[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

destroy rare games to make them more rare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: clay fighter.jpg (57KB, 854x539px) Image search: [Google]
clay fighter.jpg
57KB, 854x539px
The value of a rare item will increase when the available item decreases.

What games have you purposefully destroyed?
>>
I melted my copy of Earthbound because FUCK HIPSTERS.
>>
I actively destroy US Saturn/Sega CD cases so that people are forced to sell the discs loose at a cheaper price.
>>
I wish I was edgier, I'd break into collector's houses and trash their stuff.
>>
>>3713270

Hey hold on, nobody is talking about destroying other people's properties, just your own.
>>
>>3713273
Wouldn't it be funny though? Just trash his collection and leave everything else perfectly intact. Just imagining their reaction is making me have a bit of a laugh.
>>
>>3713276

No, it wouldn't be funny, mr. vandal.
>>
>>3713280
Unexpected things are funny. Who would expect that? You would expect someone who breaks into a place to steal your shit, but no, instead all that happens is your collection becomes a pile of worthless garbage. Funny as heck.
>>
>>3713284
They would literally break. LMAO
>>
>>3713284

Again, we're not talking about vandalism here, we're just talking about destroying our own possesions.
>>
>>3713290
kek
>>
>>3713258
>What games have you purposefully destroyed?

Or do collectors more actively do the opposite and hoard games to keep and sell at a later date?
>>
>>3713284
Are you an absurdist?
>>
I gutted a Gyromite to get at the delicious converter candy inside.
>>
>>3713258
>>3713263
>>3713261

I would personally destroy you and parasites hipsterians coackroaches like you and people like you.
>>
I go to retro game shops and melt their inventory down. I hate fat people that collect kids toys I would give away for free who try to make it their job and so that youtubers will never find anything to make a pickups video about ever again.
>>
I had a prototype version of Rockman X2 that was different from retail, but after I played it through a few times I completely obliterated it and erased the EPROMs to make sure that the number of people who could ever play it would be limited as much as possible.

Shit was so cash.

>>3713332

I'm sure they're telling the truth.
>>
>>3713336
>I go to retro game shops and melt their inventory down.

Thank you.

>>3713258
>What games have you purposefully destroyed?

https://youtu.be/1CYS-vP0eyQ

bingo
>>
>>3713351

So this is an "OP low-key shills his YouTube video" thread.
>>
not games, but some original neogeo marquees were purposely destroyed by a repro printer.
>>
>>3713351
i don't get this mspainted red knife vs stuff meme on youtube
>>
Reported for obvious shilling. You couldn't even be arsed to make a repro cart to really destroy?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgJ4v7OXKWA

insurance on your collection might be a good idea
>>
>>3713432
Fucking sad.
>>
>>3713432
i'm sorry, but i just don't feel bad about this. you should never store this sort of stuff in a shed! really, just never store anything with so much paper and cardboard in a place that is not climate controlled. again sorry, but you kinda deserved it for storing your stuff in such a terrible location!
>>
>>3713443
You think Guru Larry posts here on 4chan? Nah he's too bigtime for /vr/
>>
>>3713258

Destroyed MM and my N64 with a sledgehammer
>>
>>3713482
>implying you can destroy Malice Mizer

they're immortal.
>>
>>3713484
I think he meant the Music Meister, which once again cannot be done. He'd lull you with his dulcet tones before you could even raise the hammer.
>>
>>3713491

Well, Batman could, but Batman doesn't kill.
>>
I buy up cartridges of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for peanuts and gut them, repurposing the shells to sell to gamer grrls and hipster faggots for profit, all while keeping some copies to sell once my crusade to make the most common game rare nears completion.

Also this: >>3713330
>>
Who the fuck invited /r9k/ to this board? Die huffing the fumes of your own shit and piss you genetic abnormalities.
>>
>>3713336
>I go to retro game shops and melt their inventory down.

So you're just buying their stuff, and giving them money? I don't think they're gonna care what you do with it after, but they'd still be getting your money so I find that contradictory that your destroying them anyway and being all, "yeah fuck resellers!"
>>
>>3713320
I dunno what that is m8
>>
File: I will find you.jpg (3KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
I will find you.jpg
3KB, 480x360px
>>3713258
So help me god if you ever hurt anything that is retro vidya game related I will hunt you down and kill you. Oh and I will rape you as well.
>>
>>3713258
Seems kind of pointless when you could just hide them instead and keep your options open.
>>
>>3713258

uh?, can´t you just, i don´t know, just keep them and never sell them?, is not the same thing?, i mean there is no reason why anybody should know how many copies of a certain game you actually have.
>>
>>3713332
>tips katana
Fuck off kid. People deserve to pay ridiculous prices for baby toys.
>>
File: destroy power.jpg (40KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
destroy power.jpg
40KB, 375x500px
>>3713570
>>3713570
>uh?, can´t you just, i don´t know, just keep them and never sell them

When you die (and you will die) your collection will be passed on.

If you destroy the game you will die knowing you wield the power.
>>
>>3713409
>>3713409
>i don't get this mspainted red knife vs stuff meme on youtube
>>3713443
>never store this sort of stuff in a shed! really, just never store anything with so much paper and cardboard in a place that is not climate controlled.

