[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>did Zelda better than Zelda >forgotten by history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

>did Zelda better than Zelda
>forgotten by history
>>
File: golvlogo.gif (32KB, 272x234px) Image search: [Google]
golvlogo.gif
32KB, 272x234px
Crystalis is still fondly remembered, it even got a GBC remake and speedrun community.
>>
The combat is better but it's more linear than Zelda and there's a certain amount of stupid puzzle shit that you have to go through. Like starting that windmill or whatever it was at the beginning of the game.

It's sort of like if classic Zelda followed the formula of a modern Zelda game. Not bad, but whether that makes it better or worse depends on the player's tastes.
>>
>>3717691
It might be forgotten by history, but it's not forgotten by me. One of the NES's finest games, I'll pick it over Zelda any day because I hate Zelda in general
>>
What bothers me is that so many self-professed Zelda fans never played Zelda 1 and 2 because they think they're "too basic".
>>
>>3717761
I like Zelda 1. I dont really like Zelda 2.
>>
>>3717691
>one of the most famous games on the NES
>forgotten

wat

But yeah, it's way better than Zelda on the NES. Kind of ahead of its time, honestly, it's more on par with LttP
>>
>>3717761
Tbh they don't play anything like modern zelda. I can kind of understand why they would wanna stay away for the same reason I stay away from new Zelda.
>>
>>3717691
Fuck off with this shit meme. It is absolutely in no ways better than Zelda.
>>
>>3717785
It's less mysterious than Zelda 1, I guess but Crytalis is much more all round enjoyable game.
>>
>>3717785
How is this a meme? It's one guy's opinion.
>>
>>3717818

welcome to /vr/

lurk moar
>>
>>3717691
It was bought by Nintendo who made one GBC port that sucks and quietly let the game fall into the abyss.
I actually had this game as a kid too, It plays like Zelda but the thing is that it has a lot of sensible continuity when it comes to where you're supposed to go. The game makes a clear effort to tell you "go this way" or "do this next" in full sentences, something that was beginning to happen in all large-scale games at that time what with the SNES and Genesis out on the market by its release.
>>
>>3717847
>It was bought by Nintendo who made one GBC port that sucks and quietly let the game fall into the abyss.

Did they do this to get rid of the most threatening direct competition... ?
Makes me think of Capcom buying Clock Tower, ruining it with CT3 and never touching it again.
>>
>>3717842
This ain't /b/, nigger.
>>
>>3717691
Forgotten? Not here, fàm. Crystalis is aces.
>>
>>3717761
For me it's not a problem of being too basic, it's that bombing every single wall and burning every single bush because there's no other way of knowing if there's something important behind it is tedious as fuck.
>>
>>3718729
Well you're right it isnt. You usually dont get banned on /b/ or /pol/ for saying that. But trust me, here you will. Had a few bans myself for saying the N word here.
>>
>>3718798
Did you call someone "A piece of shut cumsucking nigger tranny faggot kike"? Because that's shitposting rather than saying nigger.
>>
>>3718805
Nah just told them they type like one, or just straight told someone they are one. It sucks they ban you from all boards for it though.
>>
>>3718798
Just evade, nigger.
>>
>>3718798
I've said nigger plenty of times, never had a problem. Although janitors do sometimes erase those posts.
>>
>>3718805
Banned for 14 days once for using the term "LOL" in a post (unreadable text)
>>
It isn't forgotten by history, it's just forgotten by SNK. They are so delusional to think KOF and Metal Slugs have mainstream recognition, they don't want to touch the rest of their IP. In reality, only niche audience cares about them.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.