[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you name characters in your games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: WP_20161230_15_55_39_Pro.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161230_15_55_39_Pro.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
How did you name characters in your games?
>>
>>3718165
Whatever the default name is.
>>
>>3718165
if default isnt avaliable something short like bob or tony
>>
tyler ggg
>>
Default or Boner
>>
I think it was Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest where another character says "Hey, kid!" to you in the intro, so my friends and I thought it was hilaaaaarious to enter the name Kid so the main character would respond, "My name's not kid, it's Kid!"

I was like 9 so give me a break.
>>
>>3718201
could be worse

sometimes i named characters "shit" or "fuck" because of this too
>>
You're supposed to give the character your name
>>
File: 1483075000314.png (486KB, 500x585px) Image search: [Google]
1483075000314.png
486KB, 500x585px
I used to give the protagonist my own name, I go with default now though.

I remember when I first played FFIX I named Vivi "Ratdude" because for some reason I thought I was naming the rat character that accompanies Vivi at the start of the game (if memory serves me right, his name is actually Puck).
>>
>>3718212
no you're not

thats the case in games with character creation (ie most western rpgs), not for JRPGS.
>>
>>3718165
Default, rarely my own name, or something I find fitting.
>>
>>3718223
Except FF1. I just name them by their class. Warrior is Red, Red Mage, is RMage, White mage is WMage so on and so forth.
>>
>>3718230
Surely you mean RMge and WMge.
>>
>>3718165
Bullshit
>>
I name it something funny like Boner or Sex Girl.
LOL! I'm so random and quirky!
>>
>>3718303
You get it? Because boner is funny. Bone. Boner. LOL! It's a funny word.
Nevermind the fact that I'm in my 30s acting like a 8 year old is funny.
Boner.
HAHAHA! Pube! LOL! Shit pickle! HAHAHAHA!!!
WEEE!
>>
>>3718287
Sure I dont remember the character limit on that game.
>>
File: 1465697932246.jpg (310KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465697932246.jpg
310KB, 800x800px
>>3718165
The username I've been using since 2007
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when my name pops up in dialogue.

I leave party member names on default tho.
>>
>>3718165
Every main characters name is "Baka". This is a habit I kept for years, regrettably it stuck even past my weeb obsession. The word lost meaning, so I take it on as a default name. Ideally, I would prefer the main character not be referred to by name, but I also refuse to name them 'You' or something like that, because I do not wish to have their name be "You" in the menus, nor would I like to think of them as "You". In games with multiple characters, I name them by a trait, usually hair color or overarching color scheme. (IE Rival in Red is Blue). In FF games I name all the characters like that as well.
>>
>>3718223
Yes it is, you dumb faggot.
>>
After girls I knew in hs who had nice feet.
>>
>>3718365
>Play a lot of /vr/ games in high school a decade or so ago.
>Name of my (now ex) gf is named after every protag's love interest.
>Can't play the majority of old saves because too painful.
>>
>>3718343
>IE Rival in Red is Blue
That's his official name, bro.
>>
>>3718354
I remember an article saying that men prefer to make avatars that look like them in real life.

As someone who actually plays games, I can tell you from the deepest pits of my heart that's a STEAMING PILE OF BULLSHIT.
>>
>>3719383
I used to make avatars that used my own traits, but ever since I got in to tabletop, I've been deviating from that somewhat.

Nowadays, I'll usually take an ideological or moral trait from myself and create a character around it, which makes them both somewhat separate from myself and still a piece of me. Every once in a while, I take a trait of my own and do its inverse instead.
>>
In any game in which the characters address me by the name that I use, I always name myself "..." after a playthrough using canon names. Really morphs the dialogue in an interesting way
>>
>write your hero's name
>h
>e
>r
>o
>"hero"? Sounds weird but i like it
>>
usually something like "Blood" or "Pain"

I now sometimes name them "Pepe"
>>
File: 87027.jpg (173KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
87027.jpg
173KB, 900x1600px
It depends, usually default on first playthrough
>>
>>3718201

I named Red XIII in FFVII "Nanaki", and it creates a pretty funny moment when the crew arrives at his hometown, where people calls him nanaki but you're not supposed to know thats his real name, so your team is like

>"Who the fuck is nanaki?"
>"Nanaki is Nanaki"
>>
Default.

Naming a character "dick", "slut", "faggot" or something like that is cringeworthy 12 year old humor and gets old VERY fast.
>>
>>3718165
MC is always my name, usually use defaults for everyone else. Occasionally I'll use the names of some of my oldest friends.
>>
>>3718165
AAAA, BBBB and so on if no default name is given.
And AAA is the winner of local arcades, for sure!
>>
>>3719383
Probably because you're a disgusting NEET overweight trans freak
>>
My first FF7 playthrough had Cloud named after an alleged cheatcode that would give you infinite money. How the fuck did that even make it to the magazine's cheat section without anyone checking...
>>
I always gave them my own name to further immerce myself into the game. It worked well.
>>
>>3718309
I read that comment in the voice of Wooldoor Sockbat because of the WEEE! at the end.
I giggled a wee bit because of that.
>>
>>3718343
(You)
>>
Wally or Dirk if they didn't have a canon name
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.