[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daggerfall Unity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: dfunity-41-3.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dfunity-41-3.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
anyone on /vr/ following Daggerfall Unity development?
http://www.dfworkshop.net/
>>
Nobody cares about remakes unless they're done in Unreal.
>>
That seems like an awful lot of time and effort for something that's still going to be just as crushingly dull and monotonous to play as Daggerfall. Like wow it's running in a modern engine but fuck, it's still Daggerfall.
>>
>>3717367
This. I'm hoping there's some kind of mod support or some huge improvements to actually justify playing it.
>>
>>3717367
If Daggerfall is dull for you. What's your opinion about Ultima Underworld?
>>
>>3717501
there's mod support already
>>
>>3717707

The lack of randomly generated empty nonsense makes it a lot more focused, at least. It feels like something somebody made rather than just letting an algorithm plunk down a bunch of trees and hallways and NPCs. I still think I'd rather just play Doom though.
>>
>>3717336
You mean this is still a fucking thing? This shit is never going to be finished. OpenMW will hit v1.0 before this does.
>>
XLEngine when
>>
>>3717336
>not using mesh occlusion

Project already sucks
>>
>>3717896
Never
>>
>>3717336
I hate this, one of the appeals of DF to me is that i can run it on my old computer. Unity brings new graphics, which i couldn't care less, and no game modding. There should be some interface to mod the original game without unity shit.
>>
>>3717336
Old ES games had such bigger play areas.

Big, boring, empty, ugly play areas.
>>
>>3717336

NOT
RETRO
>>
>>3717840
pleb
>>
>>3717853
You're thinking of the XL engine, Daggerfall Unity has been moving along at a reasonable pace
>>
>>3718857
>no game modding
Please, please try to have even the smallest idea of what you're talking about before you make a post.
>>
>>3717336

Daggerfall is one of the great games.

Most games serve you the whole experience on a platter but there are games like daggerfall that require the player to immerse himself into the game to get the most out of it.

You don't play daggerfall as a point A to point B game. Daggerfall provides you the environment and the setting so that you may immerse yourself into the game and roleplay.
>>
>>3719993

Humans come in all shape, form and sizes. Many of them are solely concerned with "winning" or acquiring resources, power...etc

They fail to grasp the significance of life and little more than unthinking beings concerned with "winning".

They are the NHL/NBA/NFL/etc 2kXX players of the world.

There seems to be many of them here in this thread.
>>
>>3720015
>fedora.png
>>
>>3720040

For example, I played uoforever, a free ultima online server.

Keep in mind that Ultima online is a twenty something year old game yet some people spend their entire day farming virtual gold.

They get fulfillment from obeying a strong natural urge of material acquisition. They have been programmed from birth to gather bread crumbs and store them away for latter use.

These are probably the same people that set their alarm early on a Sunday morning to shovel snow.

The vast majority of people are like that. They spend their lives obeying obscure impulses.
They constitute the bulk of responsible tax-paying citizens in this country. They are born, live and die in entirely predictable ways.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.