[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

N64 Expansion Pak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Big Dong Expansion.png (1MB, 1280x832px) Image search: [Google]
Big Dong Expansion.png
1MB, 1280x832px
Found out there's some cheap as shit repros for Perfect Dark and Conker 64, so I thought it'd be prime time to expand my dong and get an expansion pak for my N64. I never owned one as a kid and now there's like a gorillion aftermarket ones now so I'm not sure if it's better to get the official one or if any of the aftermarkets are suitable. I used to hear about how expansion paks other than Nintendo's own cause problems or some shit, anybody able to confirm?
>>
All I can tell you is that Nintendo's pak works without issue
>>
File: ZSNES.jpg (96KB, 615x593px) Image search: [Google]
ZSNES.jpg
96KB, 615x593px
>>3714154
Thanks for telling me that
>>
My general rule of thumb with consoles and accessories is to go strictly first party, with rare exceptions for really awesome controllers/peripherals. I'd go with the Nintendo brand, that's what I have and it's always worked perfectly.
>>
>>3714127
its just 4mb of rambus
anyone and their dog could make it
>>
>>3714208
Well I've heard some brands are complete shit that cause slowdowns or have overheating issues. I just want to make sure if it's actually worth throwing down an extra $10 on an official expansion pak rather than grab a cheap alternative. And yes I am that cheap and poor of a person.
>>
>>3714208
considering RAMBUS is obscure as fuck kind of RAM that never took off for the PC market, do you really think modern factories are actually producing the real deal?
>>
>>3714208

Anyone can make it, doesn't mean they'll make it well
>>
>>3714223
>>3714218
>>3714218
rambus had shit random access latencies to begin with. it would be hard to make it worse than it already was.
>>
>>3714232
believe me, it's very easy to stuff a replication up

particularly if they are manufacturing them on the same process as the original ~350nm,

RAMBUS had poor latency but extremely good bandwidth, but it also ran quite hot due to its incredibly fast clock speed for the time ~250mhz, it runs hotter than the N64 CPU or GPU

also N64 RAMBUS is unconventional - 9-bits to a byte memory, not 8-bits to a byte like everything else so that makes manufacturing even more tricky
>>
>>3714214
If you can get an official, get an official. My friends all had Blaze ones and they overheated. I had an original from a DK64 pack-in and it would stand up to 8 hour sessions no problem.
>>
>>3714127
>cheap as shit repros for Perfect Dark
Why get a Perfect Dark repro? You can get a genuine copy for 5 bucks.
>>
>>3714892
this, I remember the knockoffs being hot while the one I got with zelda is fine.

>>3715592
this

repros in general are dumb. just get a flash cart and be a proper pirate.
>>
>>3715624
>repros in general are dumb. just get a flash cart and be a proper pirate
I don't know man, I mean I got a couple everdrives and love their usefulness but they just don't look cool sitting with my legit copies or in the console you know?
You probably don't understand
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.