[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Nintendo system of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 18

File: Fifth_Nintendo_logo_(gold).jpg (4KB, 213x145px) Image search: [Google]
Fifth_Nintendo_logo_(gold).jpg
4KB, 213x145px
First-party games only.
>>
SNES.

Pretty much every 1st party title which came out of Nintendo's Kyoto HQ during the first half of the 90's was absolute fucking gold.
>>
If I can cheat, I'd say the Wii.

The wii alone wouldn't be that high on the list, it had a decent handful of games, but it also had backwards compatibility with the Gamecube, and since it introduced the Virtual Console, it basically had most of the previous generation's worthwhile games available... Plus the soft modding is easy as shit.

But if you have to judge it soley on it's library alone, I'm giving it to Super Nintendo.
>>
Super Nintendo. No contest.

Original NES is a close runner-up owing to its huge historical impact, and the incredible price-performance ratio of the hardware (remember the Famicom was originally designed way back in 1982).

>First-party games only.
Fuck-a you, plumber boy.
>>
I love the experimental years of N64-era Nintendo.
>>
File: ijqzgsqfsslrfylg1v6j.jpg (273KB, 1023x1336px) Image search: [Google]
ijqzgsqfsslrfylg1v6j.jpg
273KB, 1023x1336px
>>3726489
>>3726512
>Super Nintendo.
>>
>>3726540
EAD produced some of their best racing/competitive games during N64 era.
Wave Race 64, 1080 Snowboarding and F-Zero X are all masterpieces, AM2-tier.
>>
>>3726558
SUPER NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™

SUPER NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™ is a registered trademark of NINTENDO©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™. Our federal registration of this trademark provides us with certain proprietary rights. We are entitled to restrict the use of the trademark SUPER NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™, or a confusingly similar trademark, in association with confusingly similar products or services. Our trademark of SUPER NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™ serves as an important and distinctive representation of our products as well as the goodwill of our company NINTENDO©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™. We, therefore, find it is imperative to protect it against any misrepresentation that may cause substantial harm to our business by facilitating the loss of the trademark's effectiveness.

Your unauthorized use of our federally registered trademark amounts to an infringement of our trademark rights, and therefore, we respectively request that you immediately cease and desist in any further use of SUPER NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™©®℠™, or any confusingly similar trademark, within ten (10) calendar days of the receipt of this letter.

We hope that this issue may be amicably resolved so we may avoid any further legal remedies as provided by international law and the U.S. Trademark Act.
>>
>>3726596
According to NOA's software approval process, you're supposed to use the full name of the console (like A Tribe Called Quest or A Pimp Named Slickback) or abbreviate it to Super NES. They discourage the use of "Super Nintendo" as a shorthand, even though that's what everyone and their mom called it.
>>
>>3726605

I just call it the SuNe
>>
>>3726605
Thanks, this was actually informative and interesting. You must be new here.
>>
>>3726631
I've been posting for as long as /vr/ was a thing.
>>
>>3726605
I love the "no joysticks or game cassettes" one. They totally call them that in the dev manual.
>>
Home Consoles
----------------------
>NES
Objectively the best system of it's time.

>SNES
Huge volume of quality games. Last time Nintendo unquestionably won the console war.

>N64
The plunge into 3D games led to some awkward games coming out. Most of the games aged terribly, but some games defined how 3D games would be made from then on. Introduced Super Smash Bros.

>Gamecube
Incredible first party games. Had no online and a relatively small library due to lack of third party support.
Had Melee. Enough said.

>Wii
The big shift Nintendo made to literally have everyone and their grandmothers play. Less good games, but
some real fun times. Having friends or family over to try out the Wii was a big event, and motion controls were pretty great when they weren't obtrusive. Most games suffered in some way from it. Incredible amount of shovelware.
Looking back, it was a pretty good lineup of games. The controls are tedious, but can still add some fun to the experience.
Had Super Smash Bros Brawl which was fun enough if you don't take it seriously (I wish I could return to those days).

>Wii U
The console that puts my hope on the edge. Only a handful of worthwhile games. Some of them being complete retreads of old territory.
The amount of touch screen utilization does not justify the need to play with a big ipad in your hands unless you buy a pro controller.
Smash 4 Wii U is pretty great, but usually leads to smash circles going back to melee. Can't fault a game with Link and Cloud in it.
Obviously the worst home system.

