[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Super Famicom's have 1chip revisions? If not, can they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Do Super Famicom's have 1chip revisions? If not, can they be modded for it?
I want to play Super Famicom cartridges, but I feel awkward when they're in an SNES.
>>
>>3715428
Yes
>>
What's the difference between 2chip and 1chip SNESes?
>>
>>3715704
To clarify I was looking for one a while back and I think I came to the conclusion that they are likely to have a serial number greater than 240000 or 250000. You're going to need to communicate with the seller to verify.
>>
>>3715712
http://retrorgb.com/snesversioncompare.html
>>
>>3715715
There's one on eBay right now with a serial greater than 25000000 but the seller knows what he has and is asking 250 with an everdrive.
>>
>>3715428

I'l hijack this thread OP

I have a SUPERFAMI which I think needs it's capacitors replaced but the problem is on the motherboard the damn revision is not written anywhere and yes I know where it usually is printed.
It's got one of those removable cartridge connectors so I assume it's first revision.

Any tips?
>>
>>3715734
Why do you think it needs new caps?
>>
>>3715752

Man I dunno it's over 20 years old now.

>>3700375
>>3700389
>>
>>3715759
Have you checked here: https://console5.com/wiki/SNES
>>
>>3715767

Nice thanks il open it up tomorrow again and compare.
>>
>>3715772
Hope it helps
>>
Does the chip version even matter if you're only using s-video?
>>
>>3715834
I don't know that anyone has compared svideo between console versions but I can't imagine that there would be a noticeable difference.
>>
File: ModSNES7[1].jpg (36KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
ModSNES7[1].jpg
36KB, 640x370px
>>3715428
I'm sure you feel awkward often enough you should be used to it, OP.
>>
File: 1483423911881.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1483423911881.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>3718374
The gaps

THE GAAAAPS
>>
>>3715834
2-chip is definitely better if you aren't using RGB.

Hell, it's arguably better for RGB as well. People just fell for the fact that when Nintendo released the 1 chip to save money they removed filtering components.

And people actually think this change that was made for no reason other than to save Nintendo 5c per console is a good thing cause of "much sharpness".

Enjoy your clone-tier SNES, 1-Chip owners.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.