[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Showing Off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.jpg (71KB, 497x519px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
71KB, 497x519px
Do people just wanna buy certain games BECAUSE they're expensive?
I don't get what imaginary friends they are trying to impress here
>>
If you have a lot of money why not just go to ebay where all the fucks who bought it last year for $100 will try to sell it to you for $200
>>
>>3729867
Of course. What made you think video game collectors are any different from other kinds of collectors? That's what the hobby is about.
>>
>I just a hard copy

I hope such illiterate monkeys don't get to play Earthbound.

Yeah, I know, they wouldn't play it anyway, it's just for shelf. Just hard copy.
>>
>>3729867
Well DUH. That's why people buy Apple products, anything from Sony or Microsoft, have Verizon, et cetera.
>>
>>3729881
yea but if you have some old cars or guns people will say damn thats cool
but if u have some old vidya most people be like hmm thats kinda gay
>>
>>3729894
>I exclusively buy store brand products.
>>
>>3729903
If you have old cars or guns you should have got them because you enjoy driving them or shooting them too.

>>3729907
Besides a few things I buy all my food at Aldi. Also lots of dollar store shit. Less money spent on that more to go to gaming.
>>
>>3729903
This >>3729910
But also, only certain people think old guns and cars are cool, because people have different tastes. I couldn't care less about either. But I collect dictionaries, which I love but neither the cars or guns guys would likely have much interest in.

The key is to be comfortable with yourself enough that you don't feel embarrassed for liking what you like.
>>
>>3729894
>have Verizon
Wot
>>
Can't you just order repros on AliExpress and sell them to these idiots?

I doubt even one of them is even aware of game cart reproductions.
>>
>>3730295
That's called fraud and piracy and is investigated by the FBI, feel free to try it though
>>
>>3729903

I can gaurantee for a fact this isn't true

People think okd vidya is plenty cool, at least pre-40s types who played then as kids. I have pseudo normie friends who come over to play my shit all the time.
>>
>>3730295
You could but eventually if you tried to do it to the wrong person they might try to fuck u up
>>
>>3729867

Ask the diamond industry, that's literally it's entire business model
>>
File: 1473629062033.png (239KB, 708x537px) Image search: [Google]
1473629062033.png
239KB, 708x537px
>>3730305
Yeah I'm sure the FBI will get involved in the big Earthbound reproduction scamming going on that's destroying the US economy, you fucking autistic manchild
>>
>>3730309

Even through these FB groups filled with normies who wouldn't know any better?

Let's face it, if they have an FB anyways and are even trying to buy anything off of these groups, they are retarded.

You can tell just by looking at somebody's profile (unless it was a fake sting acc or something) that none of these fools would even open up a cartridge, let alone have even seen a SNES Cart PCB.

Free money.
>>
>>3730358

Someone will know

t. guy who occasionally buys stuff off of Facebook groups
>>
File: ebateman.jpg (52KB, 650x370px) Image search: [Google]
ebateman.jpg
52KB, 650x370px
They want to fit in
>>
>>3730392
Bitching about people wanting to buy Earthbound these days is a bit cliche though.
>>
>>3729867
I remember the only reason my parents bought me Earthbound was because it was the cheapest game at Walmart. Other Square RPGs cost about $60 new and Earthbound was on clearance for $30 or something crazy cheap.

I had no idea what the game was about, just that it was half the cost of other games and my parents actually bought it for me.
>>
>>3729867
In all honesty, normie idiots like this are fun to ripoff. I'd sell him a repro, he's too stupid to know the difference. Like this guy said, >>3729885, fuck illiterate monkeys.
>>
>>3730392
I like this.

Saved
>>
This is what is wrong with the general /vr/ community.

Tons of "collectors" only care about value. I always see people pick up games and brag about the value of the games or collectors pick up games for systems that they dont collect because of the games value.
>>
>have mother 2 on SFC
>Understand moonrune and had fun
>laugh at all the fags who pay 200 USD for a game that's worth 20 USD complete in box
>>
>>3731871
Is there a way to learn moonrune fairly quickly? I don't want to speak it, I just want to read it.
>>3731856
I sometimes pick up games I don't really want to play cheap on the offchance I want to play it later. Like MegaMan x5. That game sucks dick, but I bought for 10 bucks when it retails for around 30 online.
>>
>>3730305
>you gonna get backtraced
kek
>>
>>3730295
You can get a $15 SNES project board and flash an M27C322 EPROM with Earthbound. It's really easy.

But, it's better to use these powers to get some translations and hacks onto a cart for your own enjoyment.
>>
>>3731856
It's a status symbol
You get a smug sense of superiority from playing those games
>>
File: 1260849353185.jpg (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1260849353185.jpg
61KB, 400x400px
>>3731871
Same here, got Mother 2 CIB for like 20 bucks, if you understand japanese, it's a no brainer because Itoi's writing style is very hard to reproduce in a translation, as good as it may be.
>>
>I have a lot of money, I pay good

You should just say you have a legit one for sale, see how much he'll offer than you'll know if he's a resellerjew or just a collectard

>>3730392
>You like Earthbound?
>>
>>3729867
Why do you care so much you fucking nerd?
>>
>>3729867
Around where I live it's like 95%+ of the people buy games just to show them off/brag/etc.
I know only a few collectors that actually buy games to actually play them but for the most part it's
>"I just got wild guns a couple of months ago, it's pretty expensive, it's going for blah blah and I got it for only blah blah".
"Oh that's cool, how is it?
>"oh haven't played it yet, I'll play it later"
I mean it's definitely a good feeling buying a game for cheap and realizing later it's really expensive or finding an expensive game you've been trying to hunt down for really cheap, but it's weird when people build their entire collection just for bragging rights.
All of the Facebook groups are nothing but pick up threads. No one ever actually talks about playing anything.
And I always see the same collectors buying the same games at the flea markets/game trade events. And it's hilarious when they bitch about resellers while they just bought their 45th copy of smb 3/Pokémon red-blue-etc so they can flip it on eBay.

It's just one of those things that go with the territory op. Best thing to do is just not worry about that shit. Smile and nod and that's it.
>>
>>3729867
Maybe they really wanted one as a kid?

I recently bought a nerf gun just because I never got one as a kid.
>>
>buy mother 2
>ditch the eprom
>solder a new mask rom
wow
>>
>>3733468
I think you got that reversed. This is indefensible behavior though. You shouldn't destroy real cartridges unless there's a good reason (like wanting to play Starfox 2.)
>>
>>3733646
You can emulate, why destroy a real game for that?
>>
>>3733468
Why not just destroy some other shitty sports game that shares the same type of board? Or just get a chink repro
>>
>>3733646

I've put some thought in to this and it's pretty stupid. The Super FX chip that SF2 was going to use was overclocked like a mofo. I bet you it will run like dogshit on a SF1 PCB.
>>
>>3734790
Literally google star fox 2 repros, theres not a very big difference between using SFX1 and SFX2.
>>
>>3734931

I think it's a big difference, you are playing the game at over 100% speed to get around the fact that the Super FX chip is the old version.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.