Judging based on the games made for that system of it's generation and utility, SNES wins. It has the most solid third party and first party library.
Nearly ties with N64 which would win in my book for a lot of great games, but unfortunately has too many that too awkwardly implement 3D.
>>
>>3726657
Number 3 is bull since they approved the Mortal Kombat games and none of them had any pause function IIRC.
>>
Handhelds
----------------
>GB/GBC
The classic that brought games on the go. Great for it's time. Aged not so well.
>GBA
The gameboy with shoulder buttons and a bigger screen. And way more power, and way more worthwhile games.
Could play any gameboy game...still no backlight
>GB SP
GBA with a backlight, best of the gameboy line. Still had classic GB support
>Nintendo DS
Big ol' success. Great games, and applied touch controls substantially but never intrusively.
Real portable 3D games (but no analog stick). Came at the age before every little kid had a game in their phone (cause they need phones apparently).
Like the Wii, huge amount of fluff on game store shelves.

>Nintendo 3DS
A much less exciting library, but has much more processing power than the DS. The 3D function only serves as a novelty that has no true use.
Disorienting to many, completely unneeded by most. Possibly one of the best exploitable consoles ever.

The DS definitely wins in the end in terms of it's respective library.
Has one of the best Mario Karts ever, and gave rise to so many interesting new franchises such as rhythm heaven, phoenix wright, and warioware (at least in the west).
>>
>>3726691
Also, I just remember Super Mario World had a Super Famicom logo in the Star Road map, even in the U.S. version. It's okay if Nintendo does it.
>>
>>3726680
>Objectively the best system of it's time.
It's not better than the Amiga, ST, Master System, or any Japanese home computer.
>>
File: 180px-UnsureWario.png (3KB, 180x142px) Image search: [Google]
180px-UnsureWario.png
3KB, 180x142px
>>3726694
>DS
>The rise of WarioWare

But the GBA has the original (Microgame$) and the best one in the series (Twisted)
>>
>>3726718
Oh, I'm sorry. I should have prefaced this.
I'm retarded.
Big dum dum poo poo
>>
>>3726696
That wasn't a Famicom logo, it was just a reference to the 4 special Switch Palace and Yoshi colors in SMW.
>>
File: SpecialZone_SMW.png (710B, 222x165px) Image search: [Google]
SpecialZone_SMW.png
710B, 222x165px
>>3726734
It's literally the SFC logo, but I'm guessing that's a nice cover story if they ever needed one.
>>
>>3726737
It's just the button layout on the SNES controller. Did Americans not use that as a logo?
>>
>>3726743
American SNES had gray and purple buttons, not the red/blue/green/yellow of the SFC and PAL SNES.

Nintendo is full of shit. That's totally the SFC logo.
>>
>>3726631
>You must be new here.

Not everyone here has to be a miserable shitposter. The people from /v/ that do that are the ones that are new here.
>>
>>3726743
Nope. The U.S. Super NES had purple and lavender buttons. The logo was just an outline of four oval shapes.
>>
File: Super_NES_USA_logo.png (3KB, 120x149px) Image search: [Google]
Super_NES_USA_logo.png
3KB, 120x149px
>>3726743

If you're not baiting, google "us snes controller" and see for yourself.

The NoA logo was edgier, more on par with the kind of image Sega was going for with western audiences.
The colorful Super Famicom clover is pretty nice looking, iconic and goes on par with the controller, but it works in Japan, where they like quirky, cute things. The west likes grittiness and edge.

Not saying the US SNES logo looks bad though, I think it looks nice, and I like the light and dark purple colors on the buttons, it looks nifty, classy.
>>
>>3726752
Except the colorful clover and controller was also used in the PAL SNES. Apparently only Americans have a masculine insecurity complex that makes them yearn for the XTREME EDGE.
>>
>>3726752
>>3726759

It wasn't about "edginess". It was about making it looks like it wasn't a children's toy.
>>
>>3726759
Because then most western people would say this: >>3726761

Western people associate colorful things as "kiddy".
Imagine trying to market the white Saturn to the western market in the 90s, or even now, with its pink buttons, it almost looks like a birthday cake.
Yet in Japan, white saturn = segata sanshiro.
It was a pretty popular console there.

