[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classic Fallout thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: Fallout.jpg (441KB, 1600x740px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout.jpg
441KB, 1600x740px
Classic Fallout thread?
>>
>>3720715
No one posts here
>>
>>3720718
/vr/'s a slow board, what do you expect?
>>
>>3720724
armed revolution
>>
>>3720715
finished fallout 1 couple days ago. what can i expect of 2?
I loved it, but its really short and most my level ups came at the base/church.
>>
>>3720761
More of the same albeit with less focus and more freedom. Try not to use guides unless for a specific quest. No time limit so you can dickoff harder. Would recommend staying away from restoration project for first time run.
>>
Is fallout 1.5 worth a play?
>>
>>3720715

I hate how you can't hit a six feet ant with an eight feet spear in the beginning.

*miss
*miss
*miss
*miss
>>
>>3720840
Depends a bit on your starting stats and tag skills.
Unarmed can yield better results.
Or just run past them.
>>
>>3720840
Yeah, the beginning is pretty weak in FO2, random encounters can fuck you and you have no real guidance since you have infinetly more freedom.
>>
>>3720848
Yea, I know. It's just the pure sillyness which annoys me.
>>
>>3720857
Is it really silly that you can't hit a moving creature with an cumbersome weapon without proper training?
>>
>>3720862
I can hit a fucking 5mm fly with my hand, no training bro
>>
I find it ironic that i had to constantly use a guide to figure out what i had to do in fallout 1 but i only had to use a guide once in fallout 2 to figure out i had to click on the workbench wall to get the super tool because I thought just clicking on the bench would give me all the items i could take

Maybe my experience in FO1 made FO2 easier
>>
>>3720809
yes
>>
>>3720715
Does anyone know how to use the function where you manually type a question to npcs? I haven't played either FO1 or 2 for at least twewle years, but back then I couldn't make it work so I'm just curious
>>
how do you play through this crap
>>
>>3720967
You just have to type certain key words and you get new answers from specific NPC's. Things like water chip, names, places.
>>
I just finished Fallout 1 for the first time last week. I don't really think I would enjoy it that much do to it being my first classic wrpg, but it was fantastic. I instantly fell in love with it. My only complaint was that I didn't really care for the time limit at the beginning, but it goes away pretty early into the game so that wasn't so bad.
>>
>>3720869
If the fly is asleep or dead. Otherwise 95% of the time the fly is gonna move faster than you m8.
>>
Fallout 1.5 should be requried classic fallout material, cant wait for mutants rising
>>
>>3720967
Only NPCs from the first couple of towns even have special dialogue, it seems to me. After that you get nothin'. But yeah, in Shady Sands or Junktown just type in keywords m8.
>water chip
>raiders
>botherhood of steel
Shit like that.
>>
File: Bitch.png (575KB, 803x414px) Image search: [Google]
Bitch.png
575KB, 803x414px
Why is she such a cunt?
>>
File: VaultCity6.jpg (113KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
VaultCity6.jpg
113KB, 640x480px
>>3722676

I don't know, but Vault City is by far my favourite place in that game. The music, the setting, the intrigue & politics, not-so-subtle fascist undertones, the way you have to always leave your companions to get searched, Cassidy...one of my favorite-ever settings in games. Plus, when you finally do enough stuff, you get the best reward of all: citizenship.

>Vault City prevails, citizen
>hells yes my man can i get a high five
>absolutely not. now get the fuck out of here you degenerate tribal scumbag
>will do. I may come back later tho and go on a rampage with the super sledge. going to be critical shots to the nuts all round. fair warning
>whatever. *changes clip on laser rifle*
>>
>>3722516
A fly flies 7 km/h so no. They react fast and are small. You can pretty easily grab them in the air or by aiming your grab about 20 cm above a landed fly. It will take off directly into your hand. I don't imagine it would be harder to hit if it was 1,5 meters long and not afraid
>>
>>3722516
>95% eye shot
>miss
>>
File: 144756135.png (3KB, 209x158px) Image search: [Google]
144756135.png
3KB, 209x158px
>>3724939
>>
>>3722676
>the last remaining sjw after the bomb
>>
>>3724939
Is there any game that adjusts that whole concept? Like it just has hit chance as "yes" or "no" instead of save scumming:the game
>>
>>3725619
New Vegas? Not in combat but with the rest of checks.
>>
>>3725618
What. She endorses slavery and wants to genocide the ghouls.
>>
>>3720761
A pet shop of horrors reference and a black lady bent on enslavement disguised as citizenship...oh and a ghost.
>>
>>3720761

Most of the game centers around traveling the northern regions of the map (klamath, den, modoc, redding, gecko, vault city).

Late game seems to center more on the southern regions (New Reno, Broken Hills, NCR).

Also the Ammo Modifiers are fixed so the weapons generally do more damage than they did in FO1 and there are less Stimpacks so its going to hurt alot more.

