[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /vr/ help me find the Sonic 2 strategy guide that my mom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3343.jpg (60KB, 381x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3343.jpg
60KB, 381x500px
Okay /vr/ help me find the Sonic 2 strategy guide that my mom bought for me when I was a kid. The guide was for sonic 2, but it also had a short guide for Sonic CD. I remember looking through it and wondering what Sonic CD was like to play and realizing I'd never get a chance to try. I've looked for it a few times over the years but never found evedence that it even existed. Was I hallucinating or did I actually have that guide?

Also a general discussion of retro strategy guides.
>>
Some additional details: I think the cover was yellow like the pic in OP and it may have come from blockbuster.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (163KB, 1085x1004px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
163KB, 1085x1004px
>>3713731
Sonic 3's guide is yellow and it seems more likely to have had a Sonic CD preview in it.
>>
>>3713749
Damn. Thanks anon looks like you're probably right.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_3:_Official_Super-Sonic_Tips_for_SegaManiacs!

I could have sworn it was a Sonic 2 guide.
>>
>>3713757
All good. You may have had both books it would be easy to confuse elements from both of them that's the number 1 way to get false memories.
>>
>>3713762
I may have had both but I'm not sure. Now I'm wondering how much of my childhood was a lie.
>>
>strategy guides
why tho
>>
>>3713876

Look at pictures and shit
>>
>>3713876
Why not? They would be in the video rental store and I would want to look at them for the pictures and artwork and secrets. Plus I was a fucking kid.
>>
>>3713876
When I was a kid, I loved vidya so much I would love to even so much as read them and look at pictures.
In the Pokrmon Stadium players guide, it had a completed Pokedex in the back, including general stats, moves, and where to access them from. I learned over half of everything about Pokemon R/B/Y before I even owned them.
>>
>>3713708
shieeeeet

I haven't seen that cover in decades
>>
>>3713708
>>3713749
The Sonic 3 guide is the one with the Sonic CD preview, the Sonic 1 & 2 guide covers both the Genesis and Game Gear versions of Sonic 1 & 2. I still have these books from when I was kid, and I'm looking at them right now to confirm what's covered.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.