By the way, the PS1 and PS2 logos also use the same 4 colors as on Super Famicom and N64. This is probably something that stuck from the SNES CD days. On Ps3 they dropped the colorful logo.
>>
Picking a best system is really hard.

While I like the NES, and grew up with it, I'm not sure I would call it the best.
Compared to the SNES, It's games are pretty simple.
The SNES is where Nintendo really shined and made loads of great games.
Although, the N64 was THE console for party games, with games like Smash, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark.
The N64 was also home to some of the most revered Zelda games, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and some wonderfully quirky games like Pokemon Snap or Blast Corps.
The Wii was also fun, and has a pretty great selection of games among it's large amount of shovelware, but I couldn't call it Nintendo's best.
The Wii U was a disappointment.
The controller is pretty bad and the system doesn't really do much to make itself anything other than Wii 2.0.
As far as games go, nintedo forgot to get much done, and really only did a handful of Mario games + Smashans Splatoon.
The Wii U was too cautious and never achieved anything.

I kinda skipped the Gamecube, oops
The gamecube was fun, and also had a stellar line of first party games, including Smash, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime, and Twilight Princess, and the system itself has a certain comfy charm.
However, it was rather short lived and has a small library as a result.
The Gameboy player was a nice addition though, making it one of the few Nintendo consoles to make use of their expansion ports outside of japan.

I guess If I were to try and rank them, it would look like this:
1. Snes/N64
2. Gamecube/Wii
3. Nes
4. WiiU
>>
N64 is overrated because it's at peak nostalgia right now. The 3rd party library is a joke. Even for 1st party, there's no Nintendo Wars, no Metroid, no Fire Emblem. The Color TV-Game 6 deserves a higher spot than the fucking N64.
>>
>>3726697
Surely not even you believe that, Australia-kun.
>>
>>3726805
The Amiga and ST are so far in front of the NES that it's not even funny.
>>
>>3726809
They better be, they cost 10x as much.
>>
>>3726809

The NES was the western release of the Famicom, from 1983. No Amiga back then.
>>
>>3726815
Actually, the Amiga was built largely in 1982-1983. Before the sale to Commodore they had a working prototype at Amiga.
>>
>>3726813
Better things cost more. What a shock.
>>
>>3726828
Probably Nintendo had a Famicom devkit since 1980, but we're talking release date here.
>>
>>3726419
SNES took every good series Nintendo had established and put them on steroids. The N64 is just bizarre when you remember how it series like metroid, fire emblem, wars, and a few others had no entry. NES is of course good but the SNES took most of those and just genuinely made them better.
>>
>>3726801
>The Color TV-Game 6 deserves a higher spot than the fucking N64.
Oh come on now. I think N64babbies are annoying too and the console itself was the moment when Nintendo lost the plot, but I wouldn't rate Color TV Game 6 above it, even as mere hypebole.
>>
>>3726832
I love the Amiga and the Atari ST, I really do. I also love the X68000 and the PC-98. But I don't love them 10x more than the NES. In terms of fun per money, the NES punches way above its price class.
>>
>>3726809
>ST
>In front of anything

Defend this specious claim.

Atari ST can't even surpass Amstrad CPC as a gaming machine let alone NES.
>>
>>3726801
>The Color TV-Game 6 deserves a higher spot than the fucking N64.

Color TV Game is objectively the worst Nintendo system, even beating out Virtual Boy for that odious title.
The controls and knobs are garbage, which means everything on a pong console.
>>
NES - Created the modern gaming industry, as we know it. Say what you will about Britbongs (whether it's the home computer scene in the 80's or how the Master System outsold it over there), but the NES standardized a lot of things we take for granted now like quality control, third party licensees, worldwide releases and non-shitty controllers.

Super NES - Nintendo faced serious competition this time and I think they mostly succeeded this generation mostly due to the ineptitude of their competitors (whether it's NEC's inability to market the PCE internationally or Sega's over-reliance on gimmicky add-ons and peripherals) than anything else.

Nintendo 64 - This was the moment they started losing the plot for me. The N64 was definitely an ambitious machine, but I think their entire design philosophy of the console, not just their decision to choose cartridges over CD-ROMs but the hardware architecture and the controller itself, all seemed to had been made for a specific kind of games that Nintendo trying to push. Really only bought mine for Zelda.