> forget using AP ammo, it was top sirloin in FO1 but now its like shooting BBs.
> the ammo modifiers were present in fallout 1 also but the game was Never Patched to use them properly, they only applied the AC and DR modifiers not the damage multiplier

Also you can forget finding an energy weapon until at least New Reno. Energy weapons is a skill you very likely want to Tag! perk into or trickle a few skill points into every level.

Also because of gauss weapons, bozar, and the vindicator its not necessary to go with energy weapons for maximum carnage. Energy weaps is just another way to go thats all, and against the final badguys they tend to not do all that well anyhow.

A Plasma Rifle is nothing to spit at for a starter energy weapon (sierra army depot, and you have to be a good guy), but in my opinion it would have been alot better to get a Laser Pistol earlier (not that a laser pistol is good, but it is the lowest level energy weapon skill item).

Gecko or Vault City would have been perfect placement for a Laser Pistol:
> requisition office in the gecko power plant
> reward for helping out the brain
> or located in one of the lockers in the vault
> that way you could use the free weapons upgrade at gecko to promptly get a magneto laser pistol.

>>3720840
you're doing it wrong

>mfw you should pick unarmed for your skill so you can kick the dude's ass at the end, and let others teach you some melee skill

>then not put points into it so that the dude at the bar can teach you some fighting spirit and get free unarmed %s

>or you could just hold onto skill points
>>
>>3724939

From experience ill say that the percent chance you see for shooting is only a ballpark figure and its often quite different in practice.

Low % chances to hit often have like double the chance to hit, and ive hit people before when it said 0%.

95% chance is often more like 65 or 75 when it comes to anything in the targeting screen (since im usually missing 1/3 or 1/4 of my hits against Legs/Arms even though it says 95%, and thats from practice because if it was 95% id likely not remember missing much)

>>3725787

Its not the goals, but the way they are achieved that defines an SJW
> generally, being a stuck up prick who uses political correctness to cover up any number of awful things
>>
>>3725787
....yes?
>>
File: 0.png (28KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
28KB, 256x224px
What do you think about the precursor of FallOut?
>>
>>3727921
Metal Saga/ Metal Max is a fine series and still popular in Japan, even got some time ago a 3DS version of a game
>>
File: F2 poem.png (10KB, 415x156px) Image search: [Google]
F2 poem.png
10KB, 415x156px
>>
Just started Fallout 1, and am wondering about this 150 day time limit. How quickly should I be taking things? Am I fucked if I dawdle and take my time at all?
>>
>>3728456
it should be more than enough time for you to take how much time you need, its more than enough time to dilly dally as much as you want, plus you can buy caravan water supply which extends the period with another 100 days
>>
>>3725917
I was just sayin' it's stupid you can't hit a lion-sized animal with a spear or similar weapon. It's equally stupid that you can kill it with your bare hands tho, but at least I can accepts it would be game-breaking if there were too many rules for what you can hit with what.
>>
Just beat it after less than a week.
Was rejected by a girl I saved.
Broke out of a military base after being captured at level 5.
Successfully told a mad man to kill himself.
Dog thanked me for saving him and his hobo friends.
I love this game.
>>
>>3725917
>>then not put points into it so that the dude at the bar can teach you some fighting spirit and get free unarmed %s
the dude at the bar, unlike the martial arts master in san fran, unlike the expert hunters in your tribe, can actually increase your unarmed skill no matter how high it is, so if you go to him when it's at 125% or 150% you'll get way more bang for your buck.

Then you can tag unarmed, watch it go over 200, and instantly kill pretty much anything with better crits and a 2 str aimed punch.
>>
>>3729410
I used to pay the hooker to hook, then steal back the Money and repeat. My friends didn't believe that was possible in a game.
Good times.
>>
>>3728340
I cried.
>>
File: Fallout_3_cover_art.png (2MB, 1000x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_3_cover_art.png
2MB, 1000x1240px
What went wrong?
>>
>>3729613
Bethesda. It's just the average Bethesda game, no more, no less.
>>
>>3729613
A bit of everything.
>>
>>3727921
I played this recently and I thought the same thing.
>>
>>3720718
/vr/, /vr/ never changes.
>>
>>3729613
Didn't make an isometric cRPG using Gamebyro. Instead, it was a retcon filled fan-fiction gaiden game that made bigboybucks due to it straddling the line of being an "FPS" and """""RPG""""", thus wrangling normies faster than a 3 legged hooker in New Reno.
>>
>>3729964
*rattles tits* NORMIES NORMIES NORMIES NORMIES

You know fine well that the original Fallout games were slow as fuck to the point where encountering a fucking roach would suck up a minute of your time.
>>
Why are the games so fucking terrible? Did they just not want to make good game play?
>>
>>3730001
They wanted to do a lot of stuff and didn't spend much on testing.
>>
>>3729594
Teach me your ways, master!
>>
>>3729443

Yeah but you need to be able to use it in advance of going to those other places. Hence getting the (magical) skill of hand to hand combat early on.

