[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flash Cart/EverDrive General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: 20150929_104445.jpg (10KB, 280x209px) Image search: [Google]
20150929_104445.jpg
10KB, 280x209px
I've been doing research on flash drives recently and would like some advice on cart options. The most popular seem to be the EverDrive units but there are 2 web sites and it has me confused. One is krikzz.com and the other is .stoneagegamer.com. From what I can tell stoneagegamer has the best support but I thought they were the same items, apparently not. Any general info, recommendations and experiences would be appreciated! Over the next few months I would like to get one for all of my systems.
>>
You forgot retrogate.com
>>
Krikzz is the official store and is located in Ukraine.
Stoneagegamer is an authorized dealer that ships from US.
Order from whichever is closer to you
>>
>>3723520
Krikzz designed and produces the everdrive line. You can order directly from him but he lives in Ukraine. I got a mega everdrive from him and it took about 35 days to arrive. Stone Age gamer is a US based reseller of krikzzs products. Not sure about retrogate. Also Stone Age seems to Jew you on prices by charging for stupid shit like cart screws you will never see or the color of the cart itself.
>>
>>3723535
I was just thinking that. The fuckers just going to sit inside my NES anyways. SNES and Genesis may be a different story but who really gives a fuck...
>>
>>3723545
Like a $5 for a different yet just as poorly designed sticker.
>>
Do they even sell just the plain boards anymore? I don't want to play $30 extra for it to be in a fake Famicom shell when I already have shitty famicom games I wouldn't mind swapping shells for.
>>
>>3723730
see
>>3723524
>>
>>3723830
Let me add to my initial post, do any stores in the US even just sell the plain boards anymore? $109 for a PCB without a shell, not factoring shipping, is barely a discount at all compared to buying one from Krikzz. Didn't the PCBs used to be like $90 by themselves?
>>
can we talk about how terrible the labels are. i don't understand why people would like the one in the OP or that ugly n64 mario galaxy style one.
>>
File: IMG_3368.png (24KB, 373x146px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3368.png
24KB, 373x146px
>>3723849
I bet you don't like the super cool and official Stone Age Gamer(TM) back label either. It's only 6 dollars.
>>
>>3723520
I bought a knock of Genesis one mainly for the ability to work as a Sega CD ram Cart. That ram cart costs close to $80. Stupid expensive.
>>
>>3723842
You didn't specify US and in any case stoneagegamer is the sole official US dealer.

Krikzz.com is in Ukraine.
>>
Any interest in an NES flashcart with internet connectivity so you can do online multiplayer?
>>
>>3724236
What with like a network jack or Wifi built in the cart? It would need a power source.
>>
>>3724236
No.

It is in direct contravention of developers' intentions.
>>
>>3724246
Not him, but no it wouldn't. There's more than enough power supplied to a cartridge by the NES to power wifi. Hell, they have SD cards these days with built-in wifi that run on practically nothing.

That said, I don't think the idea is feasible. You'd basically have to take the second player's controller input from the network connection and then trick the NES into thinking that's coming in from the controller port. I don't think a cartridge can overwrite the console's memory map like that. You'd have to patch each game to read controller input from somewhere that the cartridge does have control over.

I'm pretty sure that latency would also be an issue. If the two consoles got out of sync everything would collapse. That might actually have a satisfactory solution as long as it didn't happen too often, though.
>>
Any interest in an NES flashcart with onboard HDMI out?
>>
>>3724304
Is theat even possible? Anyways that nes avs thing already takes care of hdmi needs. http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=78&osCsid=f0bad86a6517bfb62c0869f9280be89c
>>
>>3724317
>Is theat even possible?

Hmm, kind of? The cartridge could independently track the game's memory space and emulate the PPU and output its own video signal completely separate from the NES's video output. It would literally be emulation of a hardware component, though, which means it wouldn't be "authentic". I have no idea what the power requirements for producing an HDMI signal are, so it very possibly would require external power.

Additionally, it sounds kind of retarded and the components would be somewhat pricey and it'd require a lot of expertise across multiple fields.
>>
>>3724379
Fuck off Disney.
>>
File: IMG_0581.jpg (42KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0581.jpg
42KB, 600x448px
Bump
>>
I just bought a NES, who makes the best flash cart?
>>
If you want to save money you can order the junfangames versions from China. He's an official reseller authorized by krikzz but makes them himself in China. Lots of discussion about it in this thread >>3696492
>>
>>3725541
Get a Jack DIY on AliExpress, ~$75
>>
So /vr/ I recently bought a GBA Everdrive, and it's great and I'm putting it in my Gameboy player. But I also have a Flash2Advance 256MB and an EZFlash IV with 2GB sitting here. I feel like I should do something with them. Maybe put one in my GBA SP and put the other in my GB Micro. Is there any game out there that would work on the Flash2Advance but not on the EZFlash IV? Adding to my dillema, I have all the Mario and Metroid GBA games already. So it would seem pointless to waste space on at least the F2A for them. Suggestions?
>>
>>3725785
>Is there any game out there that would work on the Flash2Advance but not on the EZFlash IV?

I don't think so. On your Everdrive you can do RTC for gen 3 Pokemon though. EZ/F2A can't.
>>
>>3725739
And if he wants one that doesn't shit the bad after 2 weeks?
>>
>>3723535
>reseller
Authorized seller.
>>
>>3724236
That's not how hardware works.
>>
>>3725541
Powerpak
>>
>>3725807
I've had mine for a year it works great. Chinese clones are manufactured in bulk with real leaded solder, instead of made in a garage with lead-free garbage. Likely to last way longer, tbhfamicom
>>
>>3725831
Huh?

