 458x758px
>>3730402
I'm not buying a controller I'm buying a $6 cord. Right now I have cords that plug my actual SNES/NES/Genesis controllers into a matching port with the other end being usb.
>>
File: genesis8button.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
genesis8button.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
Six face buttons plus L and R shoulder buttons. Also turbo.
>>
>>3730425
It's got the features but how's the feel?
>>
>>3730551
Feels pretty good. Nothing I can find wrong with it.
>>
>>3730425
Ehhhh, I see a rolling D pad. Try playing Tetris Attack or anything else that requires precision with that thing and tell me how it goes.
>>
>>3730321

not quite, the 360 controller feels like cheap crap overally, xbone controller has much better buttons (especially triggers) and the feel of the plastic and quality is improved

>>3730414

also true, they don't compare to nintendo hardware

overally, buffalo is quite ok for its low price, but it does feel cheap, it depends on a budget OP - if you can fork over more, I'd recommend dualshock 2 + adapter, then xbone
>>
You can take most of these clone controller PCBs and swap them with a genuine controller shell and in most cases genuine button rubbers.
>>
>>3730663
I got a NES usb controller and the pcb is so small and has a hole for a screw to hold it to the controller, that in pictures the original NES pad doesnt have.
Also the dpace is slightly different, is there any way to tell if a nes usb controller has the same shape stuff inside?

Hell is there an actual good nes usb controller for $10 or less.
>>
>>3730406
The 8bitdo stuff is all $30 and up now anon
>>
None of the third party solutions have ever been as good as the originals, not even 8bitdo or buffalo

Your best bet is a modern controller (ps4, xbone and wii u pro are all excellent controllers) or a USB adapter for one of your old controllers

You can find plenty of cheap adapters, but if you want the best value for your money you want to get retroUSB
http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=21
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.