[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CLI Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Zork I.jpg (30KB, 300x358px) Image search: [Google]
Zork I.jpg
30KB, 300x358px
What are some fun games that don't have any graphics?
>>
Final fantasy 7
>>
Title is misleading since you can have a command-line interface and still have graphics, e.g. King's Quest I.

I'm trying to get through Infocom's Starcross right now. Not sure I would say it's a good game so far... the limitations of the implementation back then worked better for lighthearted whimsical stuff like Zork than hard-ish science fiction. But I'm enjoying it.
>>
I played a DOS game as a kid called Sir Guy Gallant. a text mystery.

Fun, but I wrote over the floppy as an idiot child and now I don't have it. It's hard to find, especially since the title is the name of a famous legend.
>>
>>3713343
nevermind, apparently I should try harder
https://archive.org/details/msdos_Sir_Guy_Gallant__The_Deadly_Warning_1993
>>
>get ye flask
>>
>>3713352
You are likely to get your bike stolen by a nigga.
>>
>>3713323
>Zork

Every time I see that title I REEEEE the fuck out.
Only played the later, Return to Zork. But fuck that game and everyone who made it.
>>
>>3713323
Infocom games are the shit. Planetfall, Stationfall, Hitchhiker's Guide, A Mind Forever Voyaging, and the Zorks. Your imagination is so much more alive when you don't have a visual aid.

I don't know if you consider nethack's ascii graphics to qualify or not, but that is one of the best games I have ever played. You don't know terror until a purple h is bearing down on you (and I'm not talking about dwarf kings).
>>
>>3713323
I always liked the Scott Adams adventure games. I had most of them on cartridge for the VIC-20 BITD.
>>
>>3713352
You can't getteth yon flask
>>
File: 52d99bc01605fb5b75000040.jpg (8KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
52d99bc01605fb5b75000040.jpg
8KB, 400x300px
>>3713327
>>
Lurking Horror was so fucking good.
>>
>>3713750
Honestly beside a few games I would say Infocom games not the shit but simpl shit. Trinity, Enchanter, Suspended and Planetfall can be argued to hold up. Bureacracy is funny if not actually all that good. A Mind Forever Voyaging was so dissapointing once you figured out it was all just an autistic excuse to REEE over Reagan and Christian conservatives. (disclaimer: i'm neither american, christian nor an economic liberal)

Legend Entertainment, for all it's attempt at graphics, is when classical text adventure-style games really became great imo.
>>
>>3713323
Galactic conquest is great fun with 3~4 other people.
>>
>>3713352
>You can't get ye flask!
>I'm certainly not going to tell thou.
>Graphics schmaphics...for sooth!
>>
>>3714557
A Mind Forever Voyaging is definitely overrated for the sake of it being high-concept, kinda artsy, and political-minded, even though the premise is fairly stupid when you think about it and the politics are simplified and preachy. It's interesting for being different but does not belong on all the must-play lists it makes.

I think you're too hard on the rest of the catalog though. Zork 2 has some great puzzles, the other games in the Enchanter trilogy (Sorcerer and Spellbreaker) are also quite good, and Wishbringer is rather polished for such an old game. Infidel is also worth playing--I beat it without any hints and it has some cool Indiana Jones-ish puzzles that are fairly clued. It's a lot more grounded than a wacky Zork-type game.
>>
File: 200px-Bureaucracy_box_art.jpg (16KB, 200x204px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Bureaucracy_box_art.jpg
16KB, 200x204px
>>3713323
Bureaucracy is great fun
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.