Otherwise go down to Navarro for some free power armor while you're at it (hehehe).

Thats also why I kill the Duntons out at Torr's brahmin post because I need their Spiked Knuckles.
> mfw ive never cared or tried to engage the Duntons on any of their quests, and have no idea what the Radscorpion Limbs item in the shack is used for, though I can guess its for scaring Torr in some way.
> also im not sure but their house in klamath has the hard locked door and I think theres a 44 revolver inside.

>>3728340
they're so cute though and the sound they make is pretty cute as well

I kinda hate killing them except its much needed XP.

>>3728456
Its easy as hell to get the Water Chip before the time limit expires.

For the first several playthroughs I never had a problem with it.

Didnt even know about the Water Caravans being an option (which made it possible to get back in the vault).

> OMG the memories playing Pink Floyd's 'Us And Them' and 'Any Colour You Like' to the scenery and maps in Necropolis.
>>
>>3729354

I believe they had AC bonus, and the Ants were more dog-sized anyway.

Radscorps though yeah even the small ones are big.

> AC bonus is about shots deflecting off even though you actually hit, because its a glancing blow and all it does is piss the animal off more and make a dude feel smug

> which is why some weapons like .223fmj, 2mm and 4.7mm go through so much AC and even make it easier to hit guys, because it just tears right through the carapace even on a glance

> but the ammo modifiers are SNAFU and do NOT help the weapons do what the ammo type says they should do.

> nobody ever modded the Damage Multiple to apply only to damage left over after armor. As the Gurps rules the game is based on intended.
>>
>>3730489
>Originally, the Chosen One was supposed to be able to expose the Dunton's cattle rustling with this item. It has no use in the final version of the game.
>>
>>3729982
Yep and a roach might actually be able to do something to you also, which was sorta worth that minute of time.

Which reminds me somewhat of older games in the 80s and early 90s where some critters were actually scripted events and -anything- can screw you over (more of adventure games than combat games, but still rpg elements)

> also this reminds me I wish they had some of the monsters from Fallout Tactics in the first two games. Now that you mention roaches.

Though ill admit "scared villagers running away" isnt worthy of engaging combat especially when they've already run away far enough that they should be just fine unless they're going to actually Attack you.

>>3730001
>>3730005

This, the games themselves are generally good (though the Take All button missing from #1 was a horrible oversight).

When artists meet big money there's going to be casualties. A solid working game that doesnt botch save slots or have other hiccups is one casualty.

The shitty way they scripted the events also left bona-fide "see it coming from a mile away" loopholes.

(and also like how critters wont react to your teammates but they'll engage combat when they see you - - so Vic can go wandering off and pet some Wanamingos but by god if you even show your face they'll eviscerate him)

Methinks the way they went about their scripting language in the first place was rushed.

tacking this on as honorable mention
>>3730502
Since in #1 the Followers Of The Apocalypse were a famous example of something that was broken.

I mean some of the content in the games (like the EPA) can be done without.

Some other areas of the game I wish had been expanded on though - id have liked more time running around in the necropolis, la ruins, the glow, and extra outskirts areas to new reno.

Also I wish I could have bought the Wanamingo Gold Mine and kept the deed and had steady income from a mining crew. That could have been easily doable.
>>
>>3730001
An extremely rare example of more substance than style.
>>
>>3730489
>> OMG the memories playing Pink Floyd's 'Us And Them' and 'Any Colour You Like' to the scenery and maps in Necropolis.

>it will never be 1997 again
brb necking myself
>>
>>3731458
I swear I wish Necropolis was a giant submap of the entire game, like a seething New Reno of FO1.

My chan screwed up when I tried to post yesterday but I meant to add this:

"I would say #1 and #2 still fill me with this sense of soft dread, lonliness and subtle desperation listening to their music and looking at the wasteland as if I could actually be there. Like a survival horror game.

That lone focus, a big open world, nothing much mattering anymore because everything is nuked and you're just staying alive because other people want you to."

> oh wait that reminds me subtly of my own life

The Real Reason I often listened to Pink Floyd dark side of the moon when I was playing Fallout (1 and 2) was because in 2001 when I got the games in a double pack...

My new computer had Microsuck Windows Millenium Edition and it had the audio drivers ALL screwed up. Somehow it would play CD audio but it would NOT play game music (yet somehow it could play sound effects).

So I listened to Pink Floyd because it seemed to mix with the sense of angst that Fallout engendered (would have been 80s Punk Metal music like the intro menu from X-Pirates, except the action is over and this is just the leftovers, so it is a more dulcet kys battery acid).

Pic Related
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.