I've never seen Krikzz claim any RoHS compliance. Why would he be using lead-free solder?
>>
>>3723520
Does anyone have a generic $40 Genesis Everdrive? Does it work the same as the $70 Sega CD Ram cart?

I have one coming in the mail but it doesn't say on the website if it has that feature.
>>
>>3725807
do you have any proof that it will break? I've gotten 2 different Everdrive clones which still work for almost a year
>>
>>3725819
Thanks for the comprehensive list of pros and cons of each cartridge.
>>
>>3727848
They never have any evidence, the Chinese copies are really the best bang for the buck. My N8 works like a champ a year later, and my garbage SuperCard which is most definitely Chinese has been going strong for like, a decade. If you don't care about being able to update firmware (which Krikkz has basically stopped writing anyway) there's no reason to overpay for the 'official' versions.

>>3727864
Powerpak has an NSF player which is nice, but it only comes in a NES version (no Famicom), and it uses Compact Flash which is inconvenient. It also hasn't had a real firmware update in years, but the community is more active for homegrown-updates. The N8 has been all but abandoned by Krikkz as well, so don't expect any more firmware updates, but the community is starting to step up in his stead. Compatibility is largely very similar. There's really not a huge advantage for one over the other unless you need Famicom support (like I do).
>>
File: SUPERFAMICOM005.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SUPERFAMICOM005.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
Would I be able to play NTSC roms on a Famicom and SuFami with a flashcart? I'm eyeballing the Famicom and the SD2SNES carts on Krikzz.
>>
>>3728001
Yes, they're both NTSC consoles.
>>
>>3723520
I hope Stone Age Gamer gets their shipment of N8s in soon
>>
Probably a dumb question but I couldn't get much of a answer elsewhere.

I have a super everdrive and want to run terranigma on it. I used the patched rom (runs it as NTSC/fixes text) and it wouldn't work saying the game isn't meant for my system. Anyone know how to bypass this?
>>
>>3728102
Why, so you can overpay?
>>
>>3728132
It actually comes out to $2 cheaper than ordering from Krikzz direct. I'd rather just get it from SAG just so I don't have to deal with shipping from the Ukraine.
>>
>>3728139
Think about it this way. The 30 days it would have taken to arrive from the Soviet Union is less time to wait than the 60 or so days it's been out of stock in stone age
>>
>>3728150
Maybe. It says they're expecting stock in 1-4 weeks though. Does Krikkz give out tracking numbers?
>>
>>3728161
Mins had tracking when I ordered and I picked the basic shipping.
>>
>>3727927
>but the community is starting to step up in his stead
How so, did you just said this to make it seem legit?

Or will they actually add NSF compatibility.
>>
>>3728471
Not him but there's updates on the forum that do things like fix Gimmick's audio etc.
>>
>>3728471
No, I didn't say anything to make it seem 'legit'. I'm not a Krikkz shill, I buy chinese bootlegs. There's probably never going to be NSF support, on the EverDrive, but there are fan-made mapper support patches etc, etc
>>
(From the other flashcart thread)
>The v64jr wasn't much bigger than a modern flash cart. It still has better compatibility than modern flash carts.
>I still have several setups like that. Most still have more features and better compatibility than a basic ED. That's because the ruskie you hero worship just reverse engineered old chink copiers and added SD and a baby friendly menu.

In what ways are copier devices more compatible than flashcarts (made by Krikzz not chinks)? Do they somehow support all special enhancement chips for SNES carts?

Is it worth buying a copier device instead of a flashcart in 2017? How much do they cost?
>>
File: UFO_SNES_652.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
UFO_SNES_652.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
Super ufo pro 8 has deleted me 10 hours of Earthbound
I have no idea for solving this problem
>>
>>3725739
I would be all for chinese bootleg everdrives but the official China version on taobao costs like ten dollars more with shipping. Why get the inferior product if it's not at least $30 cheaper?
>>
>>3728801
Because I've never shopped on TaoBao and I didn't know about it when I ordered my flash carts. I'm not super into the idea of a middle man either, at least I have real buyer protection on AliExpress. Not to mention that the EDN8 I got from AE was $75, which is $45-50 cheaper than from an official source, so it was still a good deal.
>>
>>3728756
Sounds like you have no idea about many things huefag.
>>
>>3728756
It's likely that you're not using it correctly. Seeing as the Super UFO is a 90s copier with an SD card slot instead of floppies, it's a lot more involved than to-day's EverDrive type jams. You gotta manually do all your saving, and archive that shit.
>>
>>3728131
I dunno if you can get around that with the Super Everdrive but the SD2SNES contains a chip that circumvents the CIC or something. Can't say you should get a SD2SNES instead cause it's a lot more expensive and I might sound like a shill doing so.

It seems to be able to load faster and a few more games than the Super ED though.
>>
>>3728131
I can give you a patched version that probably will work but it won't contain the text patch. I'll upload it in a minute.
>>
>>3728131
https://filenurse.com/download/fb1412df40f48f8a96b9823434019634.html

This rom is only patched to remove the protection screen in order to allow it to run on NTSC consoles. It has not been patched to run at 60hz or to change the text. If you try applying the patches for these things it may or may not work.
>>
Anyone vouch for the Super Everdrive official version with the DSP installed? I'm getting one off Retro and planning on buy the non compatible games imported. Also fyi db electronic sells a Sega CD ram cart for 30 bucks shipped. I plan to get one soon too.
>>
>>3729817
Thank you, I can probably apply apply the patches myself. Thanks anon.
>>
>>3723860
It's low quality. I have a super overdrive. SAG doesn't even bother to put it on correctly either. Air bubbles everywhere.
>>
>>3730365
Would you rather have ordered from Krikzz direct?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.