[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of the older western PC RPGs have a story on par with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1zco804.jpg (30KB, 458x550px) Image search: [Google]
1zco804.jpg
30KB, 458x550px
Do any of the older western PC RPGs have a story on par with Final Fantasy Tactics?
>>
I don't think many western games with good stories are RPGs
>>
>>3711532
Are they all just dungeon crawls?
>>
>You are Werdna
>You want revenge
Pottery
>>
>>3711553
Is that a bad thing?
>>
Suikoden 2.
>>
File: BaK.jpg (126KB, 640x816px) Image search: [Google]
BaK.jpg
126KB, 640x816px
>>
>>3711584
Suikoden ain't western bro
>>
>story
Spotted the genre fiction pleb.
>>
>>3711614
what's that supposed to mean
>>
Planesape torment
Betrayal at Krondor
Ultima 4-6
Fallout 1
Arcanum
>>
>>3711650
>Betrayal at Krondor
What's that game like?
>>
>>3711614
Says someone posting on a board about old video games
>>
>>3711614
*rattles tits* GENRE FICTION GENRE FICTION GENRE FICTION GENRE FICTION GENRE FICTION GENRE FICTION GENRE FICTION GENRE FICTION GENRE FICTION GENRE FICTION GENRE FICTION GENRE FICTION
>>
>>3711526
Tactics Ogre was better I mean in the end it was just a bunch of south slavs mass murdering each other.
>>
File: Ultima_V_-_Lazarus_Logo.png (59KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima_V_-_Lazarus_Logo.png
59KB, 256x223px
>>3711526
now that i think about it, not really.

pic related is probably my all-time all-time favoritest pc game. but it wasn't that the story was so baroque and full of twists. it was just a really good presentation of a really interesting setting. the story of U5 doesn't really make much sense without U4, or the general tenor of those games: that is, that garriott was basically trying to show people that computer games weren't all about combat and violence. when he made U4 he made the game about becoming just a good person. but it's not overdone and stupid, because he put you in a sandbox world that let you do anything you wanted. so you *could* steal and kill people, and it was fun, but in the end the game was better. but origin also didn't give you a rich and complex backstory for the same reasons, because the game was still about you as the avatar playing it.

as anons have suggested, P:T does some pretty amazing stuff with narrative. to this day FF6 *still* blows me away: not only for what occurs in act 2, but how the game ends. but FF6 isn't western, of course, so that doesn't count.

FFT is pretty boss.
>>
>PC
No, but home computers are a different story.
>>
>>3711657

Pretty good, it has a 3D world and a day/night cycle. The battle system is turn based
>>
>>3711596
BaK's storyline and characters are amazing. Enough said.
>>
>>3711526
Tactics Ogre
>>
>>3711630
Catch-all "insult" by people who only read books taught in high school for those who read Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Spy books.
>>
File: Interplay LOTR.jpg (7KB, 169x217px) Image search: [Google]
Interplay LOTR.jpg
7KB, 169x217px
>>3711526

Pic related.

But in all seriousness, I would have recommended some of the mid-late Ultimas (7 probably being my favorite), P:ST if you count it as "older", Geneforge, and Falling Stars.
>>
>>3711614
Oh shut the fuck up you pedofag, just because you read one of Shakey's shittier plays doesn't mean you're in some kind of special club.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.