GameCube - This was Nintendo's attempt to recover the ground they lost to PlayStation. I think it might had been competitive against the PS2 had they launched at the same time, but I think they waited a bit too long. Also, the controller seems to had been made once again for a specific type of game.

Wii - Never really bothered to explore this system's library that much. I really only used it as a GameCube replacement and emulator box.

Wii U - Really tended to pick one up just for Bayo 2.
>>
>>3726876
What makes you say that?
>>3726865
I don't care about your fun.
>>3726841
So it's less than 2 years between launches, is that not in the Famicom's time?
>>
>>3726809
for that to be the case the st and amiga would need good games
>>
>>3726887
>Wii - Never really bothered to explore this system's library that much. I really only used it as a GameCube replacement and emulator box.
Ya gotta play Sin & Punishment 2 and NiGHTS 2.
>>
>>3726923
Same goes for the Famicom.
>>
>>3726419
http://poal.me/5si1ii
>>
>>3726931
You'd have to be crazy to not enjoy at least 50 Famicom titles.
>>
>>3726938
>you'd have to be crazy to not like what I like
Get out.
>>
File: bronski_beat_35.jpg (57KB, 560x556px) Image search: [Google]
bronski_beat_35.jpg
57KB, 560x556px
>orstreylia-kun shitposting amiga on a ninty thread

who would have thought
>>
>>3726968
It's amazing how someone could hate a company so hard that they deny any of their systems having good games available on them.
>>
>>3726419
>First-party games only
Probably N64 then. But first party games only is absurd. Otherwise clearly NES would win in a landslide.

>>3726605
>Vowels in the passwords
For what reason?

Anyway, the reason why Nintendo didn't want the Nintendo to be called the Nintendo and the Super Nintendo to be called the Super Nintendo is due to genericization.

In US trademark law, when a trademark becomes synonymous with the kind of product it is (aspirin and kerosene are two examples of this), the trademark is considered void. At that point anyone would be able to label his product a "Nintendo."
>>
>>3726680
I wouldn't say the new was objective. I prefer the Master System. Hardware wise it is much more capable due to a better CPU and better graphics, although it balances out by having worse sound and the retarded choice of putting the pause button on the system.

Software wise it's very subjective. I have a Famicom and a master system but I find myself playing the SMS more. I love games like Pit Pot, Astro Warrior and The Ninja, whereas on the Famicom I mostly just play the "black background" games that came out in the first 2 years, and don't care much for many games that came after that like Zelda, Castlevania etc.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say "the SMS is objectively better", I'm just saying I don't think the nes is objectively the best.
>>
>>3727030
have you tried the Lolo series on NES?
>>
>>3727036
I haven't, I'm assuming it's good?

I happily welcome recommendations for the NES/Famicom to make me change my mind about it.
>>
SNES is best /vr/, DS with GBA port is best all around

>>3727020
>For what reason?

To prevent the passwords from spelling bad words. Also removing O/o and I prevents confusion with 0 and l. Seems like a pretty good policy to me.

>>3726558
>Nintendo is an adjective

You can defend your copyright without lying Nintendo of American INC.
>>
>>3727030
>I love games like Pit Pot, Astro Warrior and The Ninja, whereas on the Famicom I mostly just play the "black background" games that came out in the first 2 years, and don't care much for many games that came after that like Zelda, Castlevania etc.
Funnily enough I'm opposite. I don't really much about most of the NES's early catalogue or even most of the first party output for that matter, but I really like many of the action platformers that came out late during its lifespan like Shatterhand, Kickmaster, VICE: Project Doom, the Ninja Gaiden trilogy and so on.
>>
>>3726419
if you go by first party only it's obviously the NES and nothing even comes close
>>
>>3727045
The Master System Ninja Gaiden game is better than the NES games.
>>
>>3727020
>Vowels in the passwords
>For what reason?
Probably to avoid putting obscenities as actual passwords, which was frequent in a lot of the older NES games. A lot of them were usually flukes (kinda like the Justin Bailey thing in Metroid), but one particular password in Metal Gear 1 (where you type fuckme and fill the rest of the spaces with 1's) takes you to the final battle without any equipment.
>>
>>3727047
It's also a completely different game from the Tecmo trilogy. Besides, it's not like enjoying one prohibits you from enjoying the other.
>>
>>3727060
>It's also a completely different game from the Tecmo trilogy.
I couldn't say it was better if it was the same.
>>
>>3727039
Pretty good, you might also want to try some shooters like Recca, Twin Bee 3 and ports of games like Star Force and Salamander are pretty good.
>>
NES and Playstation have the greatest libraries of all time.