Best way to store stuff? Sealed plastic storage boxes?
>>
>>3713404
Not even a repro seller, try the official licencee of neo Geo for the us
>>
>>3713564
I ran over a SNES sports game with my car for /v/ingo. It still plays, though. The shell is just a little broken.
>>
>>3713409

Some pointless YouTube channel that looks to be popular at the moment involves some guy cutting things with a heated knife. The thumbnails have MSPainted the knife to appear to have a red-hot blade. I assume they are a play on that.
>>
>>3713351
Why do these 1000 degree knife videos make so many youtubers butthurt? People like fire and like seeing shit get cut up it's not a surprise a combo of the two would be huge.
>>
I know it's bait but I'd still murder you with a tire iron
>>
>>3713653
Shelves in your house. Plastic tubs. Use the protectors that came with the games most of the time. Putting them in a shed in a box is essentially the same as leaving them in the yard and wondering why they got fucked up by the elements.
>>
File: Dorf Fortress.jpg (16KB, 171x172px) Image search: [Google]
Dorf Fortress.jpg
16KB, 171x172px
>>3713258
You know that one really heavy storm that ruined a collectorfag's house so hard it destroyed all of his vidya shit? I did that.
>>
>>3713351
Joke's on him, they now have Sculptor's Cut repros on aliexpress
>>
File: 1444456228726.jpg (96KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444456228726.jpg
96KB, 576x720px
>>3714074
>yfw when OP unknowingly paid out the ass for a repro
>>
>>3714030
Because they didn't think of it first.
>>
>>3714030

I personally don't give a shit, but to be fair it is lowest common denominator content. People tend to get irritated by the lucky ones who strike very low effort, very high yield content gold.
>>
>>3714812
>but to be fair it is lowest common denominator content

I don't really mind it since it's at least not some retard stealing some guy's phone and then screams it's a prank when he gets punched in the face.
>>
File: 145352765095.gif (2MB, 349x249px) Image search: [Google]
145352765095.gif
2MB, 349x249px
>>3714147

>tfw you didn't kill yourself
>>
>>3713258
I once tore up every other copy of the Blue-Eyes-White-Dragon card, so that mine would be the only one. Does that count?
>>
>>3713258

You don't need to destroy them. You can just horde them.

If you bought up every copy of Little Samson, and then slowly released them you would absolutely get more money than just putting them up all at once.

No need to destroy shit.
>>
>>3717864
>i can't into logic
cool story
>>
It is yours, do wat u want.
>>
Even when I was young, I was always against destroying any sort of video game stuff, or really any media. I remember I had a hard time accepting that a friend of mine, 15 at the time, took a sledgehammer to his copy of Megaman Legends for the 64 in protest of it not being an actual Megaman game (It was a strange time, we were all pretty frustrated that it wasn't another entry in the X series or anything like it).

I've still got a zillian VHS tapes too that are worthless to me since I have a digital or DVD/BluRay copy now, but even those I won't toss out just because they're a somewhat unique out of production entity.
>>
File: 1479320594942.jpg (47KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479320594942.jpg
47KB, 320x240px
I can't understand you people who break stuff on your own.
Just can't.
Maybe it's just me and poorfags gonna poorfag, but I don't find fun breaking hard earned stuff.
>>
>>3713258
Gamecube / Xbox / Ps2 threads get constantly deleted because "they aren't retro" but useful threads like this thrive.
Yeah, fuck you mods.
>>
but you would have to be at point where destroying one copy makes the item at least twice as valuable to make a profit out of that
>>
>>3721194
Let the regards troll each other. If any of them destroy anything that is their loss.
>>
>>3713270
>>3713273
>>3713276
>>3713284
>>3713280
Really, if you wanted to be a little more clever, you could instead dedicate resources to creating neigh undetectable forgeries of original retro games, then create enough that the market is flooded with them. If the forgeries were convincing enough and in high enough quantity with easy access, it's feasible that the market for originals would tank because no one would be able to verify with 100% accuracy a legitimate copy.

Doing so would crash the value of collectors' stashes everywhere, making them essentially worthless to anyone who didn't have an interest in games themselves.
>>
>>3721617
Or here's another idea - how about NOT be an asshole trying to damage people who share similar hobbies as you.
>>
>>3721623

to be honest game collecting as a hobby is pretty gay.
>>
>>3713276

no

autist
>>
>>3721626
Having a couple BADASS GAMES is OK but having RACKS ON RACKS ON RACKS of games that sit there not getting played is a little excessive unless you're a reseller
>>
>>3713258
Video games are part of history, destroying irreplaceable historical items on purpose is the purest form of faggotry. You won't see any significant market change because the quantity of a game doesn't influence the price, consumer opinion and demand do. Advances in emulation are also reducing demand. Have fun living an uneducated retarded life.
>>
>>3721623
Theoretically, I would be creating more opportunities for people to enjoy my hobby by increasing availability, since my hobby is not collecting games but playing them. That said though, I have no real intention of flooding the market with mass reproductions of games because emulators already exist.
>>
>>3721673
thank you! i will!
>>
>>3713564

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwzcynv7OAo

Come at me bish
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.