[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BS Zelda: Third Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

This is pretty good.
>>
>>3714479

I agree. Just played it for first time a couple months ago. Fourth quest is good too.
>>
>>3714479
I was looking at the patches for this, is it pretty much Zelda 1 with a facelift?
>>
BullShit Zelda: Third Quest is merely a ROM hack.
>>
>>3715604
I'll throw it in my flashcart and try it out.
>>
>>3715593

>is it pretty much Zelda 1 with a facelift?

You shouldn't need patches. The overworld map and dungeons are completely different. gameplay is more or less the same, BS is a little easier.

>>3715604
no it's not, you mong.
>>
Care to explain what is BS Zelda? Never heard of it before.
>>
>>3715763
Its a Japan Only SNES release of a 4 part series timed Zelda. Theres patches to remove the timers.

Theres 2 different Zelda 1 playthroughs, and I think 2 different Zelda ALTTP.
>>
>>3715808
>timed Zelda
What's this about? I mean, it's like rushing on a dungeon and you are given X minutes to beat it or something like that? What would anyone remove that?
>>
>>3715814
More like you have 200 minutes to complete the game and different events happen at different times so you only have a small window to collect some items.
>>
>>3715814
>>3715816
The games on satellview were only brodcasted at certain times, sometimes only once even. Because of this most had timers telling you when the broadcasting will end. There were other features as well. There was actually a actor impersonating the old man. He would speak to players, giving hints and commentating. If for example you died he would scold you and other small things.
>>
>>3715763
There is the one in OP's pic, remake of LOZ, and there is one based no ALTTP. They're basically like Master Quests, but shorter and easier.
The good thing about the LOZ one is that it's a remake of the original for SNES, and also that the overworld is different as well (although reminiscent of the original), not just the dungeons.

>>3715808
>>3715814
The BS Zelda games were streamed live, and divided into 4 different weeks, 4 different games; and your savefile would link them all.
Each "week" consisting of a couple of dungeons last only about 1 hour.

There are hacks which remove the timer and link all 4 weeks into one, thus creating a full game.

However - the hack I used to play Third Quest seemed to do some arbritary things which made things easier. For instance, in the original, some special events would occur at certain times, like giving you unlimited bombs for a few mins, etc The hack removes the timer, so as a result, it seems they decided to grant those special events as rewards later in the game, so in the end I had unlimited bombs, an OP as fuck lvl3 boomerang, and the laser sword at all times; even though I swear those are only meant to be temporary bonuses. Made it even easier.

However for the ALTTP one I played the original timed based games and it was enjoyable as such. Only issue is that during the last event, the game kinda fucks you up and is meant so that only the smartest ones will actually beat the game... so, it's up to you whether you want to play the hacked versions or not.
>>
File: fourthquest_00000.png (17KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
fourthquest_00000.png
17KB, 256x224px
Started playing Fourth Quest now, looks pretty cool.
>>
File: 54511-221777-bottle3gif-620x[1].jpg (66KB, 620x540px) Image search: [Google]
54511-221777-bottle3gif-620x[1].jpg
66KB, 620x540px
How does compare the game in terms of story/character interaction with aLttP?
>>
>>3716654
It's all about the dungeons mostly really. Remember they were timed based, straight to the point.
>>
>>3715640
Yes, it is. The second quest broadcast was never finished, why would we suddenly have a third and fourth quest? Those are romhacks, not actual BS-X broadcasts.
>>
>>3714479
I didn't play that one
I liked The Stoned Tablets or whatever it was called
Although I fucked up and didn't get the master sword for the 4th hour
>>
>>3717942
>The second quest broadcast was never finished, why would we suddenly have a third and fourth quest?

The 2nd quest is in the original game. Do you even know what you're talking about?

>not actual BS-X broadcasts.

Yeah you're right, we should all wait for the next broadcasts to play them.
>>
>>3716649
is this availabe as a rom? (where?)
what is the name of it exactly

>id play it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.