Most people ITT will say SNES, or hell even N64, but that's only because the average /vr/ guy is getting younger. Proof being there are less and less NES threads, nothing ever about Atari or Commodore anymore, and there are more and more "meme" and "troll" threads.
These new young posters don't play old games for what they are but because they don't want to grow up, so they're going to say SNES or N64 are the best because that corresponds to their childhool, rather than to try to objectively look at the consoles libraries.
>>
File: sfc19.jpg (213KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
sfc19.jpg
213KB, 1024x683px
>>3727069
I started playing with 2nd gen systems and my favorite is SNES.
>>
>>3727069
I am old enough (36) to fully belong to the NES generation, but I still think the SNES is superior overall.

The NES is great, it made me a lifelong gamer, and it singlehandedly reshaped the entire game industry, but SNES improved on the NES in every way. Better graphics and sound, deeper gameplay mechanics, simply more games overall, and far fewer "Nintendo hard" games with bullshit difficulty spikes.

Other than perhaps historical importance and influence, what about the NES makes it better than the SNES?
>>
>>3727069
How is liking Playstation more respectable than liking the SNES, which is older and has a superior library to boot?

Jesus, you are dumb, even for a namefag.
>>
>>3726694
>DS
>good

Sure, if you like shovelware and gimmicky stylus shit gameplay.
>>
>>3727114

>Advance Wars DS
>Etrian Odyssey
>TWEWY
>Kirby Mass Attack
>Phoenix Wright
>Elite Beat Agents
>Mario & Luigi RPG
>999
>Radiant Historia
>SMT Strange Journey
>Devil Survivor
>Professor Layton
>Soma Bringer
>7th Dragon
>Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
>Ghost Trick
>GTA Chinatown Wars
>>
File: 51RVQ86Y6GL.jpg (34KB, 409x500px) Image search: [Google]
51RVQ86Y6GL.jpg
34KB, 409x500px
>>3726680
>Gamecube
>Had no online

But it did.
>>
File: picardnintendo.jpg (58KB, 550x408px) Image search: [Google]
picardnintendo.jpg
58KB, 550x408px
>>3726558
>>
File: denial.jpg (33KB, 374x292px) Image search: [Google]
denial.jpg
33KB, 374x292px
>>3726734
Kek.

It's also the SNES logo for almost everywhere else. The North America logo was atrocious.
>>
>>3727114
It's not retro, but the DS is probably one of the greatest systems ever made, dude. Not to mention that GBA compatibility.
>>
>>3727084
The Super Nintendo is a 4th generation console bubba.
>>
>>3726558
That was fucking stupid of them to make ads to counter the use the word Nintendo for consoles. And look at us now, nobody does that anymore.

When a brandname becomes a common name than its a mark of success and free advertising in everyone's minds.. Look at how Americans call all sode "Cokes". In my country we use "Frigo" for fridges, which is a brandname.
>>
>>3727478
That also means they loose their trademark, and the term "Nintendo" becomes genericized.

When that happens, anyone can call their POS clone a nintendo, and then the actual Nintendo can't do anything about it.
>>
>>3727478
>Look at how Americans call all sode "Cokes".
Only ultra-rednecks do that. Normal people just call it "soda".
>>
>>3726419
>What is the best Nintendo system of all time?
>First-party games only
Could you be any more of a Nintendrone? I mean is it even hypothetically possible?
>>
>>3727094
>How is liking Playstation more respectable than liking the SNES, which is older and has a superior library to boot?
And most of the Super NES library was ported to the original PlayStation. Granted, RPGs like Final Fantasy IV-VI and Tactics Ogre were usually worse on PS1, but arcade games on PS1 (like all those installments of Street Fighter II) tended to be better.

