[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr/ regret thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Seaman_Coverart.png (222KB, 302x300px) Image search: [Google]
Seaman_Coverart.png
222KB, 302x300px
Ever let go of any /vr/ related stuff and have come to regret it? Now that retro stuff has become popular and the price of games is going up in collector's markets, I'm constantly reminded of all the stuff I let go to make a quick buck.

Pic related. I found this complete with microphone for $30 at my local independent game shop and I sold it along with a bunch of other Dreamcast games I had cause I was jobless and needed the money. I also let go of Shenmue which I bought for $20 off of a lady selling her kid's stuff after he moved out, and my Sega Saturn which was a gift from an ex-girlfriend.
>>
Yeah well I sold all my games and systems when I was fourteen for weed money and I've spent the last ten years buying everything back
>>
File: dynamitedeka2.jpg (144KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dynamitedeka2.jpg
144KB, 640x640px
I never sold any retro stuff but I still remember the day when I bough Dynamite Deka 2.
Expected a next gen sequel to a fun arcade Saturn title, instead got some kind of retarded parody game with identical gameplay and ugly characters.
Loved the first game on Saturn but the sequel felt like some kind of insult and mockery towards me for wanting another Die Hard game.
>>
A bunch of SNES games including Super Mario RPG, Plok, Dracula X, Super Mario All-Stars (I got the better AS+World cart now, but still), and many others I sold for like $10 a piece back in the late 90s to afford Lain VHSs.
At the time, I'd say it was worth it, but I do regret it now.
>>
I passed up the chance to get a cheap one of these because it said for windows 95 only.

Yeah, WTF did I do?
>>
I bought Burning Rangers.
>>
>>3726358
What's wrong with it?
>>
File: p220 113753-2202p133_1b.jpg (30KB, 455x450px) Image search: [Google]
p220 113753-2202p133_1b.jpg
30KB, 455x450px
I had earned a computer, where they were getting put together from a pool of spare parts. In the supply, there were like 8 or 10 22 inch "professional" line viewsonics, which I understand they would normally been willing to let go for $10 each. Back then, I didn't even think of taking one of the voodoo3 cards there.

Because I was getting jerked around by the lackeys of the United Church (methodist-presbyterian), and the whole agenda which they were playing around with there, I never was able to pick up what I was far beyond due.
>>
>>3726237
No. I've never been a poorfag.
>>
>>3726237
Can Seaman be emulated fairly well?

Like, can I use any old headset with a microphone laying around?
>>
>>3726862
Semen can be emulated with hot water and flour/starch. That's how all the big boys do it.
>>
>>3726237
Gave away an Atari 2600 to a family member when we didn't have space. Jackass sold it for $10.
>>
>>3727402
They're not worth much today either
>>
File: P10706811.jpg (530KB, 2002x1502px) Image search: [Google]
P10706811.jpg
530KB, 2002x1502px
>>3726237
I'm the opposite. The more of my stuff I let go, the more I want to. All I have now is a couple of Saturns because emulation still sucks and I look forward to the day I can ditch them. Emulation is everything I ever wanted.
>>
>>3727246

lol wow
>>
>>3726361
It's clunky.
>>
>>3726237

Had a massive financial burden placed on me last year by my family and had to sell my entire collection. (NES, SNES, N64, GAMEBOY, GAMEGEAR, PS1, PS2, PS3)

I kept a handful of titles and have been battling with the idea of collecting it again, but I can't seem to justify it, no matter how sentimental I feel sometimes.
>>
>>3728075
Use the 3D controller, it controls better.
>>
>>3728075
>>3728627
For me the main problem was the framerate.
How did developers expect me to dogde some boss attack when it drops to like 10 fps and can glitch graphics at times, really annoying.
Also those dark sections were not a marvel too
>>
>>3726237
I was always a poorfag, so I would always sell my old consoles and games to buy the newer ones every time a new gen would start. Obviously it's something that I now regret very much, and I'm slowly trying to rebuild my collection again, but deep down I know it will never be the same. Especially since some of the games I've bought are in worse condition than the ones I had and often don't have their original boxes anymore.
>>
I wish I hadn't sold Secret of Mana and Mega Man X. I got £80 (in 2013) but I regret it.

I sold Sunset Riders for £50 as well, but I don't really regret that.
>>
>>3730552
I sold most of my arcade ports to some greasy collector fag.

I kind of regret it, since I'm not going to buy them back and will never have a complete SNES collection becasue of it, but I have all the arcade boards which are the superior versions so idk.
>>
>>3730568
I had about 150 games at one point - I sold a few of the good ones individually for good money and sold a load of shovelware ones (plus the odd game people consider good but I dont like, like DKC 2 and 3) for about £120.

Now I have about 80. The good ones I sold because I didn't play them anymore (and needed the money). I always told myself I'd buy back some of them when times got better but at today's retro prices fuck it.

Yeah I wish I hadn't sold them but I'm not paying through the nose to get them back.

Funny thing was, the guy who bought Sunset Riders on eBay was selling it on again a few months later. I stumbled across his auction, not realising who it was - I recognised my Sunset Riders box by a mark on the box, then clocked the eBay name.

He was selling this game and about 8 others in a bundle for £30 or something because, according to his auction he was now expecting a baby and had to grow up or some shit.

I wonder if he's regretting it yet. The baby would be getting to the age to learn about games now...
>>
>>3730592
I should add that I don't regret selling the big bundle of meh games (mostly shit like Out To Lunch, Dragon's Lair, etc) for £120, just the other ones.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.