[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Satellaview Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: satellaview.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
satellaview.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
Does anyone remember this thing? Japanese only, had some neat exclusives, practically DLC for games like Zelda:LTTP/Chrono Trigger/F-Zero and a full remaster of the first Legend of Zelda, among other things. You'd think people would talk more about this gem.
What's your favorite Satellaview game, /vr/?
>>
Most people will say BS-Zelda. It's not really "DLC" per se it was a sort of online community thing. BS-Zelda is actually a remaster of the Famicom LoZ with a timed element and live audio broadcast over the satellite channel. There's also a Chrono Trigger related story game called Radical Dreamers. A lot of the content was Japanese gambling games though and there's really no reason to rehash those.
>>
We have weekly threads on this thing for some reason. Yeah it's kinda neat but the novelty wears off.
>>
Radical Dreamers >>>>> Chrono Cross
>>
>>3728971
Wrong, but it is really good.

I've been eyeing an Everdrive for SNES, and really the one thing keeping me from getting an Everdrive over an SNES2SD are the Satellaview games. Radical Dreams is indeed radical, and I'd really like to try the Zelda game(s) and F Zero Grand Prix-whatevers.

From what I remember there's those weird ALttP games and a remake of the original Zelda plus a third and fourth quest?
>>
I've heard some of the games from this and the SEGA channel are yet to be recovered, anything worth mentioning?
>>
>>3728974
But you can play satellaview games in an Everdrive.
>>
the real question is – where are the aftermarket bottom-attaching addons????
>>
>>3729602
I looked into his and now I'm more confused. I'm seeing some stuff saying the Everdrive works okay with Satellaview and other stuff saying it's hit and miss. Anyone have any real experience with it?
>>
>>3729976
Everything that doesn't require an special chip should work normally.
>>
>>3728958
Why post something when you have ABSOLUETLY NO IDEA
>>
That Shockman game is probably the best exclusive and definitely my favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl_Uya0DXE8
>>
>>3729976
Emulation master race here. Everything works on an emulator.
>>
>>3731349
>ABSOLUETLY
>>
>>3728920
Does the satellaview have any purpose besides being a paperweight now a days? I would assume so with the service being down.
>>
>>3729981
So everything that doesn't used a special chip in the Satellaview should work normally. Very informative. lol.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.