[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earthbound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: earthboundd.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
earthboundd.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
Earthbound Discussion/General:

I've beaten it many times on an emulator (about 5) and had a lot of fun. It's been about 7 years since I last played it and now that I have a flashcart I'm playing it on the SNES for the first time.

I didn't really pay attention to the text in the first town but Pokey is a total fuck up and there is a lot of good humor.

Is anybody else playing through it right now? I'm playing on my SD2SNES and I have noticed a couple spots are laggy when multiple enemies enter the screen (lots of slugs/ants) and occasionally when I'm selecting an action during battle I get a couple lines running across the screen (like a glitch). I was just wondering if anybody else experiences this on real hardware because I don't recall this happening on my emulator but that was way back when.
>>
>>3722470
This probably won't help with the lag but you need to go into the sd2snes menu and turn off in game hooks and or supercic if you experience graphical glitches. I had Simao problems and that cleared it up completely. Also the latest firmware cleaned up a lot of the cic issues so make sure you're on the latest firmware invade you want to keep the cic stuff like soft reset.
>>
>>3722496
Incase not invade
>>
Yes the game definitely has some slowdown when there's a lot of enemies on screen. I'm not sure about the battle screen glitch though.
>>
>>3722470
dude lmao
it's a snes game, never express surprise at slowdown
>>
File: 1483735301346.jpg (3MB, 1866x1178px) Image search: [Google]
1483735301346.jpg
3MB, 1866x1178px
>>3722470
On my cartridge I only ever get lag in moonside honestly. I've never tested it on my everdrive because I have the real cart, I imagine they run the same.

Anyways I know I'll get shit but it's my favorite game personally. I love DQ and sci fi so the mother series was a natural fit. They're good DQ clones with a lot of charm. Personally I love all of them equally. If you haven't I recommend playing the other mother games as well.
>>
>>3722470
It sounds like you maybe triggered the copy protection.

http://media.earthboundcentral.com/2011/05/earthbounds-copy-protection/index.html
>>
>>3722470
Never had any of those problems.
>>
Is this the earthbound hate thread?
Fuck this quirky bullshit game
>>
>>3722697
Awww look it's the contrarian faggot that hates shit when it gets popular. How cute. What's it like having the mindset of a teenage boy?
>>
File: earthbound-004.jpg (815KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
earthbound-004.jpg
815KB, 1920x1080px
>>3722572
I know that they generally get slowdown but it didn't seem like that many sprites were on screen for slowdown to occur. It was 3 slug sprites and no moving backgrounds, just inside the first cave.

>>3722496
>>3722583
I will check this out tomorrow and see if the update helps with anything.

Yeah I really like earthbound and it feels really unique to me in the way its presented. This time around I'm going to use lots of items and enjoy myself instead of hoarding the items and never using them and always struggling. I remember on my emulator playthroughs I would stockpile all of the rockets for Jeff and HP items on everybody else but never actually use them unless I absolutely had to.

>>3722625
I haven't run into any of these problems so I don't think it's the copyright protection (but I did mean to ask about that in my OP post). And now that I think about it, one of my Japanese ROMS was having a small graphical glitch every now and then so maybe it just needs an update or my ROMS are bad or my hardware is bad.
What are your favourite maps, music, enemies etc... about the game? My favourite map is easily Summers (pic NOT related) and the best music is in Ness' house (I think that's because it's the same music from Smash Brothers Melee for the Onett stage)
>>
>>3722713
The proper rom has an md5 of a864b2e5c141d2dec1c4cbed75a42a85. That earthboundcentral site is actually incorrect about it. You can get it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-7ei98-U5OoZVZHRFQ5Z3M5Skk/view

My favorite map is winters. I especially like how you can battle shit tons of Cave Boys and they drop Picnic lunches. Great opportunity to level up. My favorite song in the game is the one that uses the break from Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, always makes me think of Beastie Boys - Sounds Of Science.
>>
>>3722708
>hates shit when it gets popular.
Was this kusoge ever not popular?
>>
>>3722728
Upon release it was pretty much ignored, you adorable young Asperger's sufferer.
>>
It was fine.
>>
>muh flash cart isnt perfect

This is why I get pissed when people joke about stacks of games and wasted space...
>>
>>3722470
Dude, there's already a big Mother thread: >>3709373
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.