[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Virtual Console

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: nintendo-vs-sega.jpg (19KB, 360x198px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-vs-sega.jpg
19KB, 360x198px
Nintendo
>No arcade versions for DK, DKJr, DK3. Mario Bros, or Popeye.
>No button mappings, meaning you have to use the actual A and B for many games, which is very uncomfortable
>their VC srvice uses filters
>Still Hasn't Released Doki Doki Panic in it's original state.
Sega (and also M2)
>Has arcade releases of games on VC
>Has Button Mappings
>Filters, if any, are optinal.
>Has ADDED modes and settings that are also optional
>allows you to switch between regional versions of their games

Why is Nintendo allowing a third party to beat them at their own service.
>>
File: jamesrolfe.png (76KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
jamesrolfe.png
76KB, 250x250px
>>3723954
Sega does what Nintendoesn't.
>>
File: 1452808242342.jpg (413KB, 850x447px) Image search: [Google]
1452808242342.jpg
413KB, 850x447px
>>3723954
Because Sega does what Nintendon't.
>>
>>3723954
M2 is handling some of the work on the WiiU VC
Sega has really been too lazy to port their own stuff in years luckily they hired a company thats actually worth a shit
>>
>>3723974
>>3723980
In this situation that's true.
>>3723983
I suppose, but still. at least they DID get someone to do it rather than being too lazy to do that and just doing bad ports.
>>
Sega is also available on various other platforms.
They are a bit too focused on the Genesis crowd. You can't even buy SMS games on Steam.
>>
>>3723996
I suppose, but the stuff you can buy has had a lot of care put into it.
>>
Nintendo really fucked up the 3DS classic opportunity. They did release a handful of good games, yes, Kid Icarus and Kirby are pretty good and worth having, Excitebike is also a good addition as a black label classic, but Urban Champion seems like an odd choice over games like Pinball, Tennis and motherfucking Super Mario Bros.
Not having SMB3 in 3D is criminal. Then again, Sega only ported Sonic 1 and 2 in 3D; still no S3&K (for some reason Sega always evades doing this one, it still doesn't have an HD remake, does it? they must know 3&K is their "plato forte" and are holding it for later.
But yeah the whole M2 work porting Sega classics to the 3DS is monumental, props to these guys and Sega for funding it. Nintendo ported (or paid AIKA to port) Xevious, the original arcade version which is much better than the Famicom version, and Twin Bee, the Famicom version (which I'm fine with, I like it better than the arcade original).
So they only ported like 4 of their own games and 2 third party classics that are fine and all, but that's it?

One thing though, Sega STILL hasn't released Locomotive on any system.
>>
>>3724008
My point exactly, also again, no arcade releases for any of the DK games or mario bros. in fact, I doubt we;ll see any of the Vs. games (VS Ice climber, clu clu land, super mario bros., etc) Ever make it to VC, nintendo doesn't give a shit when it comes to this. that stupid plug and play is less of a mockery than VC in some cases.
>>
>>3723986
>In this situation that's true.
It is every situation, ever. Now you know the wrong company died.
>>
>>3724119
>muh 16-bit wars

Get over it gramps.
>>
>>3724119
I'm not in the mood for stupid console wars right now, I just want to bitch about shitty ports.
>>
>>3723954
To be fair, Doki Doki Panic was a collaboration with Fuji TV, so they own partial copyrights of the game.

I never understood why Nintendo doesn't just hire M2 for their Virtual Console projects like Sega does.
>>
>>3724448
But isn't M2 closed?
>>
>>3724456
They're still around.
http://www.mtwo.co.jp/en
>>
>>3724456
You're thinking of Treasure.
>>
>>3724448
I suppose, but I mean Fuji TV has nothing to loose from a re relase.
>>
>>3723954
You can remap buttons on the Wii U's virtual console.

Also i'm not sure what you are referring to with SEGA, the SEGA Genesis collection on Steam is a pretty barebones emulator with shit sound. Kega is 100 times better.
>>
>>3724128
>gramps
Underage scum
>>>/v/
>>
>>3724986
>console wars about
>calls others underage
>>
File: 47377963_p0.jpg (454KB, 1036x1216px) Image search: [Google]
47377963_p0.jpg
454KB, 1036x1216px
>>3723954
Sega also translated Monster World IV for the virtual console, then put it on Xbox and PS.

