[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DKC3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

So why was DKC3 not as praised as DKC2 and DKC3?? It was still pretty fun and there was a whole lot more stuff to do then 2. Did people just hate Kiddy Kong?
>>
I played the hell out of the original DKC, but by the time the sequels came out I had already moved on to the 5th gen consoles.

I just don't think many people played it.
>>
>>3728928
>Did people just hate Kiddy Kong?
First, it was 1996. Second, yes.
>>
>>3728934
This, I was aware of DKC2 but didn't own it. I didn't even know DKC3 existed until much later and it being released right after the N64 definitely didn't help.
>>
There are a lot of cool gimmick courses in DKC3 but there are some absolute turds like the lightning course. Too much climbing and various stop/start movement waiting for bees and helicopter guys. DKC3 is very fun when you can gain speed and move left and right.
>>
Good game. I think the main reason people dislike it is because the artstyle and music is slightly different + the overworld. I find it unique and hold it as a positive in its own right though. The dislike for Kiddy is mostly justified though. He's not very good gameplay-wise and he is annoying.
>>
I played DKC3 first and loved it, years later I tried the earlier entries and they felt so primitive in comparison. Navigating across the overworld, unlocking new vehicles, finding hidden caves and completing the item trading quest really elevated the game's atmosphere.
>>
To be fair most of the main devs from Rare were already working on the N64 and DKC 3 was like a side projects for the newer guys in the company. And to be fair, the game is very good. Is just is not as good as DKC2. The music is inferior, the secrets arent special, the level design is not perfect, and besides the lost world, is not hard either.
>>
Mostly cause of the N64
>>
No matter the time, a good game is a good game.
DKC3 is as solid as the others, people tend to mix their hate to Diddy with the rest of the game.
>>
>>3728928
>that blue kroc in the background just flexing
>>
>>3728928
3 was my favourite. Mainly nostalgia fuelled as I spend a summer completing the game with a friend. It's a great game. Kiddy isn't that bad.
>>
The first game is easily the best one
>>
>>3728928
64 was out (same reason I barely played Yoshi Island, as I got SMW2 a month before the 64)

More important. I was sort of bored of the DKC games by 3. I played 1 and 2 so much that 3 felt like a tacked on poor mans sequel (pity for those without N64 maybe?). Mostly everything memorable of the 3 games is from 1 and 2. Barely anything new came from it, as well certain aspects (like the elephant) were junk.

The overworld was the only saving grace. A few hard levels helped too (the lightning striking level for one).
>>
>>3728928

The game was decent, but yes, Kiddy Kong fucking sucked, and the character designs were weak as hell.

Also the first two DKC games were atmospheric as fuck with very soothing ambient music, bit DKC3 just went in a weird "summer camp" direction with way too peppy and bland music.
>>
>>3728934
>>3728948
>>3728989
>>3729247
>>3729276

So the N64 got released. So? That didn't stop me from still playing (and even buying brand new) SNES, even when I got an N64 back in 1997. I'd even think a lot of nintendo fans waited a while before getting the N64 or didn't even get it at all because of how expensive it was (for real, the N64 was a lot more expensive than the PS and the Saturn even a year after release) and the lower amount of 3rd party support.
>>
>>3729310
>Also the first two DKC games were atmospheric as fuck with very soothing ambient music, bit DKC3 just went in a weird "summer camp" direction with way too peppy and bland music.

DKC 1/2 are two of my favorite OSTs of all time, but I actually liked DKC 3's OST a lot.
>>
>>3728928
Yup. Kiddy was just kinda... meh.

That and the elephant instead of Rambi.

Hard coming after 2 as well. That game was epic.
>>
>>3728951
>That rocket level
>>
DCK3 was great and I loved it. DCK2 shit...that was a game!
>>
>>3729546
Summer camp is the perfect way to describe it. I like 3 a lot, but it is summer campy.

1 scratches that uncanny valley, semi-surreal aesthetic pretty well. I think 2 is the blandest, but it is still really atmospheric.

I think the games get less old-game-mysterious as they went along. 3 has mini cutscenes and shit. I think 3 has the fewest shit levels, 1 had the best atmosphere, and 2 has the highest average quality of level.
>>
>>3730816
>Donkey Country Kong
>>
>WTF WHERE'S DIDDY?
>WTF WHERE'S DONKEY KONG?
>WTF WHY WASN'T THE MUSIC COMPOSED BY DAVID WISE?
>>
>>3728928
Personally, it's my favourite of the three. Perhaps it's because it was one of the first video games that I played, but there's a magical charm to it that I absolutely love. Just looking at the cover fills me with powerful, sentimental emotions.
>>
>>3728928
they focused too much on animal only sections tha didn't feel like dkc.
>>
>>3731034
>>WTF WHY WASN'T THE MUSIC COMPOSED BY DAVID WISE?

Actually, it is. Partly at least. Or fully if you're talking about the GBA version but that's NOT RETRO, isn't it?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.