[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wizardry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: wizardry archives.jpg (268KB, 800x1026px) Image search: [Google]
wizardry archives.jpg
268KB, 800x1026px
Talk about Wizardry if you have questions or something to say.

Do the endings in 7 make a big difference? I don't mind the Umpani or T'Rang so I'm not sure who to choose.
>>
File: wizardry.png (605KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
wizardry.png
605KB, 1100x500px
Can't help you there.

I was making some decent progress in Wizardry 1 when I decided to upgrade the classes of two of my best offense heavy-hitters to Samurai.

Which dropped their levels back to 1, which sort of sucked my desire to continue playing (I'll pick it up again one day).

For any wizardry buffs out there, is it worth possible to have Ninjas on a team of largely good party members? Or does everyone need to be neutral? Is it even worth the hassle?
>>
>>3719649
They still keep their HP and some of their spellcasting so they're not the same as level 1 characters. They should also level up quickly from the enemies the rest of your party can kill.
What hurts the most in my eyes are the stats resetting to racial minimum, otherwise fighters don't really lose much. The best idea is to switch to lord since you can't start with them and more healing is always useful.

You can have evil and good characters in the same party. The trick is to send them separately into the maze and them have them join up there.
You can also get evil characters good by not attacking non-hostile encounters.
Personally I don't think ninjas are worth it. They can't really replace a thief at disarming and they don't offer more in combat than a fighters, lord or samurai.
>>
>>3719649
The level draining mechanic is stupid.
>>
>>3720628
For me getting drained is a reason to reset the fight. It's a shitty mechanic that annuls hours of play.
It's even worse in Megaten where you only have two characters.
I'm glad they reduced it in Wizardry 5.
>>
File: file.png (576KB, 645x911px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
576KB, 645x911px
Am I a bitch if I only play the ps1 collections and 6/7 with automap mods
>>
>>3722715
7 has an automap, it's just annoying to use.
You could at least try manual mapping. It gives you a different perspective on things than an automap.
With an automap you just bump into every square to fill the map while with manual mapping you can see ahead and explore without moving too much.
>>
>>3722715
For 6, not really. It's really annoying to manually map because the maps are so much larger than traditional Wizardry maps.
>>
Is Wizardry IV the first game where the good ending is literally pic related?
>>
File: wiz6 halls of the dead.gif (14KB, 680x560px) Image search: [Google]
wiz6 halls of the dead.gif
14KB, 680x560px
>>3722985
The maps themselves aren't much larger than the 20x20 maps from 1-4. They fit onto a normal sheet of paper without problems. You just have to realize where one dungeons ends and the other begins.
Styx with 20x70 and wraparound is somewhat of an exception.
5 has levels that are ridiculously huge and you have no way of telling which way they extend.

The real problem in mapping comes from the lack of orientation. You don't get a spell like DUMAPIC that gives your coordinates, only a compass.
Given that the entire world is connected you have to be careful not to add too many mistakes.
>>
>>3722715
Why is she playing videogames at the pool?
>>
How to go to level 3 in Wiz 1? lol
>>
>>3726027
Either take the elevator to reach a small part or the stairs from level 2.
Level 3 is a bitch though.
>>
>>3726042
I can't find the stairs on level 2. There are two rooms I can't enter ("not strong enough to break door/ fills with gas").
When I took the elevator to level 3 a bunch of Ninjas annahilated me. So I guess it's more training, right?
>>
>>3727368
The ninjas that kill your party should be on level 4 if I'm not mistaken. The stars on level 2 are in 16,15. At the end of the spiral north of the stairs from level 1.
>>
>>3727368
The best grind spot of the game is actually hidden on floor 1.
>>
>>3718762
Endings in 7 affect where you start in 8.

>>3722867
Only Wizardry 7 Gold has an automap but its a shit version to play.
>>
>>3727514
The original version also had the map kit and mapping skill.
Beyond that there's also the PS1 and SS which should have an automap.

Most of the world doesn't really need mapping though.
>>
>>3720628
You know what really sucks? Level drain in Elminage (Wizardry spinoff in all but name). Enjoy permanently losing 500 max HP on your multiclassed character because of a random lucky succubus hit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.