[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever fully completed A Link to the Past, without any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: community_image_1398603131.png (3MB, 950x1330px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1398603131.png
3MB, 950x1330px
Have you ever fully completed A Link to the Past, without any assistance, all by yourself? Items and all?
>>
>>3716181
Define items and all? You mean like 100% completion or like just the shit to beat the game because I did the latter two years ago playing for the first time without any help.
>>
>>3716196
Yep. 100 percent items.
>>
Plenty.
>>
>>3716181
I have, but it took forever. I was missing some of the heart pieces for a really long time.
>>
>>3716181
Yeah. But I'll tell you one thing, I'll
Never beat judge dredd on snes
>>
>>3716181

Zelda games are impossible without guides. There's always several those parts that will leave you stumped. For ever.
>>
>>3716293
Just about every kid I knew would skim through a Nintendo Power at Walmart while their mom shopped. They for sure looked up and saw something.
>>
>>3716181
I've done it 98% by myself, but I'd look up guides for the cape and a couple heart pieces (I could never figure out the one from turtle rock).
>>
>>3716181
I've never completed it 100% in general. I always needed something like 5 more heart pieces and never had the motivation to find them.

I got all the exits in Mario World but thought it was percentage rather than exits so I always thought I was missing things.
>>
19.5 hearts. Got all items, in the end I was convinced that the shovel was needed for a heart piece hidden somewhere. Never found em, feelsbadman.
>>
>>3716181

I think so, yeah. I found it to be too easy back then. I didn't like how the game rewarded you for carefully exploring by making you overpowered against bosses, with your endless magic and your huge stack of hearts and your several layers of spare health stored in bottles.

I'm not trying to brag or anything; it's not a very difficult game is it? You just need to be somewhat careful, and you should find all the stuff in it, I think? It's not full of weird obscure stuff that you needed Nintendo Power to help with. Unless I'm forgetting.
>>
>>3716203
Nah. I never feel the need to get everything. I just tie up whatever loose ends I need tie up to feel satisfied before fighting Ganon.
>>
>>3716407
I recently played this game again, and yeah. That turtle rock one was a bitch.

No idea how I managed to find it as a kid. Aside from the "Hey, how do I get to that ledge" while in the light world.
>>
>>3716181
My first time n the sixth grade I got almost everything by myself. I do admit I looked up a couple of heart pieces and my friend told me about the ice rod but after that every other playthrough was straight up 100 and it couldn't be any other way.
>>
>without any assistance

This is the thing youngsters don't understand. "Assistance" was part of games back then, you talked about it with friends, you looked up magazines, etc

That's how everyone knew cryptic stuff like the whistle in SMB3, or some of the stuff in Zelda games noone is likely to find on his own.
>>
>>3717020
I used to have a shelf full of Nintendo Power when I was a kid and my friends would always come over and skim through them or look at games we wanted to get next. Getting ahead of the Nintendo Power guide kind of sucked because you'd be stuck until the next issue or 2.
>>
>>3716181
Since we're being aspies, no. Not all by my self with no assistance. I always needed the cart, console, controllers and display, etc.
>>
>>3716181

Ive even beaten the game without the Invincibility Cane before (blue I believe, the red one is essential).

So... finishing the game without even all of the inventory items.
>>
>>3716181
How long is the sentence in the cubes if I didn't?
>>
I used to have the entirety of the game completely memorized and could beat it 100% without dying.

Saw no point in ever playing it again after that.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.