Not that it matters for me, since I take the best PS1 games over the best SNES games anyday.
>>
>>3727496
I don't believe that makes them lose trademark. Proof?
>>
>>3727557
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generic_and_genericized_trademarks
>>
>>3727443
And?
>>
>>3726928
I heard NiGHTS 2 wasn't that good.
>>
>>3727507
People in flyover country call it Pop.
We're a large country, America.
>>
>>3727478
Is that pronounced "free-go" or "fridge-oh?"
>>
>>3727618
It's not one of the first games that come to mind when it comes to best Wii games, but it's not a bad game, it plays and looks just like Nights.
>>
Why do people go bonkers over the original DS? From what I recall, the GBA didn't have that spectacular a library aside from ports. You can't get all of the same ports on a new 3DS but I'd argue a 3DS has arguably the same amount of quality games because the DS/3DS library is certainly comparable to the GBA/DS library.
>>
>>3727670
Both the gba and the DS have a pretty good library, not just ports.
>>
>>3727681
The DS has a great library. The GBA, not so much.
>>
>>3727332
And all of 3 games supported the network adapter.
>>
>>3727765
I've played a lot of great exclusive gba games, to me it's on par with the DS.
>>
>>3727843
Okay, fair enough. I'm not gonna argue with you.
>>
File: mother3.jpg (17KB, 332x218px) Image search: [Google]
mother3.jpg
17KB, 332x218px
>>3727843
GBA is the best Nintendo portable. So many great games.
>>
>>3727860
DS gets a bad rap for shovelware but GBA has every bit as much, just look inside your GBA ROMset.

The 4:3 screens of the DS feel more retro than the widescreen GBA. You're only looking at one at a time.

The SNES ports which the GBA is famous for are all downgraded trash with horrible resolution and sound.

The DS actually had good audio unlike the dirty, low sample rate junk from GBA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM_YtQYYnPU
>>
>>3726892
>What makes you say that?

Atari ST has horrible scrolling in 2D games and has worse audio than the Commodore 64 (a previous gen computer).

For the price of an Atari ST you could have bought a Sega Master System and an Amstrad CPC.

The value of the ST was as a Midi sequencer or low cost alternative to monochrome Macintosh for personal computing not gaming.
>>
>>3727976
>The SNES ports which the GBA is famous for are all downgraded trash with horrible resolution and sound.
You don't know much about the GBA library if you think that all it has are SNES ports.

>The 4:3 screens of the DS feel more retro than the widescreen GBA
I guess the Gameboy isn't really retro with it's 10:9 resolution.
>>
>>3728053
>You don't know much about the GBA library if you think that all it has are SNES ports.
Shovelware aside, what is left?
Uninspired licensed games? 4 button fighting games? 3D games which look and play worse than Jaguar games because the hardware wasn't ready for it?
I think there are more "must plays" on the DS than on the GBA.

>I guess the Gameboy isn't really retro with it's 10:9 resolution.

Gameboy is even better. The more square the display the more pure the gameplay.
You need only observe the quality of "games" subhumans play on their tallscreen "smart"phones.

GB+GBC (emulated on CRT) is arguably the best ROM library to exist in terms of sheer joy to play.

Show me a GBA game that sounds as good as what I just posted.
>>
>>3728097
>Gameboy is even better. The more square the display the more pure the gameplay.
>You need only observe the quality of "games" subhumans play on their tallscreen "smart"phones.
You need to not let your elitism blind you. Just because Smartphones are widescreen doesn't mean widescreen games are casual.

Also you sound like an idiot, because a lot of good "pure gameplay" shmups and other genres make use of long or tall screens. I wish the retro Sonic games were widescreen.
>>
>>3728097
>Shovelware aside, what is left?
Just to name a few of my favorites:
Warioware MegaMicroGame$
Warioware Twisted
Tron 2.0
The Doom ports were pretty decent
The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
F-Zero GX \ Mario Kart are both similar to SNES games, but they aren't ports.
Drill Dozer
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga

Also, the GB/C has a load of shovelware too.
>>
>>3727765
>great library

kek
>>
SNES
>>
>>3727127
>Advance Wars DS
GBA ones were far better.

>Etrian Odyssey
>TWEWY
Weeb trash.

