[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quake World or Quake Live? Which game takes more skill? Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: lightning_sparks.jpg (265KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
lightning_sparks.jpg
265KB, 1024x768px
Quake World or Quake Live? Which game takes more skill? Which is the better game?
>>
>>3717937
Quake for speedrunning.

Quake 3 for multiplayer.

Fuck Quake 2 and Quake 4.
>>
>>3717959
I'm asking specially multiplayer. quakeworld or live. not sure which one i should practice
>>
>>3718002
quakeworld's the best one but no one plays it so you might as well practice q3/ql since quake champions is going to be quake 3 with overwatch style uLtImAtE aBiLiTiEs
>>
File: H.U.R.L_DOS_02.png (21KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
H.U.R.L_DOS_02.png
21KB, 640x400px
>>3717937
Everyone knows that H.U.R.L. is the game of the true professional, that's where your focus should lay.
>>
>>3718094
What makes quakeworld the best?
>>
Despite being very similar at first glance, QuakeWorld and Quake 3/Live are vastly different games. QuakeWorld is usually must faster due to how fast players move, instant weapon switch and instant respawn, and the weapon/item balance is completely different. A player with a RA and a RL/Thunderbolt will wreck your shit for the whole match and will most likely chain spawn frag you unless you manage to prevent them grabbing these items. It's not rare to see gaps of 20 or so frags in duels on QW, but frags are so quick to rack up that a difference like this doesn't mean a game over.

Quake 3/Live in comparison is a bit slower paced, not because of the movement which is still very fast but because the weapon/item balance is completely different and encourages slower play overall. A player with full armor and a RL/Thunderbolt is very scary, but definitely not as scary as in QW. Maps also tend to be much bigger than the ones used by the pros in QW. There is also a greater variety in weapon usage in Q3/Live than in QW, where the most used weapons are clearly the RL and Thunderbolt, with the GL for area of denial sometimes. In Q3/Live the Railgun is an incredibly viable weapon and both the Shotgun and the Plasma gun have their uses.

So, it really depends in the end. Do you want an insanely fast, insanely aggressive experience or something a bit more 'tactical' and slower paced?
>>
>>3718178
Elitism.
>>
>>3717959
quake 2 still has the best ctf.
>>
Quake 1 for singleplayer.
Quake 1 for multiplayer.
>>
>>3719053
reasons why multiplayer is the best on q1?
>>
QW for live fast die fast RL is mai waifu
>>
>>3719456
I like quakeworld but miss using other guns than the RL and LG
>>
>>3719053

This.
>>
>>3718213
Quake Live TDM 4v4 at the top level is art
>>
>>3721285
All I ever find in QL is boring Clan Arena shit.
>>
>>3721297
Clan Arena and Freezetag. Where the fuck are the CTF servers?
>>
>>3717937
What's wrong with Deathmatch Classic
>>
>>3721408
stfu, freezetag Quake Live is one of the best games in the history of the world and noone plays it as far as I know.
>>
>>3721437
what about it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.