[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that make you feel better when you're having a down period?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

File: woj.jpg (95KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
woj.jpg
95KB, 653x490px
Which games would you suggest?
>>
File: wah...png (223KB, 579x584px) Image search: [Google]
wah...png
223KB, 579x584px
>>3724132
Wario games.
>>
File: 3.png (124KB, 638x477px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
124KB, 638x477px
>>3724132
Harvest Moon games.

Not /vr/, but also Rune Factory.
>>
I know letsplays are sometimes frowned upon, but watching some of the letsplays from games of my childhood usually leaves me with a calmer state of mind.

You should give it a try.

Some reminiscence of simpler times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6mB8zlx88g
>>
Kirby games in general but Dreamland 2 and Superstar especially.
>>
Nights into Dreams and Burning Rangers

In a dream, I can see
That you are not far away
Anytime, anyplace
I can see your fay yayce
>>
>>3724180
Kirby always cheers me up, he's the only one who never let's me down.
>>
Sm64
>>
>>3724132
I would suggest you play something you either have never played before or like, but isn't one of your favorites of all time.

>2015 and 2016 were rough years in terms of deaths
>Every time a family member or pet had to be put down I played final fantasy tactics

I tried playing FFT to break in the new year, and I just couldn't do it. It brings the memories back. I think from now on I'll associate Final Fantasy Tactics with the deaths of my loved ones and pets.

>Everytime I get sad I play Final Fantasy Tactics... seem's like I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics a lot lately...
>>
>>3724132

Spyro 1-3
>>
>>3724176
true that

i watch AVGN on some old classic shitty games that brings back those feels from childhood.

reliving childhood memories is always good because i guess thats when we are the most happiest as humans....

unless you were raped by your uncle...
>>
Mario 64 of course!
>>
File: Klonoa.full.144361.jpg (394KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
Klonoa.full.144361.jpg
394KB, 800x560px
>>3724167
Klonoa 1-2
>>
File: Twinbee.jpg (25KB, 176x160px) Image search: [Google]
Twinbee.jpg
25KB, 176x160px
Twinbee Detana
LOOK at this
https://youtu.be/ZkD3z91Pwog?t=4m23s
>>
>>3725342
The point is to make you feel better, not worse.
>>
>>3725408
The Klonoa games help you see depressing concepts through the lens of a child and how he must overcome them, the games granted me strength to go on seeing how Klonoa simply had to deal with it, move on and become stronger from his expeiences
>>
>>3725435
Dude, what.

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil may fit our case, but Klonoa: Door to Phantomille is the kind of game you would give to a depressed guy to make him kill himself.

The original Klonoa is the most depressing game I've ever played and it's finale feels like a sudden punch to the gut.
It's still an incredible game, but man, I can imagine a whole generation of kids traumatized by the continuous player punches and the finale that for a moment makes you wonder if you did something wrong during the gameplay and got the bad ending instead of the happy one.
>>
I usually go for Super Mario World 2 when I'm down. it's just so adorable and cheerful. Impossible to not be happy while you play.
>>
>>3725568
You need to play Klonoa 1 to fully appreciate the messages of Klonoa 2
>>
File: Guile ST.gif (4KB, 128x112px) Image search: [Google]
Guile ST.gif
4KB, 128x112px
Fighting games, beat em ups. Something to feel angry and pump up that testosterone.
>>
>>3724616

For the best effect, watch the silent letsplay. These other types of shows that have commentaries, personas and a several layers of bullshit applied to it tend to subtract from the experience, in my opinion.

Not saying they are necessarily bad, but the pure experience is definitively better, to help you revive these experiences by proxy.
>>
>>3724132

Maybe Kingdom Hearts I & II
> Inb4 not retro

Or any other games where you have (A.I) partners.
>>
File: sherm521.gif (167KB, 400x150px) Image search: [Google]
sherm521.gif
167KB, 400x150px
>>3726112
This. Nothing gets me out of funk quite like bodying people in KoF or something like that. Making other people upset is the best remedy for feeling down.
>>
>>3725614
I was about to post this.
>>
I would bet almost any early 3D mascot platformer would do the trick. I think my go-to would be Jumping Flash. it reminds me of college days in Phoenix Arizona, probably the time of my life when everything felt like it was bursting with potential. The cute graphics, awesome music, and exploration are great for light escapism.
>>
>>3726360
but... but game grumps is fun
>>
DoReMi Fantasy, Parodius, Lost Levels, the kendo minigame in Kirby Superstar, Master System Sanic, and Paper Mario Thousand Year Door.
Any Hudson PCE game as well, just fucking pick one, instantly happy.
Same goes for most Taito games.
>>
>>3727434
jesus christ
>>
You're going to complete them and feel even more dead insidie at the end.
>>
>>3729143
Nope.
>>
File: Mortal_c69119_1775807.gif (256KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Mortal_c69119_1775807.gif
256KB, 500x375px
>>3729635
>>
File: Chie_Smile_Alt.png (28KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
Chie_Smile_Alt.png
28KB, 512x256px
>>3724132
P4, I have a few friends in Inaba

some day I'll go see them, but not yet
>>
File: Savara.gif (21KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Savara.gif
21KB, 320x200px
Tyrian's the game for me when i'm feeling down, just blow up everything in sight.
>>
File: fishing8276-gfs_5.jpg (28KB, 322x290px) Image search: [Google]
fishing8276-gfs_5.jpg
28KB, 322x290px
>>3724132
Fishing is always nice and relaxing.
>>
>>3724132
Not any of the Mother games that's for sure.

I'd say NiGHTS into dreams
>>
>>3724132
>having a really down period
>try playing a game I like to cheer myself back up some
>now every time I try to play the game my brain associates it with the down period and starts making me feel down again
>>
>>3725614
>Impossible to not be happy while you play.

Until the baby starts screaming anyway.
>>
>>3731663
Pro tip: escapism doesn't actually work. You can only get over being down by confronting what's making you feel down.
>>
>>3731667
So I should kick my own ass?
>>
>>3731674
No it actually probably means you should learn to love your ass.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.