>Phoenix Wright
Was on GBA first.

>SMT Strange Journey
Worst SMT game.

>Devil Survivor
Definitive version is on 3DS.

>Portrait of Ruin
Worse than Harmony of Dissonance.

>GTA Chinatown Wars
Ported to PSP.
>>
>>3728241
Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks
Phoenix Wright series
Prof Layton Series
Mario Kart / Mario Party / New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky
Okamiden
Bowser's Inside Story
Elite Beat Agents
Dementium: The Ward

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>3728257
>Worse than Harmony of Dissonance.
way to flush your taste down the turlet, m8
>>
>>3728257
>>Phoenix Wright
>Was on GBA first.

In Japan only, and the DS port was upgraded/given a 5th case to solve.

The other 2 games in the original trilogy are DS only though.
>>
>>3728280
>The other 2 games in the original trilogy are DS only though.
All three games were on GBA. Gyakuten Saiban 4 was the first one made specifically for DS.
>>
Fuck, I just realized the GBA has Zero Mission on it.

And Fusion too, I guess, but I'm not as much a fan.
>>
Nintendildos pls go.

This is a SEGA board.
>>
File: 1393306316832.jpg (162KB, 1424x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1393306316832.jpg
162KB, 1424x1080px
>>3728365
Don't you know that Sega submitted to their Nintendo superiors in the early 2000's when Sonic took refuge on the Gamecube after Sega threw in the towel?

You should be greatful that your rodent and the bimbo witch are allowed to spar with the greats.
>>
>>3728365
Did you know the Sega CD started as a add-on for the SNES, but then Sega split off to make the Dreamstation during the 6th Gen?
>>
>>3726768
Stop saying "western" when most of the western world used the PAL snes design you fuck. The edgy "mature" design was clearly an American thing designed to appeal to American sensibilities. Nobody else cared that the console had colour to it.
>>
>>3728470
Goddamn limeys.
>>
>>3726419
Super Famicom
>>
File: 1270207807212.jpg (17KB, 155x202px) Image search: [Google]
1270207807212.jpg
17KB, 155x202px
>>3728365
>admitting to have been a single-system peasant

Nigger you don't belong on this board, or at most you belong on the poorfag corner, just for the rest of the civilized world to make fun of you.

>he only had one either SNES or MD

Refer to pic related.
>>
>>3728658
>falling for low-tier bait
Idorts confirmed for retards.
>>
>>3728667
Regardless of if the other post was bait or not (it probably was, but probably the guy who wrote it was serious about it), what that anon says about people who only owned 1 system is also true.
>>
SNES
>>
>>3727043
>Nintendo of American INC
It's the Nintendo of America INC. You know the people of America that are Nintendo. They've incorporated.
>>
Gamecube.
>>
Super Nintendo, probably because is flawless in every aspect.

The N64 had great hardware and 1st party game, but the controllers and memory limitations sucked ass.

The NES is a great system with a lot of good games, but 90% of them are sidescrollers.

The GB screen was horrible, and the GBC didnt had any too special games besides pokemon. And lets not talk about the virtual boy.
>>
File: Gameboy-Advance-SP-Mk2.jpg (10KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
Gameboy-Advance-SP-Mk2.jpg
10KB, 250x202px
This system, I think. Because of:
1. Protected from scratches screen.
2. Comfortable display, not so bright, not so faded.
3. Many games of all genres, difficulties and ages (strategies, RPGs, fightings, adventures, puzzles, shooters).
4. Multiplayer support.
>>
>>3728668
You should be thankful you got to play any games, you privileged, spoiled cunt.
>>
NES with or without first-party games only. Nintendo's first-party games were better on the NES than the SNES, and including third-party games just makes the NES spank the SNES even more. NES has so many great experimental games that the SNES doesn't have.
>>
File: 537773378.jpg (206KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
537773378.jpg
206KB, 1200x795px
>>3726419
In their time and place...

1. N64 by a mile

2a SNES
2b Gamecube

3 NES

much distance

4 wii

more distance

5 wii u
>>
>>3726841
The Famicom, similar to but not to the extent of Sega's SG-1000, was heavily based on the ColecoVision so it couldn't have been started any earlier than latter half of 1982.
>>
>>3727114
Nintendogs is great mahmed
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.