Pretty based.
>>
Because Nintendo is so big enough to get away with not giving a damn as long as the game's out there.
>>
Nintendo beat sega because Mario Franchise.
>>
>>3723954
Because M2 actually gives a fuck and prides itself on their quality of work.
good example: when doing the PS2 Fantasy Zone Complete Collection, they literally wrote their own updated version of FZ2 on real System 16 hardware (with a bit more RAM installed on the board)

>>3724008
it's commonly assumed that there's some kind of licensing issues involved with S3&K getting an actual port instead of just repackaging the original data
>>
>>3723954
I don't think they have the rights to the characters in Doki Doki Panic anymore, so the likelihood of that getting a rerelease is pretty slim
On a similar note, who owns the rights to the Super FX chip anymore? It would be nice to see rereleases of Star Fox and Yoshi's Island and perhaps a real release of Star Fox 2.
>>
>>3723954
>>their VC srvice uses filters
False. All of their VC games uses no filters and shows perfectly the pixels normally. On Wii U, at least, they give options to have filters or not.
>>
>>3723954
>Sega Genesis classics with many options for $5,99
>Pokémon R/B/Y is $9,99
>Super Mario Bros. Deluxe is $5,99
>Super Mario Bros. 3 is $4,99
>Mario Tennis is $5,99
Nintendo wants too much for 8-bit games. 10 bucks for Pokémon is ridiculous.
>>
File: 1466831671430.jpg (135KB, 502x461px) Image search: [Google]
1466831671430.jpg
135KB, 502x461px
ITT: We say which console our family was too poor to afford and argue about how our outdated hardwareis better then the other.

Console war shitposting is why we need better mods.
>>
>>3726524
I'd assume it's because whoever owns Michael Jackson's estate owns the music rights of S3&K.
>>
>>3723954
>>Still Hasn't Released Doki Doki Panic in it's original state.
This one is explainable. Nintendo no longer has the rights to the characters in Doki Doki Panic because they belong to a Japanese TV network.
>>
>>3723954
>>No arcade versions for DK, DKJr, DK3. Mario Bros, or Popeye.
Nintendo will never release these games.
>>
File: donkeykong64-1.png (55KB, 299x219px) Image search: [Google]
donkeykong64-1.png
55KB, 299x219px
>>3727182
Reminder that DK64 has original arcade DK.
>>
>>3723954
>No button mappings, meaning you have to use the actual A and B for many games, which is very uncomfortable
Wii U VC fixes this.
>their VC service uses filters
Only on Wii U, not on 3DS and fixed on NES Mini.
Legal issues with Fuji TV will not allow it.
>>3727185
True.
>>
>>3727185
That was Rare, not Nintendo
>>
>>3727194
Yeah, based britbongs.
But still, DK64 on VC was released by Nintendo.
>>
>>3723954
>Still Hasn't Released Doki Doki Panic in it's original state
As others have already stated, the characters belong to Fuji TV. This would require a new license, which is highly unlikely due to the lack of interest since the game is basically a slightly inferior version of Super Mario USA with some different graphics.
>>
>>3727185
That's in reality a remake that uses the same assets of the original, not the original arcade. Nintendo doesn't have the rights of the original arcade code, Ikegami Tsushinki (the ones who actually programmed the game) do. I don't know if they could release the DK64 remake standalone, though.
>>
>>3727216

Is there any actual difference? Physics seem to be arcade perfect, and so are the graphics and music and sounds.
>>
With regards to their arcade games, I'm pretty sure there's a legal dispute over the original programming.
>>
>>3726831
>I dislike banter or arguments of any kind
Your opinion is shit just like Nintendo is shit
>>
>>3727291
Not him but

>banter

Banter needs to be actually witty, shitposting isn't banter.

>arguments
"is shit" isn't an argument, it's a lazy (and probably very, very biased) opinion.
>>
>>3723954
Nintendo are cheap fucking cunts as far as digital is concerned. They're hipster cunts for the rest. Sega is overall just retarded, except for that I guess.
>>
>>3727450
Cunt off, australia-kun
>>
>>3723996
I would buy SMS games. They should get on that.
>>
>>3723980
Man, Sega's lore was so deep...
>>
>>3723954
I'd like Sega a lot more if they re-released an updated versions of Saturn controller for one/ps4 and threw in a wiimote version too. In fact I'd love them if they came out with a wiimote version because 3/6button virtual console games don't feel right using a wii classic controller.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.